• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you fear the end?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I feel like for whatever reason if I say no to this the universe is going to try prove me wrong or something. But no, I don't really fear death... Knock on wood.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?

None of the above. When I die I die...the end. I don't have this fear of having nothing or people I love passing away and just being gone. I don't have to make stuff up to appease my head or heart. I will find out when I die

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Nope. I don't fear death at all.

Why would death be the end? It's only the beginning for me. Just because our soul doesn't exist on earth anymore doesn't mean that our soul doesn't exist elsewhere. Death is the beginning of our journey to a different plane of existence.

And nope, I don't fear what comes after death either. People fear death because they fear the unknown, but why would the unknown be scary? I have always been a fan of the unknown, the unknown isn't something to shy away from, it's something to be explored, so my natural reaction toward death is of course to welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nature is nature.

Imagine what would we all do if we were immortal !!!!

We would all be without moral and caring, all insensitive, some pitiless robots or at our best some funny psychopaths ...

I am not scared of death, all animals and plants do die, why not the human breed ? Anyway, for now guys, we still have no choice :D

But one thing : I think I'd prefer to die younger and without suffering than older and in an awful/lonely situation.

Another thing : to avoid pain to my family and psychologic shock : no accident wanted here.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no point in fearing the inevitable... won't care once it's happened anyways :shrug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So_Goth_it_Hurts_by_darkgoth.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wonder, ambition, love, maybe combining Opal essence with said love and showing a newborn what I wish I'd been shown. :shrug:

You know, usual life things.

I think death appeals to me because it's not really an end. There's a deep desire in me for my mind and self to just disappear into that void, and just be subsumed in something greater. I want my body to be part of a tree or grass eaten by horses or a star or a hummingbird's wing. There's nothing so grand in life that it ultimately is worth more than the misery of it. The beauty that causes you wonder will fade. The things you love will ultimately disappear. And the fulfillment we derive from that which we strive in the hopes of defining purpose or meaning will always remain just out of reach. All life is suffering, as the Buddhist would put it.

Fundamentally, I equate death with freedom. I'll make the most of my time while I'm here, but I look forward just as much to clocking out.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Keep your health and live a full life as long as possible.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As Epicurus said: "As long as we are, death isn't; and as soon as death is, we aren't."

Therefore, there is no reason to fear death, because death cannot confront us.

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you fear death?
Sometimes. But then I fear most everything (my enneagram type is Six).

No, I'm cool about that--looking forward to a higher-plane life that makes this earthly world look incredibly dark and dreary in comparison.

What grand show? I've grown used to this world, so it'll probably be hard to let go of my attachments. Other than that, farewell to this warring planet. Maybe I'll be back, maybe not.

Why should I understand any better just because I've translated to another plane? I'm working on my understanding right now. Waiting seems foolish.

I'm more concerned about practical earthly matters than death itself. For instance, I've always acted as if I'm going to live forever, so I've made no will, nor any arrangements for disposal of my body. I also have very little in the way of human and financial resources to take care of me if it gets to where I can't take care of myself. I hope that when my time comes I can go quickly without much suffering or being a burden to anyone. But I haven't done a thing about it. I just hope.