User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Although I hope to remain alive forever, I find the prospect of death somewhat exciting. The reason I find it somewhat exciting is that I don't believe death is the end, and I've read several accounts of near death experiences that make it sound as if there might be many interesting and wonderful things lurking on the other side. Those stories can be dismissed as recounting hallucinations, though, so at the same time there is a large element of the unknown involved, which makes me terrified of dying. I've wondered if it's like being stuck in a state like I experienced the time I went four days without sleeping and nearly passed out. A sense of profound weakness and hunger came over me, every organ in my body felt as if it were struggling, and my vision narrowed down to a tiny point that flew across the scene like a comet.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFJ

Admittedly, sometimes I'll think of unexpected ways it could happen and freak myself out. Otherwise no, not really. My own mortality seldom frightens me. It'll happen and once it does, I won't have to think about it anymore.

I've always found the thought to be more upsetting than fearful. Because of this, I strive to make the most out of my interactions with my loved ones. It makes me sad more than anything, looking at their faces and knowing that it's all temporary or thinking about how much we missed out on together. Growing up I lived across the world from most of my family members and I used to resent that a lot, but now I try to make up for lost time by visiting more regularly.

I don't fear death. At times, though, I do fear my death not having any meaning or being lost in a greater tragedy.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Some days I fear it, others I look forward to it. But most of the time I don't pay no mind at all and accept it as something meant to be.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I don't fear death. At times, though, I do fear my death not having any meaning or being lost in a greater tragedy.
    Beorn, your death is the meaning of your life.

That is to say that your death is what makes your life possible.

My greatest fear is what it could do to my loved ones (I'm an only child and we have a small family, so my parents would be devastated), but for myself? I'm a little gloomy and a little curious about it, and I know when it comes I'll be nervous but excited for the discovery of what it is and what happens after.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

i can make up some rational excuse on why I dont fear "the end"

but you know what. im human. ergo part of a irrational species.

so yes, yes I do.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?
    No.

I don't fear nothingness.

The grand show was playing when I came in and will continue when I leave. It will never play out as long as there is life. But I won't miss anything when I die, because I'll be, you know, dead.

I neither fear it nor welcome it. There will be nothing to finally understand. I understand a lot more now than I will after I'm dead, because then I'll be, you know, dead.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Default The End

Quote Originally Posted by GIjade View Post
    No.

The grand show was playing when I came in and will continue when I leave. It will never play out as long as there is life. But I won't miss anything when I die, because I'll be, you know, dead.

I neither fear it nor welcome it. There will be nothing to finally understand. I understand a lot more now than I will after I'm dead, because then I'll be, you know, dead.
    My dear, we could of course have dinner at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opnv8J9QPx8

On the other hand, the end of the universe is a long way off while Mole End is at hand. And there is hardly a better end than Mole End. How lucky we are to find ourselves ensconced, cosily, in Mole End, click on The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Ch. 5: Dulce Domum

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GIjade View Post
    No.

Exactly how I feel. I think I will fear more the sadness prior to death; knowing that I will never again get to enjoy nature/travel, have new experiences, or see my loved ones..
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram