• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the alpha male more alpha than someone who laughs and looks down on him?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

So which is the real alpha male?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

Which one are others drawn to?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Which one are others drawn to?

Is not relevant "In social animals, the alpha is the individual in the community with the highest rank...Alphas may achieve their status by means of superior physical prowess and/or through social efforts and building alliances within the group."-wiki

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Isn't the Alpha the one who sits at the top, but then...is it about physicality, drive, intelligence? Success perhaps? The vibe? The one who commands?

Is Bill Gates an Alpha because he was successful, he sits at the top and he commands? If not then why hasn't an alpha toppled him with it's inherent superiority. What about other alpha's to an alpha? Which alpha is the alphaist?

How come little fat bald men with tiny penises, who don't dominate any environment, can run big businesses and command large groups of people? I guess those alphas get the alpha women as well, right? I suppose alphas get the group to do what they want, apart from those who don't but they could also be alphas?

It's almost like it's bullshit or something...I can't quite put my finger on it.

:whistling:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Isn't the Alpha the one who sits at the top, but then...is it about physicality, drive, intelligence? Success perhaps? The vibe? The one who commands?

Is Bill Gates an Alpha because he was successful, he sits at the top and he commands? If not then why hasn't an alpha toppled him with it's inherent superiority. What about other alpha's to an alpha? Which alpha is the alphaist?

It's almost like it's bullshit or something...I can't quite put my finger on it.

:whistling:

The one who commands is the closest thing I've seen to the way I would describe it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The one who commands is the closest thing I've seen to the way I would describe it.

Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way

Sounds like your describing an alpha and a hipster.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Ah ok.

So is this an objective observation? Did Ghandi command? I guess he's not an alpha though, but he sure was successful in some aspects. But then I suppose it depends on your definition of success, that must suck for alpha's. People keep changing the definition.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
A good way to think about it would be this.

Were all the laws of civil society to evaporate, they would probably be running the show among their peers.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'd say if there is a guy who can laugh at an alpha male like that and get away with it, or if his authority isn't natural and looks ridiculous to others, the alpha male isn't really in control.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say if there is a guy who can laugh at an alpha male like that and get away with it, or if his authority isn't natural and looks ridiculous to others, the alpha male isn't really in control.

But alpha = #1 and is in control because of domination. Doesent that kinda make the alpha status disappear if the domination disappears?

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

I think that Alpha Male is ideological, societal construct. I think, theres only a men who doesnt have much need to prove something, and those who try to prove something. Id like to replace alpha male concept with those of more mature, and less mature men.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think that Alpha Male is ideological, societal construct. Theres only a men who doesnt have much need to prove something, and those who try to prove something. Id like to replace alpha male concept with those of more mature, and less mature men.

If you are #1 in the eyes of others, you need to prove that to them over and over again. Then those who cant prove what the alpha male is able to prove are below the alpha.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
If you are #1 in the eyes of others, you need to prove that to them over and over again. Then those who cant prove what the alpha male is able to prove are below the alpha.

I don't like to prove anything to anyone. It's a total waste of energy. Theres so much important things.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being able to look down & laugh at anyone is meaningless per se. Any lunatic can pull that.

Assuming the other guy let that affect him, then he is being less alpha than the other guy in that situation.

Alpha is a relative qualifier.

Ghoul

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
huh
The laughing guy is so jelly he is peanut butter. Guessing.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
There's a difference between an Alpha enjoying his alphahood, and an alpha being an asshole.
Luckily for social animals like us, the alpha is chosen by the peers.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

The alpha is in the eye of the beholder.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

An alpha male is defined by his success with women, nothing else.

An 80 year old sugar daddy and a nerd who has somehow perfected the art of picking up women are both alpha males. All CEOs, high-ranking politicians etc are alpha males by default, provided they can get it up.

You could be the most physically imposing man in the world, but if you are impotent, you are not an alpha male. Period.