• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you fear the end?

Alea_iacta_est

Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know, I was thinking about this earlier. I'm scared of the great beyond, sure, but I think I'm actually more scared of going before I've done what I want to do. First I want to get married, adopt some fluffy kitties, make some contributions to medicine, have kids, buy a sports car, and travel a heck of a lot more. I'm sure I'll be sad to leave but I'm thinking that by the time I go I'll be hoping to reunite with those who have gone before me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know, I was thinking about this earlier. I'm scared of the great beyond, sure, but I think I'm actually more scared of going before I've done what I want to do. First I want to get married, adopt some fluffy kitties, make some contributions to medicine, have kids, buy a sports car, and travel a heck of a lot more. I'm sure I'll be sad to leave but I'm thinking that by the time I go I'll be hoping to reunite with those who have gone before me.

You are scared of everything :)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fear a little bit of the unknown to come. It's mostly the not knowing whether I'm going to remember anything I've learned here. I find the whole "game of life" kind of pointless if we can't remember it. I also don't like the thought of losing consciousness.

á´…eparted

passages
Not really. In some respects I sort of welcome it. Exsistance is a pain in the ass.

Once you're gone, you're gone. You can't react to it, feel it, think about it, etc. because you cease to exist. I'll be unable to care that I am gone, so the point of what is after is a moot.

What I am afraid of is the process.

Mole

Permabanned
I know where I am going to die. It is in a lovely hospice on the banks of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, Australia.

I am happy to die here because this is my home. We built it ourselves from a dry limestone plain to a beautiful leafy city.

So we created Canberra and Canberra created us. Canberra is under my skin, and I am delightfully comfortable in my skin.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I have been riding this roller coaster for so long, I no longer fear the inevitable crash into the ocean.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, I'm excited to see it. Or, if it is as I expect, I won't be anything to see it. Decay is a little dismaying, but I have strong faith my power of denial.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've ever been at peace with the idea of dying. The only time I don't fear death is when I'm numb to the reality of it (which is 98% of the time). I think most people are out of touch with their own mortality as a coping mechanism that keeps them from being overwhelmed by existential fear all the time. When it actually sinks in that I'm going to die, it's just this feeling of dread. It's not so much that I'm afraid of the unknown as that I often have this very strong feeling that death is total annihilation. I obviously don't know with certainty what happens, but I definitely don't believe that my individual personality & mind will survive my own death - I think if there is anything eternal about me, it's like this foundation that supports my existence rather than what's built on it (what's specifically me), if that makes any sense.

á´…eparted

passages
I know where I am going to die. It is in a lovely hospice on the banks of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, Australia.

Serious question: Are you actually currently dying, as in you are currently in hospice right now waiting for it to occur (note: this is a yes or no question)? If so this is kind of a really really big deal.

If that's not the case, then you don't actually know that. There are SO many ways for a person to die that it's impossible to know where you'll end up dying. You might have a strong leaning, inclination, or desire to die there, but you by no means know that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do fear it a little. I didn't used to.

A

A window to the soul

(;

"I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him." (Ecclesiastes 3:14)

God is great! Peace to you.

I'm afraid that it's not going to mean anything.

It all has to mean something, right? Or what's the point? It's depressing to think that it could possibly mean nothing.

For me, the best case scenario would be that there IS some kind of universal consciousness and that we merge with it after the temporary period of separation we call "life" ends.

I don't want to know that it all ends in nothing.

Hell would suck, too.