User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Some people argue it's all bad to even compare wolves to humans, especially since male alpha wolves actually show great responsibility to the pack, to the females and pups.

I was just trying to think of the term for the person who just is a loner, or lone wolf. My bad.
    No, not at all. Although I would make the argument that legit alphas who are not posers trying to become PUAs so they can feel good about their pitiful lives really do perform a lot of services for whoever they 'rule'. That's a big part of why they are respected.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    No, not at all. Although I would make the argument that legit alphas who are not posers trying to become PUAs so they can feel good about their pitiful lives really do perform a lot of services for whoever they 'rule'. That's a big part of why they are respected.
    I agree with this. I think perhaps a true alpha sees the good in the pack or society as a whole, while it's actually probably betas ...unhealthy betas at that....who over engage in selfishness due to insecurity. I think both a healthy well adjusted beta and alpha would not be this insecure. We could go on and on theorizing (I did one day on another Web site) but it's probably likely faulty to compare humans to wolves at all.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I agree with this. I think perhaps a true alpha sees the good in the pack or society as a whole, while it's actually probably betas ...unhealthy betas at that....who over engage in selfishness due to insecurity. I think both a healthy well adjusted beta and alpha would not be this insecure. We could go on and on theorizing (I did one day on another Web site) but it's probably likely faulty to compare humans to wolves at all.
    Wolf Pack - Wolves - Wolves Fighting - Best Shot Footage - Stock Footage - YouTube
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I don't recall you mentioning the subject of homosexuality as it pertains to this definitive science of alpha-male'ness which you apparently subscribe to. Despite your preposterous claim that this concept is reliant upon fertility (and presumably sexual orientation), the term "alpha" only has relevance within a designated hierarchy.

I'm curious what your view is of Alexander the Great. He created one of the largest empires the world has ever seen and never lost a battle in 15 years, though he was bisexual and had only one child who died at the age of 12. Adolf Hitler had no offspring. If biblical prophecies about the worldwide leader referred to as the Antichrist are presumed to be true, he will have no regard for the desire of women, which doesn't necessarily indicate homosexuality, but possible asexuality, as he is described as being consumed with self-adoration. I find it mildly amusing that you probably view yourself as more "alpha" than any of these world leaders.

Do tell. I'm curious what these traits are. Do you suppose the leader of a matriarchy is less alpha than any of her subordinates?
    Very good points. One of the most alpha of males was a celibate carpenter from a small middle eastern village who was crucified by his contemporaries, but has had profound social influence in multiple cultures for thousands of years. I was arguing on the other Web site I had this discussion that an alpha could be anything from a large imprisoned gang member with four children on welfare (if we go simply by breeding prowess and physical/social dominance in his own pack) to someone like Alexander the Great. Personally I think a lot of CEOs are Betas who hide behind their corporations, and for similar reasons, not too sure about Hitler. I do think Vladimir Putin is alpha though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    If an argument can't hold up to extreme examples, then it's weak, that's why I used comic book characters BUT here's two real, crazy ass Ukrainian brothers. Both hold boxing heavyweight titles, both have PHDs. I'll spoiler the factoids, but no matter what, pretty interesting:

Wladimir Klitschko Hayden Panettiere is pregnant with his kid

Vitali Klitschko-Dr. Ironfist

Being "Alpha" or "Beta" has a lot of factors. If you're white AND American but not good with the ladies, go to Asia. BOOM insta-Alpha. Trust me. If we're going by your definition.

I'm not sure who brought it up, but I feel like someone thinks laughing at some large guy behind his back at a club is considered "Alpha." Nope.

Anyway, I think I've said my peace. Interesting topic though.
    I don't agree with necessarily that you become an alpha male by entering an Asian country. I think this is a myth perpetuated by Western men who have a fetish for Asian women. Just because you fetishize a certain race, it doesn't make the males alpha or the females all tens just because you have a preference for that race. By a similar token, apparently women who are white and have naturally large breasts and lighter to medium colors of hair may be preferred by some Asian men, but would be called average to above average or fat (6-7, maybe 8, but not a 10. A woman who you could consider a chunky six could be the wet dream of a Persian prince )....so much of this stuff is culturally relative . Maybe that's your real point.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

i think there was a study on wolves that showed the leader wolf was the wolf that could take the most bites without biting back.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'd happily accept the role of omegerist of omegas if it meant I didn't have to spend my time in groups who have an intense belief in this shite.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes 93JC liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Who cares?

The big shot is probably Beta and the guy making fun of him is probably Omega or Beta.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Maybe there are two alphas, one is just a little more handsome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

God this thread is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    i think there was a study on wolves that showed the leader wolf was the wolf that could take the most bites without biting back.
    Interesting.

I've been told by competing fighters that they scariest guy is the one you punch HARD in the face and he's eyes barely blink and he doesn't flinch.

I also read (hell i might have mentioned it here) that a lone wolf is often beta and leaves the pack and actually is very dangerous and will also sometimes start his own pack. I always thought they just kinda died off eventually without a pack to hunt with.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post