User Tag List

12 Last

Default What is most important to you in life?

What is most important to you in life?

How did you come to realize what's most important?

How did you respond when you made the realization?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

living my life fully and honestly, not shying away from the joys and challenges that come with doing that, is most important to me.

the realities of lying to myself and being led by outside forces made me realize its importance.

i responded by practicing self-honesty, and working to strengthen myself and my support system, so i can be my own driving force and am able to withstand hardship without losing my footing when it comes.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I knew some one would post this I almost did myself. But I did intend the question is a sincere manner.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    living my life fully and honestly, not shying away from the joys and challenges that come with doing that, is most important to me.

the realities of lying to myself and being led by outside forces made me realize its importance.

i responded by practicing self-honesty, and working to strengthen myself and my support system, so i can be my own driving force and am able to withstand hardship without losing my footing when it comes.
    Thanks for the candid response.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

To...find out what really drives me and to be sincere with others as best I can.

Also to break down the walls I put around myself and allow myself to risk closeness with others....I'm sure quite a few people here have heard Pink Floyd's The Wall? I always found it interesting how the album eventually circles round and the music at the end of the final song 'Outside the wall' links back into the song 'In the flesh?' and the cycle starts again.

I want to break that cycle as best I can.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    What is most important to you in life?

How did you come to realize what's most important?

How did you respond when you made the realization?
    Most important is love.

After years of painful experiences through my ego-based identification and perception.

I try to live in present. Simplest and hardest task simultaneously, but I'm learning.

Family and friends
    Healthful living
    Autonomy
    Fun and joy

I don't know how I came to realize it. They are just the things that make me feel most fulfilled. I guess my response to realizing it "well that makes sense for me and for my life"

What about you, @ygolo?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Most important thing in life at least in my life are family, passions, making every single day awesome, and being Anarchist. I would sum it up to reaching most of your potential as a human being. I know that it's cliche but it is the truth
    2. Observation

3. I begin reading books to help me discover my self and the world around me at the moment I'm reading Fear and Loathing: Campaign Trail '72, Brain Droppings and Candide

WALMART

Strong is your body
    Strong are your bones
    Strong as your bloody lie
    Is uncovered

ndovjtjcaqidthi

To seek.