• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It could be true

Which strange thing is the most plausible?

• ghosts

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • aliens visiting earth

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • psychics/astrology

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • transdimensional beings

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i do believe in ghosts. tho hate that word for them. i prefer spirits. :/

I didn't realize this the first read-through, but I think we're on the same page on this one. I believe in spirits, but not ghosts.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted for "ghosts" as a substitute for "spirits." But I was also gonna vote for psychics/astrology. :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We all know Bigfoot's the one that set them forest fires. He's upset about the beef jerky commercials...Someone needs to stop them people from messing with Sasquatch.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Plausible means believable.

So plausible can be true or false as long as it is believable.

Propaganda, for instance, is plausible and can be true or false, as long as it is believable.

Advertising is also plausible, along with ideology, and religion is also plausible.

A common mistake is to think that plausible means true, and then as a reaction to think that plausible means false, but plausible can be true or false, as long as it is believable.

Do you believe me?

That makes sense, but I am suspicious of you and hesitant to trust you.

Mole

Permabanned
That makes sense, but I am suspicious of you and hesitant to trust you.

Hey baby, hey baby, of course you can trust me, you can trust me explicitly, allow your judgemental mind to go to sleep, relax, let yourself go, listen to my every word, and you will feel relaxed and refreshed, you will find your true self and be delighted. And hey, if you don't trust me, how can you trust yourself?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey baby, hey baby, of course you can trust me, you can trust me explicitly, allow your judgemental mind to go to sleep, relax, let yourself go, listen to my every word, and you will feel relaxed and refreshed, you will find your true self and be delighted. And hey, if you don't trust me, how can you trust yourself?

Did you write song lyrics for me? :wubbie:

G

Ginkgo

Too many strange theories exist for this poll to really be effective. You shouldn't have thrown in the "other" option.

But out of those, I would actually say that aliens visiting the earth is most plausible, followed by transdimensional beings. According to some, they could be one in the same. I say this because they toe the line between being scientifically verifiable and being untraceable.

"Ghosts" (or at least, how they're typically depicted) don't make any sense to me. If our energy lives on in this world in a similar form from when we died, then why would we take our clothes with us? Why would we be immortalized specifically as how we were when we died, instead of changing? More importantly, if they carried out the same behavior as they did before they died, then why don't they haunt all the places they routined in life? Seriously - my local Wal Mart should be infested with ghost shoppers. And ultimately, more people have died than are alive, so why would "ghosts" be as rare as they are? "Sightings" almost always happen in places with low visibility and where the senses are dull - areas that play the most tricks on your mind. I doubt that's a coincidence.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Too many strange theories exist for this poll to really be effective. You shouldn't have thrown in the "other" option.

In case I forgot a strange thing, I added the "other" option to encourage people to post it in the thread. I did forget the Loch Ness Monster, but it falls into the category with Bigfoot...Anyways, this is my first poll. When I first tried to set it up, some tiny box came up (where I was supposed to list the number of items in the poll) and I tried to type my poll question into it. So it's really special that I got a poll up here at all. But I'll remember this for next time.

But out of those, I would actually say that aliens visiting the earth is most plausible, followed by transdimensional beings. According to some, they could be one in the same. I say this because they toe the line between being scientifically verifiable and being untraceable.

I agree. There's overlap in the theories and I've always thought aliens would be transdimensional (surprised to hear someone else say it). As far as plausibility goes, a better case might be made for Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Bigfoot could just be a big rare monkey that lives in an undiscovered cave. Isn't that more plausible than aliens?

"Ghosts" (or at least, how they're typically depicted) don't make any sense to me. If our energy lives on in this world in a similar form from when we died, then why would we take our clothes with us? Why would we be immortalized specifically as how we were when we died, instead of changing? More importantly, if they carried out the same behavior as they did before they died, then why don't they haunt all the places they routined in life? Seriously - my local Wal Mart should be infested with ghost shoppers. And ultimately, more people have died than have lived, so why would "ghosts" be as rare as they are? "Sightings" almost always happen in places with low visibility and where the senses are dull - areas that play the most tricks on your mind. I doubt that's a coincidence.

Eww. Never thought of ghosts in Target with their bad fashion sense affecting them in the afterlife. Glad I can't see them. :p

wildflower

I believe that Bigfoot exists and is actually a transdimensional alien ghost who will give you a free and accurate psychic reading and your horoscope if you can figure out how to catch him.

This. :D

I believe in angels & demons. I think demons can masquerade as ghosts and aliens. They just like to mess with people generally. I think if a person is a "real" psychic meaning they really are hearing something then they are hearing from demons. I'd guess most psychics are just fake though and are making it up. I've had one experience with an angel. I know people who can see both in the spiritual realm but I haven't. The first time someone told me psychics could actually tap into the spiritual realm and demons were real I told the guy he was nuts. A bunch of stuff happened over the next 2 weeks and I knew God was saying this stuff is real. I believe it now but still think it's nuts.

Mole

Permabanned
In the time of Jesus it was believed that illness, both physical and mental, were cause by demons.

And everyone said that Jesus was a healer. And the way that was expressed was that Jesus cast out demons.

Bullet

I voted for psychic abilities; not sure about astrology.

I do think some people have a heightened sense of intuition or even some degree of precognition. In his book, the Conscious Universe, Dean Radin discusses scientific evidence in favor of psi phenomena. He mentions that the data the've collected would be considered statistically significant in other fields of science outside of parapsychology, but because of the bias in the scientific community, these results are generally dismissed as coincidence. An interesting parallel that he draws is that of a batting average in baseball. Any player with an above .300 average is considered a good batter. Similarly, some individuals, when scrutinized under rigorous scientific measures, consistently demonstrate psychic abilities above statistical chance. But if they are not accurate 100% of the time, then their success rate is disregarded as insignificant, which is a narrowminded perspective likely rife with prejudice. Even people who have 20/20 vision may, at times, see things that aren't there or miss something right in front of their eyes, which says more about the brain than the eyes themselves, but similar inconsistency may present itself in extrasensory perception.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In the time of Jesus it was believed that illness, both physical and mental, were cause by demons.

And everyone said that Jesus was a healer. And the way that was expressed was that Jesus cast out demons.

I wasn't sure if they were referring to a disease as a demon, or if they meant that they'd expelled an actual demon.

Mole

Permabanned
I wasn't sure if they were referring to a disease as a demon, or if they meant that they'd expelled an actual demon.

They made no distinction between a disease and a demon. And they believed the demon or disease was a punishment for sin, so when Jesus said, your sins are forgiven you, he was saying you are healed from your disease.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This. :D

I believe in angels & demons. I think demons can masquerade as ghosts and aliens. They just like to mess with people generally. I think if a person is a "real" psychic meaning they really are hearing something then they are hearing from demons. I'd guess most psychics are just fake though and are making it up.

These are my beliefs too, but I haven't got everything nailed down yet. Like, some of it feels blurry still.

This article Liberating Ministries for Christ International says that demons are the hybrid offspring of Nephillim and humans. Since they had no place in heaven or hell, God left them roaming the earth after he killed them. Demons could be considered ghosts, in a sense, since they were once alive and now are not, but they never were human...Do you agree with this?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
theDarkSide said:
I think people who accept evolution should be open to considering that there is a Bigfoot. Bigfoot is some sort of evolution between man and monkey, so at one point or another, there would've been something like a Bigfoot.

There have been bits of jawbone and a couple of molars of giant apes (Gigantopithecus) found in Chinese apothecary shops. We probably hunted them to extinction.

I picked psychics because I'm aware of the statistical work done on the ganzfeld and remote viewing experiments and I've experienced one precognitive event.