• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the alpha male more alpha than someone who laughs and looks down on him?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could also ask "Is the alpha male more alpha than someone who secretly plots to destroy him?"

(i.e. not a personal fan of the alpha male)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
This isnt about a clash of opinions. Disagreeing on something with an alpha isnt a battle for the position of the alpha male in the group, therefore what you say about agreeing with alpha is not relevant on the example you gave.

So from this follows that you're actually describing a battle for the position of alpha male? Meaning that the guy who laughs and looks down on him is trying to take over the "leadership"?

st-t-toat

Well, my dear Green Fairy, my philosopher wood nymph, some like to pretend they are the Alpha Mole. And who can blame them? Can there be anything more arresting than Mole rampant, uttering his warcry, "A Mole! A Mole!", striking terror into the hearts of the Weasels and the Stoats?

" ... just a dead mole in its black suede-like fur, but with just two little neat puncture marks at the back of the neck ... reasons are unclear but stoats or weasels are thought to be involved ... and it is believed they may have thought they were " ... alpha-moles? be afraid my dear Mole, be very very a-f-r-a-i-d!

Last edited:

st-t-toat

But what would Mole be without Green Fairy to look after?

And what would Green Fairy be without Mole to look after?

some st-t-toats are known to keep moles as ... pets! and even, the green fairy in a ... bottle!

Mole

Permabanned
The Weasels and the Stoats in the Wild Wood

" ... just a dead mole in its black suede-like fur, but wth just two little neat puncture marks at the back of the neck ... reasons are unclear but stoates or weasels are thought to be involved ... and it is believed they may have thought they were " ... alpha-moles? be afraid my dear Mole, be very very a-f-r-a-i-d!

Who wouldn't be afraid in the Wild Wood as dusk closes in and the Weasels and the Stoats come out -

Mole pushed on towards the Wild Wood, which lay before him low and threatening, like a black reef in some still southern sea.

There was nothing to alarm him at first entry. Twigs crackled under his feet, logs tripped him, funguses on stumps resembled caricatures, and startled him for the moment by their likeness to something familiar and far away; but that was all fun, and exciting. It led him on, and he penetrated to where the light was less, and trees crouched nearer and nearer, and holes made ugly mouths at him on either side.

Everything was very still now. The dusk advanced on him steadily, rapidly, gathering in behind and before; and the light seemed to be draining away like flood-water.

Then the faces began.

It was over his shoulder, and indistinctly, that he first thought he saw a face, a little, evil, wedge-shaped face, looking out at him from a hole. When he turned and confronted it, the thing had vanished.

He quickened his pace, telling himself cheerfully not to begin imagining things or there would be simply no end to it. He passed another hole, and another, and another; and then—yes!—no!—yes! certainly a little, narrow face, with hard eyes, had flashed up for an instant from a hole, and was gone. He hesitated—braced himself up for an effort and strode on. Then suddenly, and as if it had been so all the time, every hole, far and near, and there were hundreds of them, seemed to possess its face, coming and going rapidly, all fixing on him glances of malice and hatred: all hard-eyed and evil and sharp.

If he could only get away from the holes in the banks, he thought, there would be no more faces. He swung off the path and plunged into the untrodden places of the wood.

Then the whistling began.

Very faint and shrill it was, and far behind him, when first he heard it; but somehow it made him hurry forward. Then, still very faint and shrill, it sounded far ahead of him, and made him hesitate and want to go back. As he halted in indecision it broke out on either side, and seemed to be caught up and passed on throughout the whole length of the wood to its farthest limit. They were up and alert and ready, evidently, whoever they were! And he—he was alone, and unarmed, and far from any help; and the night was closing in.

Then the pattering began.

He thought it was only falling leaves at first, so slight and delicate was the sound of it. Then as it grew it took a regular rhythm, and he knew it for nothing else but the pat-pat-pat of little feet still a very long way off. Was it in front or behind? It seemed to be first one, and then the other, then both. It grew and it multiplied, till from every quarter as he listened anxiously, leaning this way and that, it seemed to be closing in on him. As he stood still to hearken, a rabbit came running hard towards him through the trees. He waited, expecting it to slacken pace or to swerve from him into a different course. Instead, the animal almost brushed him as it dashed past, his face set and hard, his eyes staring. "Get out of this, you fool, get out!" the Mole heard him mutter as he swung round a stump and disappeared down a friendly burrow.

The pattering increased till it sounded like sudden hail on the dry leaf-carpet spread around him. The whole wood seemed running now, running hard, hunting, chasing, closing in round something or—somebody? In panic, he began to run too, aimlessly, he knew not whither. He ran up against things, he fell over things and into things, he darted under things and dodged round things. At last he took refuge in the deep, dark hollow of an old beech tree, which offered shelter, concealment—perhaps even safety, but who could tell? Anyhow, he was too tired to run any further, and could only snuggle down into the dry leaves which had drifted into the hollow and hope he was safe for a time. And as he lay there panting and trembling, and listened to the whistlings and the patterings outside, he knew it at last, in all its fulness, that dread thing which other little dwellers in field and hedgerow had encountered here, and known as their darkest moment—that thing which the Rat had vainly tried to shield him from—the Terror of the Wild Wood!

Mole

Permabanned

Take no notice, dear Green Fairy. Stand with Mole and we will see off these fabrications of the Weasels and the Stoats.

Indeed who could stand against a Mole and a Green Fairy united in the pursuit of goodness?

st-t-toat

... the Terror of the Wild Wood!

oh! my dear Mole, i had no idea! i am truly sorry!

from whence does this deep personal dread of yours really spring?

pray, let us to administer some balm, each in our own unique way ...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Then is an alpha female determined purely by how successful she is with men?

