User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Christianity

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Default Christianity

Hi I'm seriously trying to consider the existence of God but it just doesn't seem plausible. What evidence do we have outside of the Bible or any Religious text that a God exists? How did you rationalize the existence of God? Is the only argument you have that a God exists is the leap of faith, is faith your only trump card?

For all the non-believers out their what is your opinion on this Guy
    Yuriy and Inna | Welcome. Grow in Grace with us.
    He is a controversial christian figure in the Christian Russian social groups in the west of the U.S.A @Alea_iacta_est @chubber @digesthisickness @Evee @Halla74 @Hive @Honor @JAVO

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something you can prove one way or another.

In my experiences God is about listening and being open to love and kindness and growth. A god of small miracles, changes of heart, and of breathtaking beauty... in fellow humans and in the world. In the midst deeply harrowing moments, as well as the sweet and simple ones.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Can't show my work.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something you can prove one way or another.

In my experiences God is about listening and being open to love and kindness and growth. A god of small miracles, changes of heart, and of breathtaking beauty... in fellow humans and in the world. In the midst deeply harrowing moments, as well as the sweet and simple ones.
    So it's looking at life through rose-colored glasses, being thankful for life itself instead of treating a man/woman from a far far away place as a figure authority/savior...

and

Hahaha @Evee

WALMART

People "feel" goodness.

Good is the law.

And the law is God.

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    So it's looking at life through rose-colored glasses, being thankful for life itself instead of treating a man/woman from a far far away place as a figure authority/savior...
    Perhaps. Although the phrase "rose-colored glasses" is a little bit simplistic/naive.

By savior, I think of the power to transform and change and heal. And this spiritual source is available to anyone who is ready to accept it, Christian or not. This is my faith of course... not necessarily standard.

And being able to feel awe.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    Hi I'm seriously trying to consider the existence of God but it just doesn't seem plausible. Is the only argument you have that a God exists is the leap of faith, is faith your only trump card?
    i agree that you can't prove or disprove the existence of God. it is ultimately a leap of faith either way so faith is unavoidable. that doesn't mean there isn't evidence though but there is no 100% certainty. as for christianity you might want to read something like the case for christ

if you are interested this is a helpful link on frequently asked questions on the bible the main thing about the bible is to read it according to its various genres & according to the interpretive principles of its time & place and not to impose modern hermeneutical (interpretive) methods onto it. you wouldn't read an ancient eastern philosophy book and keep asking why it doesn't tell you anything about modern american graphic design would you? a lot of moderns do something similar to that when reading the bible.

What evidence do we have outside of the Bible or any Religious text that a God exists?How did you rationalize the existence of God?
    for me i had a supernatural encounter with God and then started following jesus. so, i didn't rationalize God but rather i experienced Him. in the 2/3rds world where the church is rapidly growing that is quite common. not so much in the western world. that doesn't mean i don't think there is plenty of evidence for jesus' claim to being the Son of God and his resurrection. i just didn't start from a place of trying to rationalize faith in God. people come to faith in all sorts of different ways but no one gets there on reason alone.

For all the non-believers out their what is your opinion on this Guy
    Yuriy and Inna | Welcome. Grow in Grace with us.
    He is a controversial christian figure in the Christian Russian social groups in the west of the U.S.A @Alea_iacta_est @chubber @digesthisickness @Evee @Halla74 @Hive @Honor @JAVO
    hah. for a second i thought that was about spiritual drunkenness. carry on.

God is a product of wishful thinking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Perhaps. Although the phrase "rose-colored glasses" is a little bit simplistic/naive.

By savior, I think of the power to transform and change and heal. And this spiritual source is available to anyone who is ready to accept it, Christian or not. This is my faith of course... not necessarily standard.

And being able to feel awe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    God is a product of wishful thinking.
    I agree with you God is the result of a man persuading people to make him into a figure of authority by creating a 'God' with a divine eternal plan and telling them that this God choose him to lead them 2. Gods are the result of Drugs (Shrooms) 3. They are used to expain the unexplainable before science 4. People where committing suicide and the idea of a God was created to stop the mass suicides of the nihilistic society either one is a viable explanation