• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to deal with desire and ambition?

ygolo

My termites win
Pursuing dreams and passions have always lead me to significant heartache. But trying to quell them lead me to feeling dead inside?

What to do?

How can one become satisfied with just being alive? What is the difference between this and complacency?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't quit after a loss. Stay hungry, be patient, and don't wait for your goals to happen, work towards them, create situations where they become more possible. We are our dreams, when we give up on them, we've given up on ourselves.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recently had the epipbany that the head ache stems fromconflicting false beliefs which cause self sabotage.

In essence, you punish yourself for your drive because you have been taught youre either unworthy of those ambitions which make you look ridiculous or incompetent while striving to get there or that tve ambitions themselves are somehow the wrong thing to pursue.

Until you resolve which beliefs are the ones that matter to you and actively remove the dead, festering wood, they ll continue to keep you trapped and rob you of the strenght and resolve needed to focus and do the work.

Kill the Inner Judge and you ll kill the head ache that steals your drive.

Know your purpose and settle that internal conflict once and for all.
For me, it helps to know how it came to be, what i get out of the self sabotage, and if that is worth what im unconsciously sacrificing now.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've had all different kind of things not work out for me, and I just figured out a different road to get where I wanted to.

Your dreams are too important to let the closing of one road keep you from them.

Find your own road.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Pursuing dreams and passions have always lead me to significant heartache. But trying to quell them lead me to feeling dead inside?

What to do?

How can one become satisfied with just being alive? What is the difference between this and complacency?
The unreasonable belief that you will endure, grow and learn. That your steps will erode today's insurmontable peaks into gentle valleys tomorrow.
The simple acceptance that when one falls the only way is back up.
The crazy, convention denying, rational belief that by trying again and again and again and again you will succeed, be it by skill or sheer luck.

Lastly: The acceptance that the only person you can control is yourself. The understanding of the power and responsibility that comes with being master of your fate.

gromit

likes this
all life is conditioned to perpetuate itself from the universal will - Pratītyasamutpāda.

some comprehend this principle innately, and i believe it causes grief to be away from such a force. it is like throwing your achievements at the face of a mountain.

I only ask bc I personally find it incredibly satisfying to decide I want to do something or make some sort of change, and then to do it. Even the process of working towards it is satisfying. And overcoming setbacks and that sort of thing.

Doesn't mean you can't appreciate what you have right now though.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
all life is conditioned to perpetuate itself from the universal will - Pratītyasamutpāda.

some comprehend this principle innately, and i believe it causes grief to be away from such a force. it is like throwing your achievements at the face of a mountain.
Jaden Smith has escaped!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Because souls are real, ergo sum. The eyes are the reflection of the soul, therefore mirrors are soulful and eyes are real

:popc1:

Yes my ti is hitting me for crime of broken logic

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I only ask bc I personally find it incredibly satisfying to decide I want to do something or make some sort of change, and then to do it. Even the process of working towards it is satisfying. And overcoming setbacks and that sort of thing.

Doesn't mean you can't appreciate what you have right now though.

Existence is ours to endure, yes. Plateaus worthy of strife exist to be wrought, as even Buddha strove for Nirvana. Philosophies and science should exist to maximize the conditions by which all are brought into being, "on the backs of the bruised".

Though, there is only one path to a satisfaction irrespective and timeless. This is what ygolo seems to be reaching for.

Chthonic

One is never satisfied with just being alive. Inevitably there is the urge to be more. Following my dreams has led me into crapiness more times than not. I consider myself a lemming and just keep following my dreams believing against all reason, logic and rationality that at some point in time it's going to pay off. It did pay off once and that is enough to convince me it will happen again no matter how many times it doesn't. Succeeding isn't what makes us happy, refusing to settle is what buoys the soul.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What to do?

Pursue your dreams and passions anyway. But don't do it with blinders on or you might miss seeing new dreams and passions of which you weren't aware, and which might turn out to be more satisfying than your original ones. Heartache can't be eliminated from life, so try to accept it instead. It propels you forward, keeps you moving.