User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. #21
    Senior Member wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    dude, it's not that complicated. you got spiritually attacked because you told God you didn't need his help. saying that opened a door for the enemy to attack you. we always need God's help. pride (i.e. leaning on your own strength & understanding) is one of the biggest things we can do to offend God. read john 15. i really doubt God left you. he doesn't take a hike just because we make a mistake. we all make mistakes. he is a God of grace but that doesn't mean he doesn't discipline us or even allow the natural consequences of our actions to affect us. he allowed you to get spiritually attacked because that is what happens when we do something to give the enemy an opening/foothold into our lives.

    who knows maybe he allowed this experience because he wants you to learn more about the spiritual realm. if you want to read a good book check out christianity with power: your worldview and your experience of the supernatural by charles kraft. when kraft, a seminary prof, was in africa as a missionary he found that the africans would start following jesus but then go back to their witchdoctors because the christians didn't have any remedy or power to deal with their illnesses or the evil spirits they were being attacked by. so, kraft started on a slow journey of being an intellectual learning about the spiritual realm and how that works in the christian faith. when he started practicing what goes on in the gospels the africans no longer had to turn to the witchdoctors for help because they now saw people get healed of diseases and freed from evil spirits. if you want something a bit simpler try power evangelism by john wimber who headed up the vineyard churches.

    personally, i wouldn't expect on this particular forum (philosophy & spirituality), let alone this site, to get much good advice on anything related to the christian walk. seriously.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    dude, it's not that complicated. you got spiritually attacked because you told God you didn't need his help. saying that opened a door for the enemy to attack you. we always need God's help. pride (i.e. leaning on your own strength & understanding) is one of the biggest things we can do to offend God. read john 15. i really doubt God left you. he doesn't take a hike just because we make a mistake. we all make mistakes. he is a God of grace but that doesn't mean he doesn't discipline us or even allow the natural consequences of our actions to affect us. he allowed you to get spiritually attacked because that is what happens when we do something to give the enemy an opening/foothold into our lives.

    who knows maybe he allowed this experience because he wants you to learn more about the spiritual realm. if you want to read a good book check out christianity with power: your worldview and your experience of the supernatural by charles kraft. when kraft, a seminary prof, was in africa as a missionary he found that the africans would start following jesus but then go back to their witchdoctors because the christians didn't have any remedy or power to deal with their illnesses or the evil spirits they were being attacked by. so, kraft started on a slow journey of being an intellectual learning about the spiritual realm and how that works in the christian faith. when he started practicing what goes on in the gospels the africans no longer had to turn to the witchdoctors for help because they now saw people get healed of diseases and freed from evil spirits. if you want something a bit simpler try power evangelism by john wimber who headed up the vineyard churches.

    personally, i wouldn't expect on this particular forum (philosophy & spirituality), let alone this site, to get much good advice on anything related to the christian walk. seriously.
    Youre right about not getting anywhere from this forum. That book sounds very interesting. I find myself to be WAY more in tune with the spiritual realm than a lot lf christians who just tend to go through the motions.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    So, the other day I was just following my impulses as they one after another saved my life. After 5 days my RV and my Jeep were fixed and consolidated into one location in the middle of the rocky mountains.

    Toward the very end as my journey came to a close, i said to god, "Ok god, i got it from here."

    From that moment onward a terrible guilt took hold of me and started growing stronger and stronger until it became absolute despair.

    It was possibly the worst thing I experienced ever. I started breathing heavy and just freaking out, and I had to pray to god for forgiveness to get it to stop. Shortly after the bus came and I was on my way.

    Anyway, at the time I interpreted it as something god sent and completely dreadful.I interpreted it as god saying, "You will become the happy, healthy, enlightened person i want you to become. If you don't, you will suffer!" And then my emotions flipped inside out and started chewing a hole in me. For the rest of the day I felt like a beaten dog and didn't want to be a christian anymore. I wondered what kind of a god i was worshipping.

    I've been told that god's wrath burns us when we sin, and I've been told that satan was permited to attempt to draw me away from god.

    It felt like I was a slave to an abusive narcissist. Do as I say or else you get the fire!

    Thoughts? What was this experience? Are there any bible verses that talk about satan causeing absolute despair in people as a means to sway them from god?
    God's love for you and me is based completely on Him and His promises and work; not ours. (See John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8.)

    The conscience, which calls for punishment when we fail [or sin], has in truth been silenced by the blood of the Lamb of God (Jesus), who was punished and judged in our place. (See Hebrews 10:2.)

    No matter how many mistakes you make, God has unconditional love for you. He is always with you and always for you. God hears your prayers; sometimes they may take a while to answer, sometimes the answer is 'no', but realize God does have your best interest at heart, and he works all things together for your good. (See Romans 8:28.)

    God's grace and peace to you.

  4. #24
    is indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    It felt like I was a slave to an abusive narcissist.
    It is stunning how close you were to the truth.

  5. #25

    Default

    Years ago a fellow member, sister, and best friend in Christ posted this here at TC and it touched me. It helped me see things I was missing...

    God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
    Our sins separate us from God. (Genesis 3)
    Sins cannot be removed by good deeds. (Genesis 4 - Malachi 4)
    Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew - Luke)
    Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life. (John)
    Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever. (Acts - Revelation)


  6. #26
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
    Our sins separate us from God. (Genesis 3)
    Epic fail.

Similar Threads

  1. Hologram theory and the existence of fate and/or God
    By Valiant in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 08:05 AM
  2. I hate it when people do this. ENTP or ENFP?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
  3. where does Types come from? is it really a 'mystery' or 'God-given' ?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
  4. is this INTJ or INTP?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO