1 1.59%
  • Shamanism

1 1.59%
  • Satanism

4 6.35%
First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I like my mythology better than yours.
    Naturally, as your mythology is taught to school children.

A white bread mythology devoid of critical thinking and cognitive dissonance, a mythology that fills but doesn't nourish, a mythology that conceals more than it reveals, a bourgeois mythology of money, God and guns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Naturally, as your mythology is taught to school children.

A white bread mythology devoid of critical thinking and cognitive dissonance, a mythology that fills but doesn't nourish, a mythology that conceals more than it reveals, a bourgeois mythology of money, God and guns.
    Mythology with facts and critical thinking studded onto it is not more valuable, it's just... vajazzled. Myth is always fiction. Facts and critical thinking without mythology tells me that everybody is pretty much over that whole American Revolution thing, except for Mole. Facts and critical thinking tells me that American Civil War conflict reverberated throughout the world in a positive manner. The terminus of a slave nation was a poison potent enough in the U.S. that it made us vomit it where many others took it in much smaller, and less deadly manageable doses.

It tells me other things, but I don't feel that you're sophisticated enough for me to waste the effort to type them.

Mythology with facts and critical thinking studded onto it is not more valuable, it's just... vajazzled. Myth is always fiction. Facts and critical thinking without mythology tells me that everybody is pretty much over that whole American Revolution thing, except for Mole. Facts and critical thinking tells me that American Civil War conflict reverberated throughout the world in a positive manner. The terminus of a slave nation was a poison potent enough in the U.S. that it made us vomit it where many others took it in much smaller, and less deadly manageable doses.

It tells me other things, but I don't feel that you're sophisticated enough for me to waste the effort to type them.
    Naturally you identify with the mythology of your childhood. In fact your childhood mythology has formed your very identity. So any questioning of your childhood ideology is experienced as an existential attack on who you are.

Facts and critical thinking tells me that American Civil War conflict reverberated throughout the world in a positive manner.
    The USA has not only created God in their own image, but they try to create us in their own image.

The USA has been exporting civil war round the world for quite a while, from Central and South America, the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Afganistan. They even tried it here by dismissing a democratically elected Prime Minister in the hope this would spark a violent civil war, just like their own.

Fortunate we have had three hundred years of peaceful democracy to fall back on, so rather than resorting to guns and violence, we had a democratic election.

We know the USA forments civil war to divide and conquer, all for the highest moral ideals.

What the fuck is going on here...?

Let's just say "To each his own"... And...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Naturally you identify with the mythology of your childhood. In fact your childhood mythology has formed your very identity. So any questioning of your childhood ideology is experienced as an existential attack on who you are.
    Hah, so wide of mark on this one, even though we've had this conversation many a time. You know I'm an American like you think I'm supposed to know you ride kangaroos. So tiring.

Edit: Oh, it looks like you changed the content of your entire post after I responded to it...

The USA has not only created God in their own image, but they try to create us in their own image.

The USA has been exporting civil war round the world for quite a while, from Central and South America, the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Afganistan. They even tried it here by dismissing a democratically elected Prime Minister in the hope this would spark a violent civil war, just like their own.

Fortunate we have had three hundred years of peaceful democracy to fall back on, so rather than resorting to guns and violence, we had a democratic election.

We know the USA forments civil war to divide and conquer, all for the highest moral ideals.
    There's a truth in all of this. But, the whole truth is: people are dicks, people with power will prove this point. This would include Australians, if they had power. So consider yourself lucky enough to be ineffectual, and that's the extent of what you should be proud of, compared to the U.S. I'm not being totally sarcastic, being ineffectual is a kind of bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Let's just say "To each his own"... And...
    Critically thinking and cognitive dissonance are just too lively, so let us abandon the agora and tend our own cabbages.

Critically thinking and cognitive dissonance are just too lively, so let us abandon the agora and tend our own cabbages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I believe in God, but I also believe in science, peace and tolerance. Spiritual but not religious.
    4w5-9w1-5w4