User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

For me it's mood. Sometimes I fear it because I fear not being able to finish what I started...or rather go on starting and finishing/not finishing.

Other times it really doesn't bother me, pure acceptance. When I end, I want the second mood present.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I wouldn't want to be immortal or anything, but I wish I could dramatically prolong my lifespan. 70-90 years seems way too short to learn all the stuff I want to learn and do all the stuff I want to do.
    Likes Kas liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Likes Evee liked this post

MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Do you fear death?
    Yes. I don't fear death because of death. But I fear death because it means I'm no longer alive.

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?
    No. I assume that death is not experienced. It is to not be conscious. It is nothing.

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?
    I assume I won't miss any of it, as I won't exist. I can only miss anything while still being alive. I don't want to not exist. But when I eventually die, opinion doesn't matter anymore.

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?
    I know it's coming. Each day is one day closer. Until then, I will focus on being alive.

The closest I think I have come to understand death is through medical narcosis while undergoing an operation. It feels like nothing. The only reason I know that I was anesthetized during the time I don't remember is that I woke up. I think the same is true for death, only that I won't ever wake. And therefore I will never realize that I am dead, as my awareness is no more.

MBTI
    INFJ

Do you fear death?

Do you fear what lay after death? The abyss, heaven, hell, paradise, reincarnation?

Or do you fear leaving this place behind, not being able to watch the grand show play out?

Or do you welcome it, awaiting the great beyond to finally understand?
    I felt deeply unsure about death in my younger days, because I didn't know anything about death beyond what was presented as dramatic scenes of murder and dying, even if they were happening in Disney films. But I have always been fascinated, and pondered the concept of death long before I could articulate a conversation around it. I think I probably did fear it, but I also didn't know what I was fearing. Once I began to understand its significance in a real-world sense, I just sought to reconcile it with my idea of the world and myself.

So far, pretty smooth sailing. Today, I welcome it as something natural and inevitable. I feel genuine excitement at the prospect of the experience; it only happens once per lifetime for most people, unless you've experienced Near Death. Of course, it would suck to leave before I felt it was my time (whatever, whenever), but I feel that once it's upon you, what greater experience and relief than to surrender to something that demands it, regardless of your own personal level of enthusiasm.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't fear death so much as hate the idea of non-existence. If I think about its inevitability too long I can become inconsolable.

I follow the null hypothesis on the existence of an after-life. I feel like optimistically presuming its existence would just be a shallow grasp at comfort, and thus incompatible with my core beliefs.

I want to be around forever. Or at least have the choice to. I want that unlimited time so I can explore unlimited possibilities. I want the world on my terms. I freakin' hate having externally set deadlines.

I know it's greedy to want all this, but it seems to me like cultural disapproval of my feelings stems from something akin to Nietszchean slave morality, based on valuing meekness and compliance and taking comfort in self-abasement.

The thought that as I get older my hormones and deteriorating mind and body will make death feel more natural and acceptable horrifies me. I don't care that I won't mind then, or that when I don't exist I won't be able to mind not existing; I mind now. In a sense, I hope I always will.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

Enneagram
    9w8

No.

I do not fear death.

Neither do I fear living.

I plan to do both to the best of my ability.

As Tecumseh once said, and I truly believe, "Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. "
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes asynartetic, Evee liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't know that fear is the right word, it's more tied to me liking this planet and life. There will probably come a time though where due to physical challenges, or other difficulties, I'll start shifting more towards it being more welcoming. But barring inability to have the potential to live life as fully as possible, yeah, the idea saddens me more than causes me fear, I think. But then too, the thought that I basically 'die' every single night, via sleep, ie I am not aware of anything while in deep sleep, well, I suppose that gives me some idea of dying, I/we already experience that non existence. I could not wake up ever again and I'd have no clue. Poof, I'm gone. I think that's why it's not tied to fear per se. Though, it is sad.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I fear the end

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Having seen a lot of it, I avoid it as much as possible when it comes to myself. I have an idea of what I want to happen to me (vaguely) but I want to be old before I start talking about that stuff for real.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge