User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

I fear the process of dying, and all the pain and discomfort that comes with it, but I don't fear being dead. I certainly don't fear ceasing to be conscious, because I will be gone, unable to feel anything. I think it's highly unlikely that there's some kind of god who could potentially punish me in hell for eternity, so I don't fear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?
    Death is just another transition. What is more scary is the events between life and death.

So no, I don't fear what comes at/after death, but I do fear the things I may/could of done proceeding death.

It is like a cranky old man complaining about his life about how he wished he could of done more or have done something while he was growing up before he was to pass away, that is 100x more scary than actually dying.
    Likes SiegfriedSchtauffen liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I dread my life ending before I can set it right. Although...I'm coming to realize that my idea of "right" is nigh superhuman and to see the resulting eternal dissatisfaction as more of a perpetual motion machine than a hopeless mission. With this temperament, I won't ever rest on my laurels or let my focus diffuse. On my deathbed, I might be proud to have never let myself become satisfied.

Also, mega fear of annihilation.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I mainly fear of what I'd feel like the moment before death. I'm scared whether my last moments will be painful or not. I've also been having trouble wrapping my head around the thought of losing complete consciousness as if I never existed in the first place, which does scare me to a degree. I'm also afraid of the people I could be leaving behind, and those I love leaving me. In fact, I'd be happy if there was an afterlife, but I'm not even sure if they're is one like everyone else on this Earth.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Yep.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?
    Hell yes

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I fear a little bit of the unknown to come. It's mostly the not knowing whether I'm going to remember anything I've learned here. I find the whole "game of life" kind of pointless if we can't remember it. I also don't like the thought of losing consciousness.
    Hell yes

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You know, I was thinking about this earlier. I'm scared of the great beyond, sure, but I think I'm actually more scared of going before I've done what I want to do.
    Hell yes, again.

These are precisely the reasons why I fear death.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Not death itself, particularly, but I do fear voids. If there is an afterlife, whether it be some variant of heaven, hell, or limbo, I figure I'm clever enough to get where I want to be given time. If there's nothing, though, I'm kind of screwed.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Do you fear death? No. Just want to hang on till my kids are well --- well ---- on their way- when they can do okay without me.

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation? Nope- I don't fear it. I welcome it.

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out? I will be able to see it play out from beyond. And I'm sure some of it will be nasty.

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand? I welcome fate.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Serious question: Are you actually currently dying, as in you are currently in hospice right now waiting for it to occur (note: this is a yes or no question)? If so this is kind of a really really big deal.

If that's not the case, then you don't actually know that. There are SO many ways for a person to die that it's impossible to know where you'll end up dying. You might have a strong leaning, inclination, or desire to die there, but you by no means know that.
    This is true.

I have chosen to die in Canberra, a beautiful city. And it is quite likely I will die in the hospice in a beautiful place by the lake without pain.

And in choosing where to die gives me some control over my own death.

And I think it is losing dignity and control as we are dying that fuels the fear of dying.

However at the present time I am not dying.

I am at home in Canberra and having decided to die at home, I can forget about it and enjoy living every day.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am scared of death, but the question is how I am good going to die