• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The most Atheist Atheist.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sadly, this is true. What is even sadder is that people will cling to their predigested notion of ''truth'' to their graves. We live in a technologically advanced world. It is time to put childish things such as religion aside before we seriously hurt ourselves.

The Abrahamic religions are some of the worst at wanting to hurt others.

This in no way disowns spirituality, though.

Hey Q. One of the reasons I started this thread is to hint at, to show, that ideology does not stop where religion stops. In fact, it never stops, the best we can be aware of is what ideologies we bolster and what effects they have on the world and others. This is difficult because ideology, God flavored or not is built for you to not be aware of it.

The main way it does that is to appoint someone to vilify as a distraction and put everything bad into them: Jews, Christians, liberal Athiests, Americans.

Hmm I wonder who around here is attempting to push their own ideology as if it were Fetch. Can anyone spot him?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey Q. One of the reasons I started this thread is to hint at, to show, that ideology does not stop where religion stops. In fact, it never stops, the best we can be aware of is what ideologies we bolster and what effects they have on the world and others. This is difficult because ideology, God flavored or not is built for you to not be aware of it.

The main way it does that is to appoint someone to vilify as a distraction and put everything bad into them: Jews, Christians, liberal Athiests, Americans.

Hmm I wonder who around here is attempting to push their own ideology as if it were Fetch. Can anyone spot him?

Objectively, there is no meaning. Based on this, every moral system we create will be based on an arbitrary ideology.

To maintain order, we need rules.
First, do no harm.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Objectively, there is no meaning. Based on this, every moral system we create will be based on an arbitrary ideology.

First, do no harm.

It's not completely arbitrary. People have very real and objective needs, those needs do change with technological and environmental changes. How we live and how we think are effected by that. I see the importance of being able to identify ideology is gaining the ability to be as much as an individual as you can be, to be able to gain understanding, and promote it and be able to effect your surroundings. It's about personal power.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not completely arbitrary. People have very real and objective needs, those needs do change with technological and environmental changes. How we live and how we think are effected by that. I see the importance of being able to identify ideology is gaining the ability to be as much as an individual as you can be, to be able to gain understanding, and promote it and be able to effect your surroundings. It's about personal power.

Finally, a common core.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the 'anti-atheist,' just believing is not enough, it's necessary to be saved.

There is beauty in hammering down truth, unless said truth is full of lies.
[MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]
and myself learned that the painful, scarring way.

Mole

Permabanned

First, do no harm.

Actually, we are meaning creating animals. And since the European Enlightenment of the 17th and 18th centuries we have learnt to distinguish between mysticism and fact using evidence and reason.

Ideology is -

1. predigested thought
2. serves interests
3. and has a demonology.

Whereas fact is verifiable by one and all because it is reproducible.

Ideology is meant to persuade while fact is objective.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He is a good man with very good ideas. I wouldn't be so quick to call him a ''shit head.''

What made you think that my view of him comes from some quick assessment? I have watched around 4-6 hours of his debates against religion and he has this documentary series that i have also watched some episodes of.

Do you agree for example that childrens stories that arent realistic should be banned because they only fuck up childrens heads and cause them to be irrational as adults? I think he used the kissing of a frog that then will turn into a prince as an example and went to great lengths to tell why stories like this are harmful. Ofc being a retard that he is, he totally missed the point of the story which teaches the kids that even tho someone might not be the most attractive person in the world, if you kiss him/her you just might end up with the person of your dreams.

That guy is similarly deranged as ayn rand is with her objectivism view on life, but its easy to see the similarity between the two as they are(or in ayns case were) both INTJs with some serious complexes that drive them toward on their goals.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This forms the basis of anti-semitism, for almost 2,000 years, right up to and including he holocaust, first Jesus destroys Judaic ideology, then the we destroy the Jews.

The idea of a "new covenant"(with God destroying the old covenant) is not at the hart of anti-semitism.

Anti-semitism is rooted in the belief that the Jews "killed Christ".

Mole

Permabanned
The idea of a "new covenant"(with God destroying the old covenant) is not at the hart of anti-semitism.

Anti-semitism is rooted in the belief that the Jews "killed Christ".

It is the Bible itself, the very word of God, that tells us that the Jews killed Christ, and so became outcasts and deicides. The Bible tells us the Jews told Pontius Pilate, let the blood of Jesus be upon us and upon our children. The Bible curses the children of the Jews.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What made you think that my view of him comes from some quick assessment? I have watched around 4-6 hours of his debates against religion and he has this documentary series that i have also watched some episodes of.

