• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Religious\Spiritual Beliefs

Your belief?

• Christianity

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Islam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Agnosticism

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Atheism

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Unitarian-Universalism

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Paganism\Wiccanism

• Shamanism

• Satanism

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
There doesn't need to be an argument when there's a narrative.

What narrative? I'm confused.

The statement was that there are more atheists + agnostics that participated in the poll than Christians. The statement was not about the United States. The statement was not about the world. The statement was about people on TypeC that participated in the poll.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Christ is the cornerstone of my life. If it wasn't for the hope I've found in my Creator, I'd likely not be alive today. I've definitely come face to face with the hypocrisy and misunderstandings there are in and around the Christian faith (many which have been represented and reflected in this thread) and I find the convolution sad but understandable given what human nature is. What many seem not to understand is that the root of the Christian faith, the thing Jesus came to accomplish, was to cover us in grace-- so that we wouldn't need to pretend to be perfect or try to earn righteousness. Christ came and embraced the poor, the sick, the hurting and stood up to the self-righteous hypocrites who thought they could be holy by their own efforts.

I follow Christ and have given my life to Him because He loves me as I am, he calls me to love others well and he always helps me up when I fail. I'll be the first to admit that there are some crazy, ignorant people out there that horribly tarnish the term "Christianity", as a teenager I probably contributed to that in a legalistic way. After a lot of hurt in my life and allowing God to heal my heart, I try to live my life each day to represent Christ and the way He lived. I often fail because I'm human, but He welcomes me back again. I've also found God to be extremely personal and when I'm open to Him, he delights in me in big and little ways, through things no one but myself (with my story, heart and experiences) would see as significant. He's El Roy, the God who sees me.

I've never known a love like that, one that values me flaws and all (because goodness knows I have them).

Just my take.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They refute the narrative.

There doesn't need to be an argument when there's a narrative.

What narrative? I'm confused.

The statement was that there are more atheists + agnostics that participated in the poll than Christians. The statement was not about the United States. The statement was not about the world. The statement was about people on TypeC that participated in the poll.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with you here, geek.

HOWEVER, did you know that in India, Muslims make up 14.6% of the population? TypoC has 0% (as of this post) which means that India refutes the narrative here or something. So ya know............uh........ did I win?

Mole

Permabanned
Well sure, but in the end all movies are lumped together in the "fiction" category. We can enjoy them as amazing stories, but we acknowledge that they aren't true and it wouldn't make sense if they were all true because the realities contradict one another.

This is equally true of the various religions: it wouldn't make sense if they were all true because they contradict one another.

All the religions can't be true but they can all be fictional.

So we employ exactly the same suspension of disbelief with the religions as we do with the movies.

To claim otherwise is special pleading.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with you here, geek.

HOWEVER, did you know that in India, Muslims make up 14.6% of the population? TypoC has 0% (as of this post) which means that India refutes the narrative here or something. So ya know............uh........ did I win?

Well, I've never really heard the phrase "to refute the narrative" before. I don't know. To refute something is to disprove it...and the narrative is just the original statement, correct? In this case, the narrative was merely a statement of fact, not any sort of extrapolation. So I don't see how it can be refuted. But again...I've never heard that phrasing before. I dunno.

This is equally true of the various religions: it wouldn't make sense if they were all true because they contradict one another.

So we employ exactly the same suspension of disbelief with the religions as we do with the movies.

Well then I really don't think this is what [MENTION=7785]Little_Sticks[/MENTION] meant.

I've scoured the internet a bit to try and find a term for this and found the word "omnism." However, many websites on "omnism" seem to take a more loose, wispy, fluffy definition that doesn't seem to entirely fit what the word means.

Mole

Permabanned
Well then I really don't think this is what [MENTION=7785]Little_Sticks[/MENTION] meant.

This is what I meant:

- Mole.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agnostic and Christian.

Was raised Pentecostal (very fruit-loopy Evangelical). I don't think it's possible to really know stuff about God and the universe, but I still loosely hold the beliefs I was raised with. Just I'm a socially and fiscally liberal, pro gay marriage feminist and I have serious reservations about the concept of hell.

Welp..I guess that makes me a fruit-loop lol :rock:

Mole

Permabanned
Welp..I guess that makes me a fruit-loop lol :rock:

I was accosted by a pentecostal catholic in Garema Place, Canberra, Australia the other day. And it was plain he was trying to entrance me. He had a well rehearsed trance induction. He was able to avoid anything I said and just proceeded with his trance induction.

Such a trance induction works well with the vulnerable, whether they are children or an emotionally vulnerable adult.

Fortunately I attended a trance workshop at the Australian National University, where, with my permission, I was given the suggestion that I would not allow myself be put into a trance against my will.

Trance abusers, like my pentecostal catholic, seek out the vulnerable to abuse, by entrancing them without their permission.

Mole

Permabanned
Every day we hear about child sexual abuse in the various religions at our National Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse.

And it is becoming plain that the routine practice of entrancing children into a particular religion, spills over into entrancing children into child sex.

Religions groom children for religion, so it is only a small step to groom children for sex.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was accosted by a pentecostal catholic in Garema Place, Canberra, Australia the other day. And it was plain he was trying to entrance me. He had a well rehearsed trance induction. He was able to avoid anything I said and just proceeded with his trance induction.

Such a trance induction works well with the vulnerable, whether they are children or an emotionally vulnerable adult.

Fortunately I attended a trance workshop at the Australian National University, where, with my permission, I was given the suggestion that I would not allow myself be put into a trance against my will.

Trance abusers, like my pentecostal catholic, seek out the vulnerable to abuse, by entrancing them without their permission.

What is a Pentecostal Catholic? I was unaware you could be both Pentecostal and catholic .Pentecostal is from my understanding a doctrine of oneness and Catholic is based on a belief in the trinity. Anyway it sucks that you had that experience. I myself have never been put in any kind of a trance or have tried to entrance others. That's not something that my organization practices or condones. I mean that’s really out there lol

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So is the poster.

I think he might mean "indoctrinated" though.

Oo Ok... lol I've always been allowed to question what I belive. It's pretty difficult for me to believe anything blindly anyway so I think it's safe to say I haven't been indoctrinated either :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a Christian, I was pretty agnostic there for a while but then I decided that my religion didn't have to be about other people, just because I believe in something doesn't mean that I can't think for myself, and I don't have to be associated with some of the ignorant groups. So thinking about that, "religion" had a new, positive twist to it in my mind. My religion and spirituality are related, and during my agnostic years, I considered myself spiritual...But I do think I was really lacking in that department unknowingly... Like I felt.. entitled to know all these answers or something, when really spirituality for me does involve a lot of faith, belief, and feelings, much like religion. Growing up in a strict Catholic household, I was a bit repelled by it for a while. But now I understand in my heart much better than I did. Now I consider myself lucky to be a Catholic, but I'm still only half-practicing... I want to be practicing again, and I'm continuing to fight some of the mental battles that come with it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You will all have to guess what I voted for...

Hmm...this gives me an idea for another poll thread...

Mole

Permabanned
What is a Pentecostal Catholic? I was unaware you could be both Pentecostal and catholic.

Pentecostal catholics have been around for quite a time now. They derive from the pentecost where the holy spirit appeared as tongues of fire to the apostles and they began speaking in tongues.

So today pentecostal catholics speak in tongues and their services are more emotional than others.