User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Haha, no wasn't telling you anything about your statement. It's just funny how lately you hear stories on the news for women who get butt augmentations.

I was simply voicing my personal statement that although 'large, rrrrrround asses' might be in, they just don't do it for me. I guess Sir Mixalot wouldn't be down with me. lol
    Okies. You'll have to excuse me... I'm feeling awfully reactive today.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Okies. You'll have to excuse me... I'm feeling awfully reactive today.
    lol

If only you could see me sometimes. I'll respond to someone's post, thinking they're attacking me and totally shoot something mean at 'em, then realize "oh wait... i misread their post... SHIT!!!" and then I'm in lightning-fast-delete mode!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Why do you need a meaning, just live it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers Superstar View Post
    Precisely.

ThatGirl

Yeah superficially everyone wants a big ass but when it comes down to it its all pelvic bones and bruises....*sigh* I wish JLo was still cool...

Why does someone need meaning? Because identification is the first step of resolution. I was never good with things like "because I said so"

MBTI
    INFJ

A sense of meaning can provide direction and guidance in making tough choices. It is very, very easy to lose one's way w/o some sort of inner compass...happens all the time. It may be called "meaning" or something else, but having this sense can play a big role in the story arc of one's life.

However, if one is looking for "the" meaning...yes, it's out there, too, but one has to discover this for onesself. As has been said, "Those who know cannot say and those who say do not know." Why all the mystery? Because to grasp this one has to hold on to no less than thirty principles all at the same time and at least half of these are complete paradoxes. The real meaning of life is not simplistic. It is also not a matter of personal design....we become changed by it, not visa versa...one has to leave one's ego at the door.

MBTI
    INTJ

the only truth is destruction

the only purpose is desolation
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    the only truth is destruction

the only purpose is desolation
    Perhaps in some way....often one must suffer a form of destruction (at least of our assumptions) before we find what is real....to know (truth) by unknowing (our illusions).

In the end, though, you can probably sum up all the writings of mystics throughout time and every tradition with the phrase, "All is well." I think their voice is a trustworthy one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by gokartride View Post
    A sense of meaning can provide direction and guidance in making tough choices. It is very, very easy to lose one's way w/o some sort of inner compass...happens all the time. It may be called "meaning" or something else, but having this sense can play a big role in the story arc of one's life.

However, if one is looking for "the" meaning...yes, it's out there, too, but one has to discover this for onesself. As has been said, "Those who know cannot say and those who say do not know." Why all the mystery? Because to grasp this one has to hold on to no less than thirty principles all at the same time and at least half of these are complete paradoxes. The real meaning of life is not simplistic. It is also not a matter of personal design....we become changed by it, not visa versa...one has to leave one's ego at the door.
    The advice you give is very new ageie... doesn't really work when your back is against the wall, or when reality bites hard.

Tapping into what you desire, what you read, what you've experienced will give you guidance.

Even bad choices in life will be rewarding, even doing a bad thing will teach you something. But then good and bad is relative.

Holding on to principles will just limit what you can fully experience.

Then at the end you will become the sum of all you are, and meaning will come.

MBTI
    INFJ

The advice you give is very new ageie... doesn't really work when your back is against the wall, or when reality bites hard.
    Ah, but that is where it works best!!!!! "The" meaning is everything you'd expect it to be...complex, nuanced, all-encompassing, huge...and shows it's true "stuff" in the worst of times. I have seen this myself....as I said, it is not simplistic. It is shockingly bulletproof, and impressive when you see principles (that may initially seem theoretical) put through the furnace in the most difficult times imaginable.

The only reason I mention it at all is because people in our cynical age don't even believe it exists, and so never even seek it. There is not much I can add to the INFJ discussions...but I can give what little I have.