Do you agree for example that childrens stories that arent realistic should be banned because they only fuck up childrens heads and cause them to be irrational as adults? I think he used the kissing of a frog that then will turn into a prince as an example and went to great lengths to tell why stories like this are harmful. Ofc being a retard that he is, he totally missed the point of the story which teaches the kids that even tho someone might not be the most attractive person in the world, if you kiss him/her you just might end up with the person of your dreams.

That guy is similarly deranged as ayn rand is with her objectivism view on life, but its easy to see the similarity between the two as they are(or in ayns case were) both INTJs with some serious complexes that drive them toward on their goals.

I will agree that fantastic tales should be emphatically taught as vague, symbolic lessons that should not be taken literally. I personally find banning literature a bad move as it limits the scope of thought. Also, some fantasy does a child's mind good, if used responsibly.

Dawkins definately goes too far on that point, but his support of science is what I find admirable.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is the Bible itself, the very word of God, that tells us that the Jews killed Christ, and so became outcasts and deicides. The Bible tells us the Jews told Pontius Pilate, let the blood of Jesus be upon us and upon our children. The Bible curses the children of the Jews.

Yes, it does.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, we are meaning creating animals. And since the European Enlightenment of the 17th and 18th centuries we have learnt to distinguish between mysticism and fact using evidence and reason.

Ideology is -

1. predigested thought
2. serves interests
3. and has a demonology.

Whereas fact is verifiable by one and all because it is reproducible.

Ideology is meant to persuade while fact is objective.

While what you said is true, it still doesn't point to moral right and moral wrong...only rephrases my statement more eloquently, really.

Mole

Permabanned
While what you said is true, it still doesn't point to moral right and moral wrong...only rephrases my statement more eloquently, really.

If the distinction right/wrong, or morally right/morally wrong, are meaningless, then we are saying meaning is meaningless.

But we are meaning creating animals, who perceive by making distinctions.

So meaning has enabled us to survive and thrive for 200,000 years.

You are seeking to abolish the distinction and so meaning, I wonder why.

Perhaps if you accept we create meaning, you would have to accept the God is not necessary to create meaning, and that a meaningful life is possible without God.

On the other hand you may be experiencing teenage angst and flirting with nihilism.

Who knows?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If the distinction right/wrong, or morally right/morally wrong, are meaningless, then we are saying meaning is meaningless.

But we are meaning creating animals, who perceive by making distinctions.

So meaning has enabled us to survive and thrive for 200,000 years.

You are seeking to abolish the distinction and so meaning, I wonder why.

Perhaps if you accept we create meaning, you would have to accept the God is not necessary to create meaning, and that a meaningful life is possible without God.

On the other hand you may be experiencing teenage angst and flirting with nihilism.

Who knows?

What I see is a universe where everything is relative. What one man believes is moral, another will believe the same thing is a great wrong. I have sought a basis of morality for months with no success. I also see this planet as ultimately insignificant, as if all humans died out, the cosmos would be unaffected.

I believe if we could colonize the stars, we could spread our ability to reason. Obviously a diety would have nothing to do with that...

Then there is personal meaning. I feel redundant and worthless and I am unsure if I will survive on my own and not die in some stupid way. Maybe that is angst?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an atheist, I think individual choice is exaggerated.

And atheism means without a god. I'd rather keep it that way and coin some other term for being without ideology (good luck with achieving that, by the way).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an atheist, I think individual choice is exaggerated.

And atheism means without a god. I'd rather keep it that way and coin some other term for being without ideology (good luck with achieving that, by the way).

Sorry to tell you that I'm not attempting to be a trend setter. I'm attempting to talk about an idea, and yes, it's about ideology. I'm not really attached to the actual God/Christian/Jew subject that people are really hyper focused on. Although I do think that many an Atheist is overconfident in their belief in their freedom of thought. This is important to me because, that's the next wave, boyo.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry to tell you that I'm not attempting to be a trend setter. I'm attempting to talk about an idea, and yes, it's about ideology. I'm not really attached to the actual God/Christian/Jew subject that people are really hyper focused on. Although I do think that many an Atheist is overconfident in their belief in their freedom of thought. This is important to me because, that's the next wave, boyo.

elaborate.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
elaborate.

Atheism just means 'without God' as the other Magic Letter mentioned. Believing that there is no God and understanding the usefulness of the Scientific Method does *not* create a world view, it does not tell people how and why they should behave. It just gives tools to do whatever they feel is important more effectively. It's still all very subjective. I think it's highly dangerous to think otherwise. There's starting to be a feeling of 'One True Faith' in the Atheistic movement, regardless of professed denial of faith.