User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to deal with desire and ambition?

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
    Because souls are real, ergo sum. The eyes are the reflection of the soul, therefore mirrors are soulful and eyes are real

Yes my ti is hitting me for crime of broken logic
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I only ask bc I personally find it incredibly satisfying to decide I want to do something or make some sort of change, and then to do it. Even the process of working towards it is satisfying. And overcoming setbacks and that sort of thing.

Doesn't mean you can't appreciate what you have right now though.
    Existence is ours to endure, yes. Plateaus worthy of strife exist to be wrought, as even Buddha strove for Nirvana. Philosophies and science should exist to maximize the conditions by which all are brought into being, "on the backs of the bruised".

Though, there is only one path to a satisfaction irrespective and timeless. This is what ygolo seems to be reaching for.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    How can one become satisfied with just being alive? What is the difference between this and complacency?
    One is never satisfied with just being alive. Inevitably there is the urge to be more. Following my dreams has led me into crapiness more times than not. I consider myself a lemming and just keep following my dreams believing against all reason, logic and rationality that at some point in time it's going to pay off. It did pay off once and that is enough to convince me it will happen again no matter how many times it doesn't. Succeeding isn't what makes us happy, refusing to settle is what buoys the soul.

4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Pursuing dreams and passions have always lead me to significant heartache. But trying to quell them lead me to feeling dead inside?

What to do?
    Pursue your dreams and passions anyway. But don't do it with blinders on or you might miss seeing new dreams and passions of which you weren't aware, and which might turn out to be more satisfying than your original ones. Heartache can't be eliminated from life, so try to accept it instead. It propels you forward, keeps you moving.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga