User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Just before I went under the general anaesthetic, the hospital chaplain visited me and asked if I would like him to read from the bible. "Yes", I said, "I would love to hear The Book of Revelations, sometimes called The Apocalypse, the last book in the bible and the last book about the last things, in fact, the end of the world.

He smiled thinly and asked wouldn't I prefer to hear The Psalms before I went under. But I said, "The Apocalypse is so well written, I would prefer to go with it ringing in my ears". And against his better judgement, but with a good heart, the chaplain read the full horror of the end of world, before I went under the knife.
    Likes Evee, Xann, Ghost liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Drop the snide know-it-all "I'm so much better and more enlightened than all of you troglodyte peons" attitude and people might actually listen more.
    Or, I will keep speaking my mind and the people who care about what I have to say will listen, and the people like you, who don't care, will, hopefully, just ignore me.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Or, I will keep speaking my mind and the people who care about what I have to say will listen, and the people like you, who don't care, will, hopefully, just ignore me.
    We do care about what you have to say, and we are delighted to listen to you.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Why?
    Because any value I construct is subjective and fleeting. It exists entirely within myself and as soon as I cease to exist, likely so will it.

The current criterion I'm judging inherent value by is persistent influence. Since my existence is inherently not persistent (to my knowledge nonexistence is the inevitable end of all things), I currently don't see my existence as inherently valuable.

Yes, let's just ignore the person who is thinking critically and outside the box.
    The reason why your response didn't go over well with me is because you presumed to push your own values onto me and as superior to my own. Whether or not you intend it, your replies have the air of someone who "knows what's best for you" and I asked those questions specifically because it seemed that you momentarily forgot that your perspective is not my own.

I don't have a problem with you or your perspective. I don't have a problem with discussing my own. I am open to analyzing and deconstructing my beliefs but I'd prefer that you not belittle me in the process.
    Likes Xann, ReadingRainbows liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Because any value I construct is subjective and fleeting. It exists entirely within myself and as soon as I cease to exist, likely so will it.

The current criterion I'm judging inherent value by is persistent influence. Since my existence is inherently not persistent (to my knowledge nonexistence is the inevitable end of all things), I currently don't see my existence as inherently valuable.

The reason why your response didn't go over well with me is because you presumed to push your own values onto me and as superior to my own. Whether or not you intend it, your replies have the air of someone who "knows what's best for you" and I asked those questions specifically because it seemed that you momentarily forgot that your perspective is not my own.

I don't have a problem with you or your perspective. I don't have a problem with discussing my own. I am open to analyzing and deconstructing my beliefs but I'd prefer that you not belittle me in the process.
    Do you think it's possible that there is another meaning to my post, which you did not understand?

Are you paying attention?
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Every end is only the beginning of something or someone new.

Of course, I fear suffering, not the end. The end is just an illusion for us buddhists.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be back
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post

The German word for authentic is eigentlich, and it's etymological base is own (as in your own.)

In the authentic mode of existence, we view the world not as actualities or facts, which are not meaningful, but as possibilities and ideas.

What is intuition? Pure intuition is what remains after we have removed everything related to the senses or thought. Thus, intuition is the ground for all phenomena, and thus, it makes being-here-in-the-world possible. So intuition is temporality, because temporality is what makes Being possible.

So intuition is time, and time is Being.

YOUR OWN (authentic) IN TIME (Being).

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Sensory infromation is real. Don't drink water for a week and watch what happens.

We are encourage by society to mistrust and dislike, or even fear the sensory world because of the value system we've all inherited, whether we know it or not.

Some conflicts are motivated by a clash between worldly and ascetic ideals.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Sensory infromation is real. Don't drink water for a week and watch what happens.

We are encourage by society to mistrust and dislike, or even fear the sensory world because of the value system we've all inherited, whether we know it or not.

Some conflicts are motivated by a clash between worldly and ascetic ideals.
    I did not say sensory information isn't real, I said it is not significant (meaningful).

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I did not say sensory information isn't real, I said it is not significant (meaningful).
    Of course it is. If you're in a desert, and you need to find sources of water, you're ggoing to have to use sensory information.

That's one scenario where it's pretty damn significant.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78