• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you fear the end?

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If there's nothing after death, then no I don't really fear it because I won't experience being death and I can't really think or imagine being death. I don't think it is possible to imagine nonexistence including darkness or everything being black.

If it's about dying itself, then I only might fear the pain. But since I don't know about whether I will die in a painful way or not, it seems kinda pointless for me to worry about it. What if I end up dying peacefully? All that worrying was for no reason..

If I end up dying in a painful way, then I hope that I get released from my temporary suffering as soon as possible.

angelgirl

MBTI Type
Infj
I used to fear death when I was a kid but no longer fear it as a grown up. Or perhaps I do.. I'm not sure :dry:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't fear death, the end will clearly come.
But when it comes, I hope I can become the way I want or at least stay how I am.

I do shakingly fear dying as a person who's worse than me.

And I hope when it's time to die, I close my eyes as I'm satisfied I had accomplished my life goals.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I answered this earlier, but my answer has changed. I know really sense that my death is present, and mostly I fear not having enough time to do everything that I want to do. The unknown part isn't as troubling to me.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I answered this earlier, but my answer has changed. I know really sense that my death is present, and mostly I fear not having enough time to do everything that I want to do. The unknown part isn't as troubling to me.

Joan-of-arc-ladies-of-the-light1.jpg

Kas

Fabula rasa
Yes, I fear death. I know it’s not rational. It’s not something I can change and I will pass like everything else, maybe tomorrow or maybe after 50 years and I want to be accept this . But something inside me rebel and the fact that I may die tomorrow doesn’t make it any better. I hope though that one day I will mature up and be wise enough to accept it.

On the other hand, maybe I should be kinder to myself. If I fear death it’s because I love to be alive and that’s not a bad thing.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a transhumanist. I intend to postpone the end. If possible, indefinitely.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION]

Um what? :laugh:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zardoz is a fable about man's search for immortality. It also happens to be Sean Connery's attempt to avoid typecasting.

Ooh.. I didn't know that, thank you.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], Ringo was going to play Sam, Paul was going to play Frodo, George was going to play Gandalf, and John was going to play Gollum. I'm not making this up.

Edit: Actually, it seems that the Beatles adaption and the Boorman one were two different proposed adaptations.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, at one point that director was going to do Lord of the Rings with the Beatles, so I guess this was the alternative project.
To assuage my still-present fear of death, I shall imagine a movie theater afterlife where all the wildest films that died in development play for the entertainment of the deceased. This will be playing next door to Jodorowsky's Dune.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To assuage my still-present fear of death, I shall imagine a movie theater afterlife where all the wildest films that died in development play for the entertainment of the deceased. This will be playing next door to Jodorowsky's Dune.

Honestly, that afterlife sounds better than harps and creepy winged babies.