User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default Is the alpha male more alpha than someone who laughs and looks down on him?

So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

So which is the real alpha male?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

Which one are others drawn to?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Which one are others drawn to?
    Is not relevant "In social animals, the alpha is the individual in the community with the highest rank...Alphas may achieve their status by means of superior physical prowess and/or through social efforts and building alliances within the group."-wiki
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Isn't the Alpha the one who sits at the top, but then...is it about physicality, drive, intelligence? Success perhaps? The vibe? The one who commands?

Is Bill Gates an Alpha because he was successful, he sits at the top and he commands? If not then why hasn't an alpha toppled him with it's inherent superiority. What about other alpha's to an alpha? Which alpha is the alphaist?

How come little fat bald men with tiny penises, who don't dominate any environment, can run big businesses and command large groups of people? I guess those alphas get the alpha women as well, right? I suppose alphas get the group to do what they want, apart from those who don't but they could also be alphas?

It's almost like it's bullshit or something...I can't quite put my finger on it.

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes chubber liked this post

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Isn't the Alpha the one who sits at the top, but then...is it about physicality, drive, intelligence? Success perhaps? The vibe? The one who commands?

Is Bill Gates an Alpha because he was successful, he sits at the top and he commands? If not then why hasn't an alpha toppled him with it's inherent superiority. What about other alpha's to an alpha? Which alpha is the alphaist?

It's almost like it's bullshit or something...I can't quite put my finger on it.

The one who commands is the closest thing I've seen to the way I would describe it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The one who commands is the closest thing I've seen to the way I would describe it.
    Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way
    Sounds like your describing an alpha and a hipster.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Ah ok.

So is this an objective observation? Did Ghandi command? I guess he's not an alpha though, but he sure was successful in some aspects. But then I suppose it depends on your definition of success, that must suck for alpha's. People keep changing the definition.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

A good way to think about it would be this.

Were all the laws of civil society to evaporate, they would probably be running the show among their peers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I'd say if there is a guy who can laugh at an alpha male like that and get away with it, or if his authority isn't natural and looks ridiculous to others, the alpha male isn't really in control.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-
    Likes chubber liked this post