• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It could be true

Which strange thing is the most plausible?

• ghosts

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • aliens visiting earth

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • psychics/astrology

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • transdimensional beings

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(You don't actually have to believe that it's true, just tell us what you think is the most plausible).

á´…eparted

passages
Well, there all essentially unprovable, or have been disproven so I can't really answer.

That said, I have had a ton of personal experience with astrology in the past. I used to be heavily involved with it, and knew it (and still do) like the back of my hand. Even though I see astrology as complete horseshit (in particular the idea that the planets location at the time of our birth somehow dictates our personality). With that said, I will not deny that on an imperical level, there seems to be a lot of accuracy with what astrology says about a person beyond what one would guess from random statistics. But, it's so nuanced with what it requires for interpretation, that it could be easily fit to the person, and subjected to hefty levels of the forer effect. So really, I just see it as a curious novelty, and not anything beyond that.

I just see all of the post options as nonsense, and I don't really see any one "more likely" than another.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why did you combine psychics and astrology?

I thought they were similar because there's some person who says they'll tell you your future based on something that seems intangible to me...I knew someone who used to call psychics and some of them did astrology readings. So, I just have associate these things based on that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, there all essentially unprovable, or have been disproven so I can't really answer.

That said, I have had a ton of personal experience with astrology in the past. I used to be heavily involved with it, and knew it (and still do) like the back of my hand. Even though I see astrology as complete horseshit (in particular the idea that the planets location at the time of our birth somehow dictates our personality). With that said, I will not deny that on an imperical level, there seems to be a lot of accuracy with what astrology says about a person beyond what one would guess from random statistics. But, it's so nuanced with what it requires for interpretation, that it could be easily fit to the person, and subjected to hefty levels of the forer effect. So really, I just see it as a curious novelty, and not anything beyond that.

I just see all of the post options as nonsense, and I don't really see any one "more likely" than another.

You're saying you indulge in one of these things without accepting the premise. It's sort of a grown-up version of having tea parties with stuffed animals. You like playing the game but don't get lost in the fantasy.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think people who accept evolution should be open to considering that there is a Bigfoot. Bigfoot is some sort of evolution between man and monkey, so at one point or another, there would've been something like a Bigfoot. Maybe people killed most of them of the Bigfoots. I know I'd want to kill Bigfoot and then drag its carcass around to show it off. But it seems like, maybe we could've missed some of them, like there are still some Bigfoots running around, like the prehistoric fish they found a couple of years ago.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe that Bigfoot exists and is actually a transdimensional alien ghost who will give you a free and accurate psychic reading and your horoscope if you can figure out how to catch him.

Actually, I voted for transdimensional beings based purely on intuition. I think it's exceedingly likely that all of these things are just products of human imagination though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I believe that Bigfoot exists and is actually a transdimensional alien ghost who will give you a free and accurate psychic reading and your horoscope if you can figure out how to catch him.

:) I knew all these things were related somehow. Glad someone could explain it to me.

Actually, I voted for transdimensional beings based purely on intuition. I think it's exceedingly likely that all of these things are just products of human imagination though.

David Icke had a theory that all world leaders were lizard people, like underneath their person suit was a lizard. He changed it later to be interdimensional lizard people (not sure why). Is that what you were thinking of with transdimensional beings?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ironically, I voted for aliens.
...But I'd much rather have ghosts be real.

I wouldn't have put psychics and astrology into the same entry. I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility of odd changes in the human brain, but out of everything on the list I think astrology has the least foundation.

David Icke had a theory that all world leaders were lizard people, like underneath their person suit was a lizard. He changed it later to be interdimensional lizard people (not sure why). Is that what you were thinking of with transdimensional beings?

he's old enough to have seen V back in the 80's with Marc Singer...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think people who accept evolution should be open to considering that there is a Bigfoot. Bigfoot is some sort of evolution between man and monkey, so at one point or another, there would've been something like a Bigfoot. Maybe people killed most of them of the Bigfoots. I know I'd want to kill Bigfoot and then drag its carcass around to show it off. But it seems like, maybe we could've missed some of them, like there are still some Bigfoots running around, like the prehistoric fish they found a couple of years ago.

why do people think it's just okay to kill Bigfoot if they see him? would you do that to a mermaid or unicorn if you saw one? i don't get it. it makes me all kinds of mad at the world.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anyway. i think psychics are real. Well some of them. i don't think astrology should even be listed there. i do believe in ghosts. tho hate that word for them. i prefer spirits. i believe in the possibility of aliens and Bigfoot but hopefully they're smart enough to never make us aware of them or we'll just kill em for the fun of it. because we're barely a step up from Neanderthals. :/

W

WhoCares

I voted other because you didnt include my favourite option, all of the above. An option that says everything and nothng at the same time.:D

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ha, I Googled this guy out of curiosity. So far I can't tell if he's an undercover satirist, making stuff up for money and attention a la L. Ron Hubbard, or actually sincere.

By transdimensional being/s, I was thinking more of an incorporeal intelligence that spans the multiverse... Meh, I probably should have voted for astrology, or "other" for time-traveling space vampires.

Mole

Permabanned
Plausible means believable.

So plausible can be true or false as long as it is believable.

Propaganda, for instance, is plausible and can be true or false, as long as it is believable.

Advertising is also plausible, along with ideology, and religion is also plausible.

A common mistake is to think that plausible means true, and then as a reaction to think that plausible means false, but plausible can be true or false, as long as it is believable.

Do you believe me?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ironically, I voted for aliens.

I think the problem is you haven't seen enough videos. We'll know you've seen enough videos when you believe. If you don't believe after seeing them all once, you should go back and watch them again until you believe. :D

...But I'd much rather have ghosts be real.

Why would you prefer ghosts? Ghosts are always having personal problems with folks. At least with aliens, it's not personal and you're not alone in dealing with them. Besides, an Independence Day-style alien invasion would be good for the economy.

he's old enough to have seen V back in the 80's with Marc Singer...

I wonder if I recited old movie/tv show plots if I could be semi-famous, but what shows? I like Smurfs and Superman...The ridicule is what holds most people back from this, I think. When someone says, "You're so full of shit and your parents shouldn't have let you watch Smurfs as a child!", you have to say back, "the fat wingless blue fairies are being imprisoned by Bill Gates to engineer a mosquito that will kill 70% of the world population. The flying man with the big 'S' on his chest, as foretold in the prophesies, will rescue them, and then we shall have lasting world peace." Did I make that up, or has Superman already saved the Smurfs?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why do people think it's just okay to kill Bigfoot if they see him? would you do that to a mermaid or unicorn if you saw one? i don't get it. it makes me all kinds of mad at the world.

:happy2: Well, if I ever come across a mermaid or unicorn, I won't kill it, just for you (even though I'll most definitely want to because I am distrustful of their existence). But I've got it out for Bigfoot. He's got it coming.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
anyway. i think psychics are real. Well some of them. :/

Yeah, there might be info just floating around out there that not everyone has access to, but maybe some people do.

i believe in the possibility of aliens and Bigfoot but hopefully they're smart enough to never make us aware of them or we'll just kill em for the fun of it. :/

I hope they're both easily defeated.

because we're barely a step up from Neanderthals. :/

True. :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
time-traveling space vampires.

Never heard of those :D

Ha, I Googled this guy out of curiosity. So far I can't tell if he's an undercover satirist, making stuff up for money and attention a la L. Ron Hubbard, or actually sincere.

There's a conspiracy theory that David Icke is an agent of the government trying to make conspiracy theorists look like loons.