• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had a near death experience?

have you ever been dead?

• Total voters

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
The place I went to looks like a doppelgänger of this world, except it is sunless and in a constant state of dusk or dawn. The towns and cities looks the same but forests are at their outskirts. This place is filled with the dying, the dead and its most dangerous inhabitants, that I dubbed the never lived, they are usually malicious and will attack you mercilessly on sight. Also when I was there I could automatically know what to approach and what to flee from, I could feel the emanations of good and evil.
I was attacked by an entity, bitten numerous times , I awoke the next morning with swollen painful areas corresponding to the bite areas in my "dream".
The most dangerous places are the forests for 2 reasons, first it's filled with demonic beings, second the probability to whined up lost is very high , for if you get lost your body dies. I got lost once, after I was attacked by a burning man, but I was luckily guided back by a "dog" covered in blood. You cannot simply awaken from this nightmare until both consciousness and body are reunited and your body reacts the same as if you were in physical danger. This experience alone resulted in severe psychological trauma, I became an insomniac too terrified to sleep, for I was afraid of getting lost again. One more thing the pain you feel here is reflected on your body not the wounds, it has a phantom limb feeling, it don't simply subside like normal pain, it takes hours.

On another note if you are a loner like me, you'll probably like the preternatural silence here interrupted occasionally by blood wrenching screams.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nope. interested to read responses though.

L

LadyLazarus

When I was drinking coffee and it almost spilled in my lap causing me to leap up in surprise which in turn caused me to knock over a priceless vase which smash into pieces on a picture of Obama which then spontaneously combusted and set fire to the plants near it which then exploded and got plant guts all over me.Needless to say the smoking Zebra in my head was VERY disappointed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
When I was drinking coffee and it almost spilled in my lap causing me to leap up in surprise which in turn caused me to knock over a priceless vase which smash into pieces on a picture of Obama which then spontaneously combusted and set fire to the plants near it which then exploded and got plant guts all over me.Needless to say the smoking Zebra in my head was VERY disappointed.

that doesn't count

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I had a student who died in a four wheeler accident once and was brought back.

He was just a little kid. He had no reason to lie about what he saw.

He said he saw a being of light who told him everything was going to be all right.

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
what's it like?

I haven't. Never been dead.

It's a horrible place, where stronger, older entities attack their weaker brethrens perhaps for fun, whether they are destroyed into oblivion is unknown. I escaped most things there by luck, and was granted a chance back here by an unknown benevolent being. You don't want to go there, your better off here, for now.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really. I almost drowned at summer camp when I was a little kid, I lost consciousness and they had to pull me out. Because I lied about being able to swim :doh: then everyone kept asking if I was the girl who drowned. And I lied about that too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The closest I've been is passing out, multiple times in my life for multiple reasons, sometimes on purpose. This is the P life. It feels like for a second on awakening that you didn't exist before that moment. I'm hoping that the final experience just goes there instead of being near there, I don't like to do things like that halfway.

Starry

I had pneumonia when I was 4...and was not responding to medication/treatment. My parents had called the doctor to say so...and he told them to give it a little more time. In the middle of night though...I went into some sort of 'rapid decline'...and so they rushed what my Dad refers to as my 'lifeless body' to the hospital. Where, according to the ER doctors, I died...and came back to life.

I have no memory of this. I saw nothing. I experienced nothing...no beings...no blinding lights... (that I'm aware of.) The only thing that was weird was when I "came back" I was healthy...all prior to them having started an IV which is what they had been preparing to do (basically they hadn't done any work on me.)

At this point I do have some memory of this experience. I remember...a bunch of doctors and nurses and my parents all standing around me in a 'wtf?' kind of way. I remember being so mad at my father because he was too paranoid to bring me home...he wanted me to stay at the hospital under observation. In other words, the doctors were like "ahh we don't understand what just happened here but she's fine and if you would like to bring her home you can." My Mom was totally cool with the whole *its a miracle* and thought they should bring me home...but my Dad needed more empirical evidence that held-up over time.

So he insisted I stay. And omg I cried and cried and cried being alone at the hospital and separated from them. They moved me to a regular room...and the young girl I shared it with told me to 'shut-up'...to which I was totally offended in a how dare you... kind of way...and pulled a 'no you shut-up' and kept on crying. Then she was crying and so they moved her to a different room. My father brought me two goldfish in a bowl thinking it would keep me company...but I kept crying... And on the second night of my stay...(my Dad still wasn't convinced)...I guess the nurses called my parents and were like "you know what? why don't you come and get her now..." haha.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Close friend of mine overdosed on heroin, died in the hospital. Came back. Said there was nothing. Just a "peaceful pool of darkness." Likely the neurons firing their last few rounds. :shrug:

Oddest thing I've had was after a knee surgery when I was 20. Marked difficulty coming out of anesthesia, sudden/extreme drop in bp, docs thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest (fortunately, I didn't).

I don't remember this part- but I woke up sobbing, calling out my dead brother's name.
My earliest post-anesthesia memory from that day is of already sitting up- disoriented, with an oxygen mask, eyes leaking tears and a nurse stroking my arm.

It kinda freaked out the nurses, and of course, my mother.
As for me, I imagine a lot of strange things occur in our consciousness when blood supply to the brain is reduced. Or when you're under heavy sedatives.

Whenever I go under anesthesia now, I advise nurses to ignore when I ask for someone of that name.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Before I was born I remember being in an 80s dance workout video in the middle of a bunch of women wearing pink amidst "white space"

I also remember consciously thinking "what is life like before I was born?" before I could walk. Maybe this happened in conjunction with watching an 80s workout video whilst learning to walk.

Suck me.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The place I went to looks like a doppelgänger of this world, except it is sunless and in a constant state of dusk or dawn. The towns and cities looks the same but forests are at their outskirts. This place is filled with the dying, the dead and its most dangerous inhabitants, that I dubbed the never lived, they are usually malicious and will attack you mercilessly on sight. Also when I was there I could automatically know what to approach and what to flee from, I could feel the emanations of good and evil.
I was attacked by an entity, bitten numerous times , I awoke the next morning with swollen painful areas corresponding to the bite areas in my "dream".
The most dangerous places are the forests for 2 reasons, first it's filled with demonic beings, second the probability to whined up lost is very high , for if you get lost your body dies. I got lost once, after I was attacked by a burning man, but I was luckily guided back by a "dog" covered in blood. You cannot simply awaken from this nightmare until both consciousness and body are reunited and your body reacts the same as if you were in physical danger. This experience alone resulted in severe psychological trauma, I became an insomniac too terrified to sleep, for I was afraid of getting lost again. One more thing the pain you feel here is reflected on your body not the wounds, it has a phantom limb feeling, it don't simply subside like normal pain, it takes hours.

On another note if you are a loner like me, you'll probably like the preternatural silence here interrupted occasionally by blood wrenching screams.

Epic. Sounds like my childhood in alexandria virginia.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had a near death experience in the sense that I brushed with death but it missed me completely and left me utterly unscathed (not counting the half hour of uncontrollable shakiness due to adrenaline).

A split second choice, or rather an intuitive response in the sense that there really was no time to choose, saved me from serious injury, possibly death.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had a near death experience in the sense that I brushed with death but it missed me completely and left me utterly unscathed (not counting the half hour of uncontrollable shakiness due to adrenaline).

A split second choice, or rather an intuitive response in the sense that there really was no time to choose, saved me from serious injury, possibly death.

You mean a sensory response, right?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A sensory experience primes an intuitive reaction.

I believe we are using words that sound phonetically identical to frequently used words on this site, but aren't in fact the same. I found it amusing for a second.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had something that sort of felt like one, but probably isn't really a near death experience. A few weeks after being through psychosis I went to my grandmas house for some coffee and to catch up. All of a sudden I started getting like this horrible grainy vision (like the one you get when your high) and I started getting paranoid and really anxious. I thought my grandma was poisoning me with the coffee and I couldn't stop thinking that I was going to be killed that night. I ended up having a dream before that where I had the same grainy vision and my family on my mothers side said "we love you" as they all surrounded me and started strangling me.

Psychosis is not fun.