User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    I live the Christ-like life and have the same ideals as the poor man himself, so no worries. There is a difference between Christ-like and bible belt christian
    i agree there is a difference between being christ-like and a bible belt christian. the latter kind of scare me. it's great that you want to help street people. i wish you well with your endeavors!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lol I'm a kid. My goal is to bring them to a group of people that care for them (Christian Community) if they are interested in the offer. Therefore I would say that my end-goal is a friend/support network.
    haha, okay. I thought you were older. But you're actually basically "within the peer group"?

So what specifically does the group offer? Are there specific activities? Do you guys actually do worship things and retreats and stuff, or do you have a band come in (or maybe organize one among yourselves and the other kids)? Usually there has to be some kind of drawing points to provide a hub of community so that when people do have problems, they have a group to fall back on. Common activities of interest provide some kind of cohesion.

I know you mentioned "street kids" but what's the demographic? How common is violence? Are parents around much? What's the income level? Etc. Just curious.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    haha, okay. I thought you were older. But you're actually basically "within the peer group"?

So what specifically does the group offer? Are there specific activities? Do you guys actually do worship things and retreats and stuff, or do you have a band come in (or maybe organize one among yourselves and the other kids)? Usually there has to be some kind of drawing points to provide a hub of community so that when people do have problems, they have a group to fall back on. Common activities of interest provide some kind of cohesion.

I know you mentioned "street kids" but what's the demographic? How common is violence? Are parents around much? What's the income level? Etc. Just curious.
    Why would they need to find us when we can find them. I'm Confused with what you are asking,"I know you mentioned "street kids" but what's the demographic? How common is violence? Are parents around much? What's the income level?
    Etc. Just curious."

Prostitutes, Drug Dealers, Druggies, Homeless, etc.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why would they need to find us when we can find them. I'm Confused with what you are asking,"I know you mentioned "street kids" but what's the demographic? How common is violence? Are parents around much? What's the income level?
    Etc. Just curious."

Prostitutes, Drug Dealers, Druggies, Homeless, etc.
    I wasn't really sure of the demographic, but you clarified it for me. Do you guys provide any food and housing for them?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wasn't really sure of the demographic, but you clarified it for me. Do you guys provide any food and housing for them?
    We haven't talked about the specifics yet, but my goal is to help provide them with the necessities for survival.

Just out of curiosity how old did you think I was?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Instead of the typical giving out pamphlets, Bibles and telling them about the resurrection. Our goal is to befriend them take them out for beer/coffee or for food talk to them/get to know them and be there for them through exchanging numbers, e-mails, where we can find them etc.
    Sounds unusual. My church has what are called "life groups."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Fill me in

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Fill me in
    its like a youthgroup but for people who are 26-30 years old. just bible study groups etc.

its like a youthgroup but for people who are 26-30 years old. just bible study groups etc.
    Outreach/social justice/ministry vs discipleship

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@OptoGypsy What you are doing sounds pretty awesome, though I do think some of the questions that have been asked are valid. I only have a little experience with what you are talking about, I've volunteered in Youth Ministry for 3 years and done simmilar-ish outreach on serving trips to inner city areas-- mostly sitting across tables from the marginalized, having conversation and sharing stories. In general, it's important to let the Spirit lead (not have too many concrete expectations or try to control the situation) but I do think the best ministries are intentional about planning to some extent. It's great that this program will (it sounds like) be a leg of the Youth Ministry, that gives you guys a jumping off point and people with experience to check in with and get direction from. I think Christ really called all of his followers to be on this kind of mission daily, even with random people we pass on the street, sit next to at school/work, etc. It's a call to actually see people and value them the way God does. I guess my only insight would be to keep that in mind, that we're called to treat everyone that way, not just the druggies and prostitutes (as you put it). We're all hurt, if in different ways.

It sounds like you have a heart for people, that's really cool.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