• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

morality in animals

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(sort of) unrelated, but there is also evidence emerging that democracy is not strictly a human phenomenon, but in fact exists in various examples throughout the animal kingdom.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hehe, some funny parts in there. Cool stuff.

I'm amazed he didn't share anything in particular about altruism in animals though. If anything shows morality in animals, it is the ability to show altruism. Which is porbably the epitome of morality.

While most of the behaviour this man shows us about animals is essentially out of self interest. (For example, chosing the share food instead of the ego food color also means the relationship between the two remains positive, this also benefits the sharer.) But none of his tests really show an example where one would show altruism to another (of course, I'm not sure you can test this without being rather cruel, say that just may be the case).

But altruism is already observed commonly in the wild anyway, so no real need to test it.

(sort of) unrelated, but there is also evidence emerging that democracy is not strictly a human phenomenon, but in fact exists in various examples throughout the animal kingdom.

Like in wolf packs!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If anything shows morality in animals, it is the ability to show altruism. Which is porbably the epitome of morality.

I know people who are not altruistic, but do have high moral codes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know people who are not altruistic, but do have high moral codes.

Sure, but what I obviously meant was is that altruism pretty much equals having morality and none of the experiments he showed were specifically atruistic but had a major self interest factor in them which in my opinion isn't neccesarily by definition moral.

G

Ginkgo

2OO33vX.jpg