User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by st-t-toat View Post
    fear not green fairy for st-t-toats also know ... that absinthe makes the heart grow fonder;

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    ... the Terror of the Wild Wood!

oh! my dear Mole, i had no idea! i am truly sorry!

from whence does this deep personal dread of yours really spring?

pray, let us to administer some balm, each in our own unique way ...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie Muller View Post
    Then is an alpha female determined purely by how successful she is with men?
    Yes.

I should clarify: an alpha is not defined by how many sexual partners he/she has. They are defined by their ability to choose them, where and when they want to. Another proviso is fertility; if you can't pass on your genes you cannot be an alpha. Perpetrating your legacy, y'know

What makes a woman an alpha is a bit different than what makes a man one, because the traits most highly valued in females are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Yes.

I should clarify: an alpha is not defined by how many sexual partners he/she has. They are defined by their ability to choose them, where and when they want to. Another proviso is fertility; if you can't pass on your genes you cannot be an alpha. Perpetrating your legacy, y'know

What makes a woman an alpha is a bit different than what makes a man one, because the traits most highly valued in females are not the same.
    Query: Are there any gay alphas?

Default The Leader of the Pack

An Alpha is the leader of the pack.

There is no Alpha without the pack.

And there is no pack without the pack mentality.

So it is social psychology that determines an Alpha.

Meet the Leader of the Pack by clicking on Marlon Brando ~ The Wild One(1953) - YouTube

And see the Leader of the Pack put to the test in meeting another Leader of Another Pack by clicking on Fight from THE WILD ONE (1953) - YouTube
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    An Alpha is the leader of the pack.

There is no Alpha without the pack.

And there is no pack without the pack mentality.

So it is social psychology that determines an Alpha.

Meet the Leader of the Pack by clicking on Marlon Brando ~ The Wild One(1953) - YouTube

And see the Leader of the Pack put to the test in meeting another Leader of Another Pack by clicking on Fight from THE WILD ONE (1953) - YouTube
    And without any followers, a true leader is an individualist.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't think you have an accurate understanding of what an alpha male is. an alpha male is someone who is a leader, who has authority and whom people are naturally inclined to follow. you are describing a narcissistic, cock slinging, frat boy-ish douche who wants attention and validation and gets pissed off when people don't kiss his ass (likely an unhealthy 2, 6 or 7).
    If guys are scared of this bro bra, then in that moment, he is the alpha male.

Perhaps the next day he is wearing a hair net stirring cilantro at the salsa factory.

If we're talking about the longview here, Bill Gates, even in his "prime" haha, would have gotten his ass flattened by probably any random other guy in the street. However, someone like him would never forget that. And the guy would probably be stuffed into a barrel by now. Gates for the win.

To be alpha, firstly, I think you need to be able to handle yourself in a fight. The prison system social structure, and in many 3rd world countries, and apparently Detroit High School (according to my buddy from there, haha), revolves totally around physical power and violence.

But that's a prereq. You also should be able to verbally defend and slice and dice. Fat pockets is up there. Money may or may not have something to do with happiness but in this world it IS power.

Do you have all that and the ladies still run away from you in disgust? Sorry, still not there.

I mean, our society isn't tribal anymore, which is it's natural state, so it difficult to say "He's Alpha" Maybe today.

I DO think many men (and women) have it inherently or have earned it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Agreed. In the situation i mentioned one is from outside of the alphas tribe and the alpha from one tribe is unable to gain authority over this other person who instead of submitting to alphas authority(what ever the way he gets the authority), just treats the alpha as a fool for even trying.
    Duuuhhh, wait. If this guy is so alpha, how is the nonsubmitting "alpha" getting away with it, laughing at him condescendingly because he is clearly a fool? Is he a ninja?

I mean it sounds like you're talking about a guy making fun of a much larger guy at a bar perhaps? I mean this stuff is all situational. I'm partially having trouble visualizing this. I wouldn't back down from some d-bag, but I'm also not going to try to fight some bionic cyborg. In that situation, I woulda been out-alpha'd.

So the question really is on whether someone of another group of people(regardless if he is the alpha of his own group of friends class or whatever or not) is able to make an alpha of another group to be "under him" between the two people. Which one is the bigger "alpha"?
    One tribe's Alpha is another tribe's Beta.

Yea, but the question is if the alpha is not able to command someone, someone who just looks down on him and ignores the alphas attempts to show physical power or stuff like that and is not afraid of the alpha in any way
    So far, your Alpha sounds like a weakling. OR maybe he doesn't give a shit. A common Alpha trait. "Don't give a fuck about no Hater."

But a true Alpha isn't going to sit there and be disrespected. True power also doesn't look like a jackass with something to prove.

And violence, or the capacity for it, is a much bigger part of this equation then I've been reading (but by NO means the only part, or even biggest). How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?

: D
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Query: Are there any gay alphas?
    Stupid question.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Stupid question.
    Kind of.

If I hadn't been around long enough, I'd think gay men were too effeminate and "push overs."

But I've since met plenty of badass Alpha gay dudes. Couple blackbelts, and one Marine, stand out right now.

2 Alphas,

Primal Alpha + Civilized, High Social Status Alpha = Uber Alpha.

Pa-lenty of real life and fictionals to choose from. But for now, let's say Batman and James Bond.

More or less, Batman uses violence only when necessary and rarely kills (if we're talking about the traditional character). All the goons he fights are examples of pure primal alpha, which in the grand scheme, is pretty pathetic. Bruce Wayne is super rich, suave, highly intelligent and charming (come to think of it, his superpower really is just being super rich, private schooling and whatnot).

James Bond, again, kills when he has to, but he has to a lot. And he'll get the job done anyway he can. Shoot his way out, talk his way out, MAcGyver some shit. But he knows how to turn his inner ape off.

Basically in touch with both your inner animal and your evolving, higher self.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@johnnyyukon
    If I hadn't been around long enough, I'd think gay men were too effeminate and "push overs."
    But I've since met plenty of badass Alpha gay dudes. Couple blackbelts, and one Marine, stand out right now.
    there has never been a better to to mention:
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire