User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which strange thing is the most plausible?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ghosts

4 16.67%
  • aliens visiting earth

6 25.00%
  • Bigfoot

1 4.17%
  • psychics/astrology

4 16.67%
  • transdimensional beings

5 20.83%
  • other

4 16.67%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default It could be true

(You don't actually have to believe that it's true, just tell us what you think is the most plausible).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Good thread idea.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Why did you combine psychics and astrology?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Well, there all essentially unprovable, or have been disproven so I can't really answer.

That said, I have had a ton of personal experience with astrology in the past. I used to be heavily involved with it, and knew it (and still do) like the back of my hand. Even though I see astrology as complete horseshit (in particular the idea that the planets location at the time of our birth somehow dictates our personality). With that said, I will not deny that on an imperical level, there seems to be a lot of accuracy with what astrology says about a person beyond what one would guess from random statistics. But, it's so nuanced with what it requires for interpretation, that it could be easily fit to the person, and subjected to hefty levels of the forer effect. So really, I just see it as a curious novelty, and not anything beyond that.

I just see all of the post options as nonsense, and I don't really see any one "more likely" than another.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Why did you combine psychics and astrology?
    I thought they were similar because there's some person who says they'll tell you your future based on something that seems intangible to me...I knew someone who used to call psychics and some of them did astrology readings. So, I just have associate these things based on that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Well, there all essentially unprovable, or have been disproven so I can't really answer.

That said, I have had a ton of personal experience with astrology in the past. I used to be heavily involved with it, and knew it (and still do) like the back of my hand. Even though I see astrology as complete horseshit (in particular the idea that the planets location at the time of our birth somehow dictates our personality). With that said, I will not deny that on an imperical level, there seems to be a lot of accuracy with what astrology says about a person beyond what one would guess from random statistics. But, it's so nuanced with what it requires for interpretation, that it could be easily fit to the person, and subjected to hefty levels of the forer effect. So really, I just see it as a curious novelty, and not anything beyond that.

I just see all of the post options as nonsense, and I don't really see any one "more likely" than another.

You're saying you indulge in one of these things without accepting the premise. It's sort of a grown-up version of having tea parties with stuffed animals. You like playing the game but don't get lost in the fantasy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I think people who accept evolution should be open to considering that there is a Bigfoot. Bigfoot is some sort of evolution between man and monkey, so at one point or another, there would've been something like a Bigfoot. Maybe people killed most of them of the Bigfoots. I know I'd want to kill Bigfoot and then drag its carcass around to show it off. But it seems like, maybe we could've missed some of them, like there are still some Bigfoots running around, like the prehistoric fish they found a couple of years ago.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I believe that Bigfoot exists and is actually a transdimensional alien ghost who will give you a free and accurate psychic reading and your horoscope if you can figure out how to catch him.

Actually, I voted for transdimensional beings based purely on intuition. I think it's exceedingly likely that all of these things are just products of human imagination though.

I'm voting 'other' to fuck up your poll.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    I believe that Bigfoot exists and is actually a transdimensional alien ghost who will give you a free and accurate psychic reading and your horoscope if you can figure out how to catch him.
    I knew all these things were related somehow. Glad someone could explain it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    Actually, I voted for transdimensional beings based purely on intuition. I think it's exceedingly likely that all of these things are just products of human imagination though.
    David Icke had a theory that all world leaders were lizard people, like underneath their person suit was a lizard. He changed it later to be interdimensional lizard people (not sure why). Is that what you were thinking of with transdimensional beings?