• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which one is worst and why?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Genocide is the worst crime against humanity.

Naturally narcissists think the murder of individuals ranks with genocide.
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] --

A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic. -- attributed to Josef Stalin

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] --

Math was not your strong suit in school, I take it? /INTJ math-Nazi>

:dry:

Hah! You're right that it wasn't.

It's those details man. I actually went back and edited my post because I originally had 70,000 written...

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah! You're right that it wasn't.

It's those details man. I actually went back and edited my post because I originally had 70,000 written...

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] --

...and I am sure that the other 69, 930, 000 people in that cohort are just *thrilled*.
I'll bet you just made their day.

Good thing you're ENFP and not INFP or you'd be all :emot-emo:

(which would just add to the carnage).

...oh, while we're at it, Happy Easter.

(I'm Catholic and gave up alcohol for lent. I'll bet I know what's in *my* Easter Basket...) :cheers:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
is it worse to kill 100,000,000 people out of a population of 10 billion or kill 70,000,000 but also by doing so killing off a whole culture

What do you think? And why

Why do you ask? That was my first response.

Are you working on a bio geniuses weapon and having trouble deciding which place to use it?

Are you getting ready to nuke some place and need to justify your actions? Or are you writing a story about somebody who's doing these things?

Are the deaths of these people the result of a war? Of an invasion?

In answer to your question, both are equally devastating ...if you or someone you love is among the population that has been targeted.

The thing about murder that makes it so wrong, in my opinion, is that it is the ultimate act of one human being's deification of self to the point that a person decides that he or she has the ultimate authority over the mortality others.

There are cases of self defense or defense of innocents, but that's a different can of worms.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is an Okcupid question thing, isn't it?

G

Ginkgo

Kind of reminds me of -

but the trolley problem highlights the significance of inaction, whereas the OP highlights the significance of survival tools.

I'm guessing that the 70,000,000 were engendered by this particular culture, and since it's so local, I'd also guess that the loss would have little to no impact on those who weren't involved.

Furthermore, cultures are just different iterations of the same core archetypes, so 'killing' off only one culture would be more like hacking a branch off a tree. Only under extreme, unlikely circumstances would just one branch save the whole.

So I think killing 100,000,000 people would be worse.