First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Prove it. Oh, that's right, you can't. Hence your claim is unsubstantiating and meaningless.
    Surely you can do an unbiased research for yourself, if you are so unfamiliar with the concept.

My "claim" is no more meaningless than you thinking you're right and attacking it's integrity. You speak as if you know something factual, but you do not. I speak of a very real theoretical possibility that shouldn't be so hastily discarded because your Ego refuses to even consider it.
    Likes Patrick, TheUnknown liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I already had the feeling of "oh God ! I have been here..once upon a time...".

I can't explain why, but it is a really deep feeling, not something coming from your imagination, it is rather a gut feeling/.

So, some explanation please ?

Reincarnation is the cornerstone of hinduism. Vicious circle of samsara...

To break up this circle, the hinduist has to live into perfect harmony so that his karma be at the end neither positive nor negative. The purpose is to reach unity between individual soul and cosmic soul.

Karma means "action" in sanskrit, cause and effect, we all choose our experiences to live before our birth !

So....incredible hè ?

Reminiscence is what remains at the present moment from our past life.

Fears, talents, love for a country, subjects, languages, and even persons, past lives are sometimes the origin of a great passion to live here and now !

So... Déjà vu ?
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Krim13 liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

banniere_reminiscence.jpg

I do remember this perfume now

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

https://youtu.be/DfC8yHoEPTE

I know you can remember too

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Perhaps time is flowing backwards.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Perhaps time is flowing backwards.
    Well, if you're looking back at the past, time slips past you to the future...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krim13 View Post
    It would make a certain sense. I believe it. When you consider quantum theory, lots of unusual things seem possible. And this would just be a natural cycle in another unperceived form.

So, why not?
    Does quantum work on the macro level like that?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Brain Facts.org: 'What causes deja vu.' http://www.brainfacts.org/about-neur...auses-deja-vu/

How Stuff Works covers some of the 40 different theories (most of those "theories" however rely on the supernatural) on 'How Deja Vu Works': How Déjà Vu Works - HowStuffWorks

Science Daily, "The Psychology of Deja Vu.": http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1118122146.htm

TL;DR Deja Vu = Your brain misfiring, 60-70% of us report experiencing it at some point.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think it's possible to gain an understanding of someone who lived before. Certain individuals can leap out as making sense to you. This isn't the same thing as literally being a reincarnation of that person.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Surely you can do an unbiased research for yourself, if you are so unfamiliar with the concept.

My "claim" is no more meaningless than you thinking you're right and attacking it's integrity. You speak as if you know something factual, but you do not. I speak of a very real theoretical possibility that shouldn't be so hastily discarded because your Ego refuses to even consider it.
    Hello,

I suspect Hard was using this line of thinking; "When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philos...urden_of_proof

When someone then asks you to disprove their claim that has no evidence presented you are doing two things; 1) burden shifting https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof 2) asking someone to prove a negative, which can't be done.

With that out of the way...

When you consider quantum theory, lots of unusual things seem possible. And this would just be a natural cycle in another unperceived form.

So, why not?
    What Hard was doing was requesting evidence in order to evaluate your claim, followed by his reason for rejecting your claim, lack of evidence.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    this movie didn't inspire you?