User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The people who are stupid are those who are ask questions they already know the answer to.

Re-read my previous comments. I am not wasting time spoonfeeding adults.
    I don't recall you mentioning the subject of homosexuality as it pertains to this definitive science of alpha-male'ness which you apparently subscribe to. Despite your preposterous claim that this concept is reliant upon fertility (and presumably sexual orientation), the term "alpha" only has relevance within a designated hierarchy.

I'm curious what your view is of Alexander the Great. He created one of the largest empires the world has ever seen and never lost a battle in 15 years, though he was bisexual and had only one child who died at the age of 12. Adolf Hitler had no offspring. If biblical prophecies about the worldwide leader referred to as the Antichrist are presumed to be true, he will have no regard for the desire of women, which doesn't necessarily indicate homosexuality, but possible asexuality, as he is described as being consumed with self-adoration. I find it mildly amusing that you probably view yourself as more "alpha" than any of these world leaders.

What makes a woman an alpha is a bit different than what makes a man one, because the traits most highly valued in females are not the same.
    Do tell. I'm curious what these traits are. Do you suppose the leader of a matriarchy is less alpha than any of her subordinates?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I don't recall you mentioning the subject of homosexuality as it pertains to this definitive science of alpha-male'ness which you apparently subscribe to. Despite your preposterous claim that this concept is reliant upon fertility (and presumably sexual orientation), the term "alpha" only has relevance within a designated hierarchy.
    I merely dispute the notion that alpha-ness is unrelated to sexual desirability.

Have a look at how alphas and betas are defined in a typical group of men; say at a university party or in a bar. How are they chosen and who by?

I'm curious what your view is of Alexander the Great. He created one of the largest empires the world has ever seen and never lost a battle in 15 years, though he was bisexual and had only one child who died at the age of 12. Adolf Hitler had no offspring. If biblical prophecies about the worldwide government leader referred to as the Antichrist are assumed to be true, he will have no regard for the desire of women, which doesn't necessarily indicate homosexuality, but possible asexuality, as he is described as being consumed with self-adoration. I find it mildly amusing that you probably view yourself as more "alpha" than any of these world leaders.
    These are extreme examples. The exception does not make the rule; poor argument.

I merely dispute the notion that alpha-ness is unrelated to sexual desirability.

Have a look at how alphas and betas are defined in a typical group of men; say at a university party or in a bar. How are they chosen and who by?
    Sexual desirability is subjective. And plenty of men who you would consider "beta" are not sexually deprived. Alpha's and beta's are only defined in a group of men by nerds who buy into this shit. A university party is not a chain of command, unless fraternities have an actual established hierarchy. Women choose whoever they want to have sex with; sometimes they choose other women.

These are extreme examples. The exception does not make the rule; poor argument.
    There is no universal "rule." It's all in your head. If that gives you a sense of self-esteem or something to strive for, then more power to you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Sexual desirability is subjective. And plenty of men who you would consider "beta" are not sexually deprived. Alpha's and beta's are only defined in a group of men by nerds who buy into this shit. A university party is not a chain of command, unless fraternities have an actual established hierarchy. Women choose whoever they want to have sex with; sometimes they choose other women.
    From what I've seen, "alpha males" are mainly referred to in dating discussions, so I am basing my definitions and discussion on that... Because there is no explicit ranking of the world's men in dating; we don't exist in some concrete chain of command. While your power and influence is a factor, in the vast majority of cases these things are not significant enough of their own to distinguish you from other men. Thus alpha-ness is fluid and (usually) implied, and quite linked to sexuality.

If I wanted, I could link you to studies that show facial symmetry and wearing red increase a person's attractiveness. Of course sexual desirability is partly subjective, but it isn't entirely.

There is no universal "rule." It's all in your head. If that gives you a sense of self-esteem and something to strive for, then more power to you.
    Thank you for the unsolicited psychoanalysis.

From what I've seen, "alpha males" are mainly referred to in dating discussions, so I am basing my definitions and discussion on that... Because there is no explicit ranking of the world's men in dating; we don't exist in some concrete chain of command. While your power and influence is a factor, in the vast majority of cases these things are not significant enough of their own to distinguish you from other men. Thus alpha-ness is fluid and (usually) implied, and quite linked to sexuality.

If I wanted, I could link you to studies that show facial symmetry and wearing red increase a person's attractiveness. Of course sexual desirability is partly subjective, but it isn't entirely.
    Well...for a merely fluid concept that some people refer to in the dating realm which doesn't really indicate anything concrete or definitive, you were advocating for some pretty strict parameters regarding fertility, sexual orientation, etc...

Thank you for the unsolicited psychoanalysis.
    Don't worry about it. The first session is free.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

So which is the real alpha male?
    real alpha males don't have their egos easily hurt nor do they try to hurt someone else's ego for no reason, none of these are alpha, both are wannabes maybe
    Likes Little_Sticks, Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit, then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him(understanding it, but not caring if it hits the alpha males ego and makes him angry) and doesent take the alpha male seriously in any way(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

So which is the real alpha male?
    Neither. You're describing a wannabe alpha. Real alphas get an automatic acknowledgement of superiority; these are your 'leaders of men'.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The one laughing is an omega, I think. They have no place in the pack so stand alone. The person being laughed at is probably a beta. Alphas are a sort that make themselves part of society but so naturally presume their leadership that they don't have these striving behaviors of the beta.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The one laughing is an omega, I think. They have no place in the pack so stand alone. The person being laughed at is probably a beta. Alphas are a sort that make themselves part of society but so naturally presume their leadership that they don't have these striving behaviors of the beta.
    Omegas are actually the Untouchables. At least in animal ethology. They are the lowest of the low.

You are using the reclassification that humans use.

I agree that the 'loner' is occasionally a loner by choice. But more often this is a pose intended to cover a weakness, social dysfunction. Participation in the group brings tremendous benefits; it is usually a bad idea to opt out no matter how 'strong' you are.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    Omegas are actually the Untouchables. At least in animal ethology. They are the lowest of the low.

You are using the reclassification that humans use.

I agree that the 'loner' is occasionally a loner by choice. But more often this is a pose intended to cover a weakness, social dysfunction. Participation in the group brings tremendous benefits; it is usually a bad idea to opt out no matter how 'strong' you are.

Some people argue it's all bad to even compare wolves to humans, especially since male alpha wolves actually show great responsibility to the pack, to the females and pups.

I was just trying to think of the term for the person who just is a loner, or lone wolf. My bad.