Yes.

I should clarify: an alpha is not defined by how many sexual partners he/she has. They are defined by their ability to choose them, where and when they want to. Another proviso is fertility; if you can't pass on your genes you cannot be an alpha. Perpetrating your legacy, y'know ;)

What makes a woman an alpha is a bit different than what makes a man one, because the traits most highly valued in females are not the same.

Bullet

Yes.

I should clarify: an alpha is not defined by how many sexual partners he/she has. They are defined by their ability to choose them, where and when they want to. Another proviso is fertility; if you can't pass on your genes you cannot be an alpha. Perpetrating your legacy, y'know ;)

What makes a woman an alpha is a bit different than what makes a man one, because the traits most highly valued in females are not the same.

Query: Are there any gay alphas?

Mole

Permabanned
The Leader of the Pack

An Alpha is the leader of the pack.

There is no Alpha without the pack.

And there is no pack without the pack mentality.

So it is social psychology that determines an Alpha.

Meet the Leader of the Pack by clicking on Marlon Brando ~ The Wild One(1953) - YouTube

And see the Leader of the Pack put to the test in meeting another Leader of Another Pack by clicking on Fight from THE WILD ONE (1953) - YouTube

Bullet

An Alpha is the leader of the pack.

There is no Alpha without the pack.

And there is no pack without the pack mentality.

So it is social psychology that determines an Alpha.

Meet the Leader of the Pack by clicking on Marlon Brando ~ The Wild One(1953) - YouTube

And see the Leader of the Pack put to the test in meeting another Leader of Another Pack by clicking on Fight from THE WILD ONE (1953) - YouTube

And without any followers, a true leader is an individualist.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you have an accurate understanding of what an alpha male is. an alpha male is someone who is a leader, who has authority and whom people are naturally inclined to follow. you are describing a narcissistic, cock slinging, frat boy-ish douche who wants attention and validation and gets pissed off when people don't kiss his ass (likely an unhealthy 2, 6 or 7).

If guys are scared of this bro bra, then in that moment, he is the alpha male.

Perhaps the next day he is wearing a hair net stirring cilantro at the salsa factory.

If we're talking about the longview here, Bill Gates, even in his "prime" haha, would have gotten his ass flattened by probably any random other guy in the street. However, someone like him would never forget that. And the guy would probably be stuffed into a barrel by now. Gates for the win.

To be alpha, firstly, I think you need to be able to handle yourself in a fight. The prison system social structure, and in many 3rd world countries, and apparently Detroit High School (according to my buddy from there, haha), revolves totally around physical power and violence.

But that's a prereq. You also should be able to verbally defend and slice and dice. Fat pockets is up there. Money may or may not have something to do with happiness but in this world it IS power.

Do you have all that and the ladies still run away from you in disgust? Sorry, still not there.

I mean, our society isn't tribal anymore, which is it's natural state, so it difficult to say "He's Alpha" Maybe today.

I DO think many men (and women) have it inherently or have earned it somehow.

Agreed. In the situation i mentioned one is from outside of the alphas tribe and the alpha from one tribe is unable to gain authority over this other person who instead of submitting to alphas authority(what ever the way he gets the authority), just treats the alpha as a fool for even trying.

Duuuhhh, wait. If this guy is so alpha, how is the nonsubmitting "alpha" getting away with it, laughing at him condescendingly because he is clearly a fool? Is he a ninja?

I mean it sounds like you're talking about a guy making fun of a much larger guy at a bar perhaps? I mean this stuff is all situational. I'm partially having trouble visualizing this. I wouldn't back down from some d-bag, but I'm also not going to try to fight some bionic cyborg. In that situation, I woulda been out-alpha'd.

So the question really is on whether someone of another group of people(regardless if he is the alpha of his own group of friends class or whatever or not) is able to make an alpha of another group to be "under him" between the two people. Which one is the bigger "alpha"?

One tribe's Alpha is another tribe's Beta.

Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way

So far, your Alpha sounds like a weakling. OR maybe he doesn't give a shit. A common Alpha trait. "Don't give a fuck about no Hater."

But a true Alpha isn't going to sit there and be disrespected. True power also doesn't look like a jackass with something to prove.

And violence, or the capacity for it, is a much bigger part of this equation then I've been reading (but by NO means the only part, or even biggest). How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?

: D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stupid question.

Kind of.

If I hadn't been around long enough, I'd think gay men were too effeminate and "push overs."

But I've since met plenty of badass Alpha gay dudes. Couple blackbelts, and one Marine, stand out right now.

2 Alphas,

Primal Alpha + Civilized, High Social Status Alpha = Uber Alpha.

Pa-lenty of real life and fictionals to choose from. But for now, let's say Batman and James Bond.

More or less, Batman uses violence only when necessary and rarely kills (if we're talking about the traditional character). All the goons he fights are examples of pure primal alpha, which in the grand scheme, is pretty pathetic. Bruce Wayne is super rich, suave, highly intelligent and charming (come to think of it, his superpower really is just being super rich, private schooling and whatnot).

James Bond, again, kills when he has to, but he has to a lot. And he'll get the job done anyway he can. Shoot his way out, talk his way out, MAcGyver some shit. But he knows how to turn his inner ape off.

Basically in touch with both your inner animal and your evolving, higher self.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION]
If I hadn't been around long enough, I'd think gay men were too effeminate and "push overs."
But I've since met plenty of badass Alpha gay dudes. Couple blackbelts, and one Marine, stand out right now.

there has never been a better to to mention: