User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Honestly I don't think that the "meaning of Life" is all that difficult of a question...at least not when taken into the context of an even more important question...

"What is the Purpose of Existence?"

Under this notion all we simply say about living versus non-living is that it's merely a function of the evolution of nature and the rules bounded by this universe and it is then "existence" itself which we must question the purpose of. What the purpose is of having this collection of consciousnesses (both living and non-living ego's) under these set of natural laws?

Why these rules? Why individual ego's? and even if we broke these limitations we are still bound by, the question not just for living but non-living still remains...what is the reason for existence itself?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Your purpose in life is to be the person you were meant to be.
    Very true....and as part of this the purpose of life ultimately is about "connection." There, now you know. Now connection to what and the nature of that connection....ah, that is the stuff for mystics. And as Ilah said....you have to find your way to that for yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Your purpose in life is to be the person you were meant to be.

This means:

Be yourself. Don't let anybody try to change you. Don't try to be like other people.
    Be the best "you" you can be. Develop your own strenghts and potential. Work with your type - whether it is personality type or body type - not against it.

So be happy with your natural body type. If you are a naturally curvy type, accept this as your body type. You can still work to get your body to reach it's full potential - which may or may not result in a smaller butt. Reaching your body's full potential is more about strenght, flexiblity, endurance and health than what size or shape you end up.

Ilah
    And if you have the urge to change your body type?

Isn't denying your urges towards self change denying yourself?

The valuing of a body according to it's flexibility and strength is outdated. We have no more real need for such things, the purpose of the body in our modern society is sex.

Self acceptance is not the same as self realization.

Saying the purpose of life is to be yourself is an entirely pointless statement, because no matter what you do you're being yourself.

If my purpose in life is simply to be myself then I could commit suicide at this very moment and be living to the utmost of my potential.

That being said, I can't disagree with your statement, since it is essentially a restating of the question.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Saying the purpose of life is to be yourself is an entirely pointless statement, because no matter what you do you're being yourself.
    Not so!! Never underestimate illusion...it is all around us and most of us live up to our chins in it. I think of this in term of becoming the self we are created to be...and that involves life...growing, questioning, exploring, conversion. It is very, very real and is a big part of what being human is truly all about...it carries rewards that are rich and unique. If one wants to bury their head in the sand and lament our existance fine...but there is most definitely another way.

MBTI
    INxJ

Meaning of life is to live.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Meaning of life is to live.
    Hmmmm....yeah, I guess we could have just looked it up!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Back to the real topic...

Get with the times, girlfriend! Large, rrrrrround asses are in!

And don't even tell me that's not hot. If I were a heterosexual man, or a lesbian, Beyonce would be my meaning of life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Beyonce is definitely not my meaning in life.

edit: and for the record, I am a heterosexual male.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Beyonce is definitely not my meaning in life.

edit: and for the record, I am a heterosexual male.

Are you telling me my statement was incorrect because it's not correct for you? ...cause that's incorrect.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Are you telling me my statement was incorrect because it's not correct for you? ...cause that's incorrect.
    Haha, no wasn't telling you anything about your statement. It's just funny how lately you hear stories on the news for women who get butt augmentations.

I was simply voicing my personal statement that although 'large, rrrrrround asses' might be in, they just don't do it for me. I guess Sir Mixalot wouldn't be down with me. lol