• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you fear the end?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
everything is when used with a sense of joy

and everything has an innocence to it if used that way as well

like the old saying goes... everything that cures in one dose poisons in another, and vice versa

Very wise words. There, no hurt feelings now?

Are you denying yourself something? Why?

I am not denying what you're referring to, it merely ranks lower because it is not meaningful to Being (It is secondary because it presupposes Being).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very wise words. There, no hurt feelings now?

hurt feelings are for others

bemusement, however, I'm quite the expert on :nerd:

sometimes reading up on alchemists and toxicology can be oddly philosophical

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am not denying what you're referring to, it merely ranks lower because it is not meaningful to Being (It is secondary because it presupposes Being).

What do you think I am referring to? My advice to you is that, whatever it is you are denying, go out and seek it, and don't be a dick while trying to get it. I am telling you this for your own good.

As for me, I value the place I grew up in.I'm used to being an outsider and have come to enjoy it. I'd rather live here than someplace where the government thinks I shouldn't exist. My choice is obvious.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hurt feelings are for others

bemusement, however, I'm quite the expert on :nerd:

sometimes reading up on alchemists and toxicology can be oddly philosophical

Isaac Newton was not the first of the scientists, he was the last of the alchemists.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isaac Newton was not the first of the scientists, he was the last of the alchemists.

dosis facit venenum- paracelsus

interesting man...

newton believed that metal has life of it's own... who knows? :shrug: probably metal
[MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION] can you make me a Diana's Tree? :holy:

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION] -

More interesting, tell us the senses I am wrong.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You said I am right, Se is godliness - in a sense.

That typically denotes the complexity of a system.

I wished to know in what ways I am wrong. Yaw mean?

If God = Nature.

Isaac Newton said that Space was the sensorium of God.

In that sense, Se = Godliness.

Spinoza would have loved that statement.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If God = Nature.

Isaac Newton said that Space was the sensorium of God.

In that sense, Se = Godliness.

Spinoza would have loved that statement.

This constellates something in my memory, something from before, and something from earlier in life. It reminds me of that quotation from a smashing pumpkins song, "emptiness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and god is empty, just like you and me.."

Phenomenological speaking, it is interesting to see how this philosophy which is embedded in alternative rock evokes the same sort of idea.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I do not fear the end, because then I will begin again but I fear the moments before the end, the intense pain of suffocation, or the slow bleeding to death after losing a limb....I fear pain...I fear not the end, but I fear the moment before which is fleeting.

But all of it is worth it for that joyous moment after, that moment we are liberated and white robe wearing angels come to us to fend the demons back as they raise us up to heaven so we can reunite with our loved ones.

Then we are sent back here, our memory wiped clean, and allowed to begin anew, the same life with new rivers; the same river with new canals.

I do not fear the end.....to be quite honest, I do not believe in Santa, why should I ever believe there is an end at all?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I know that this vehicle of flesh and bone will return to the Earth when I die. Whether there is any way for my consciousness to survive death, interesting proposition, the evidence is inconclusive - I do not believe in absurd systems like Heaven or Hell, but I am open to ideas about life after death.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
many people believe that the idea of an afterlife is a fairy tail. There is something after life, so there will always be an after life...what happens after we die, no matter what, is what happens after life...so there we go...there is an afterlife.

Now the fable of gravity transposed on to the sensory perception of a falling object, or objects which orbit in space, and the idea that there are objects or separate things is an interesting conjecture and thus far has only held up using induction, not deduction, which implies there is a strong possibility that it is false as a theory and only valid as a phenomenological description.

That can't be argued in any way shape and form. Even science as an enterprise, not legit method of induction and deduction, posits this to be true.

A scientist argueing against this would be going against the scientific method.

So no, there is no such thing as an end...one who fears that which does not exist is neurotic.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not fear the end. I look forward to leaving this life, but I am in no rush.

Especially as I searched more, I am confident that we will exist after we die.

We existed pre-birth and we will exist after death. This life is but a stop on a long journey.