User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Beats me.

... the closest thing that came to mind to me was the "sweepstakes" thing, where a company has to allow people to enter sweepstakes without buying their product. It's not quite the same, but it does suggest a kind of "level playing field" where prizes and discounts are given. I mean, what's to stop the restaurant from giving black people discounts, or women discounts... or, to reverse engineer it, charging higher prices to whites or men?

But then again, some places give AARP discounts (for age), so...

.... again,

I just think it's dumb because I'm not sure what they're trying to promote, and because one can simply game the system so it promotes nothing at all.
    I mean, under the table people do that all that time (giving stupider people higher costs because they don't know how to haggle, etc.) but I think there is something showing clear, distinct discrimination in charging people more vs coupons and discounts. Maybe they should have just said, 'well, if you're atheist, you have to tell someone something nice to get a discount.' Or something. I dunno, I just don't see the fuss.. ladies nights were getting bitched about a while back I remember, and it seemed fine to me. Men liked it, women liked it, and more people got to go. I feel like these battles are just there to tear down things that don't have consequences AND are well intended.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    probably not cuz they'd have to give a discount to anyone who was gonna die young. though i'd argue if you get diagnosed with cancer and giving 6 months to live you should get an aarp card since you are at the end of your life.
    When I worked at Golden Corral we had a lady with a stomach issue with a card from her doctor saying she could only eat a toddler's portion of meals at a time. Nothing bigger than a kids meal could be ordered.. I made sure to tell her every time she came through the restaurant to get me as her cashier because the store wouldn't allow her to order a kid's buffet even though she couldn't eat an adult's buffet. So I just did it when the manager wasn't looking each time.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I mean, under the table people do that all that time (giving stupider people higher costs because they don't know how to haggle, etc.) but I think there is something showing clear, distinct discrimination in charging people more vs coupons and discounts. Maybe they should have just said, 'well, if you're atheist, you have to tell someone something nice to get a discount.' Or something. I dunno, I just don't see the fuss.. ladies nights were getting bitched about a while back I remember, and it seemed fine to me. Men liked it, women liked it, and more people got to go. I feel like these battles are just there to tear down things that don't have consequences AND are well intended.

When I worked at Golden Corral we had a lady with a stomach issue with a card from her doctor saying she could only eat a toddler's portion of meals at a time. Nothing bigger than a kids meal could be ordered.. I made sure to tell her every time she came through the restaurant to get me as her cashier because the store wouldn't allow her to order a kid's buffet even though she couldn't eat an adult's buffet. So I just did it when the manager wasn't looking each time.
    yeah i usually eat about the amount of a kids portion at a time but i always have to buy the adult portion knowing i'm not going to finish it. why can't i buy the kids portion? and if i'm still hungry (which is extremely rare) i'll buy another. and the few times i ate more than a 3rd of the meal i would be puking an hour later because i don't eat a lot at a time so i feel extremely sick if i force myself to eat a lot
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah i usually eat about the amount of a kids portion at a time but i always have to buy the adult portion knowing i'm not going to finish it. why can't i buy the kids portion? and if i'm still hungry (which is extremely rare) i'll buy another.
    I'm notorious for getting kids meals at fast food restaurants.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I'm notorious for getting kids meals at fast food restaurants.
    yeah I've been known to give half my food away when i eat out. one time I re tried salmon and figured i still hate it. this was at my house so it's not like it was the only thing i hate to eat. I took a bite ended up giving it to my uncle. so gross. eveyone was saying how amazing the salmon was so i was like hmmm might aswell

you know the scene in doctor who when matt smith first becomes the doctor and is trying all these foood combinations. lets just say i relate immensly.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

How odd.

I have been in some seriously religious countries and have never experienced something like this before.

A prayer discount. That ranks among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of. The FFRF seems to be a bunch of dickheads.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

No problem with the restaurant's decision to offer the discount and then to pull it. Business owners should be allowed to run their business as they see fit. The bigger problem I see is the litigious nature of society today. The owner was basically bullied into reversing his decision. Enact "loser-pays" legislation and such instances of mob rule will diminish.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    A prayer discount. That ranks among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of. The FFRF seems to be a bunch of dickheads.
    Heh, I completely agree with this statement.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

That sounds pretty greedy on the part of the management. Although I can see the argument being raised that she could just get an adult one and eat a smaller portion of it.

But good on you anyhow.

And the prayer discount just makes me laugh and laugh. Perhaps a discount for looking like you are in deep thought?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That sounds pretty greedy on the part of the management. Although I can see the argument being raised that she could just get an adult one and eat a smaller portion of it.

But good on you anyhow.

And the prayer discount just makes me laugh and laugh. Perhaps a discount for looking like you are in deep thought?
    Lol. The Socratic Discount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    No problem with the restaurant's decision to offer the discount and then to pull it. Business owners should be allowed to run their business as they see fit. The bigger problem I see is the litigious nature of society today. The owner was basically bullied into reversing his decision. Enact "loser-pays" legislation and such instances of mob rule will diminish.
    Agreed.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan