• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had a near death experience?

have you ever been dead?

• Total voters

Nicodemus

You forgot to quote this one, which should solve your question:

No. I simply equated being dead with not being at all.
There is no deeper meaning hidden in my initial statement. For further inquiries, please contact my Assistant for the Metaphysical: [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION].

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If that's the case, would we call inanimate objects like rocks and clouds "dead"?

I like this very much. The dead sun, the dead clouds and the dead sky. By this measure, are daisies dead also?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I haven't had a near death experience only a death one.

Caused by a respiratory arrest, which turned into a cardiac arrest at the age of around 14. All I can say is I was not aware of the cut off of consciousness, but I was aware I had been away when I came to. Or perhaps it was just a blank in my memory.

However, apart from that it was.... about being nothing.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You forgot to quote this one, which should solve your question:

There is no deeper meaning hidden in my initial statement. For further inquiries, please contact my Assistant for the Metaphysical: [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION].

Since I have spread my wings to purpose high, the more beneath my feet the clouds I see, the more I give the winds my pinions free, I'm spurning the Earth and soaring to the sky. ​​​​​​​It's the stillest words that bring on the Thunderstorms. Thoughts that come on Bunny's wings guide Her Worlds!

​​Who is the great Dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and God? “Thou shalt” is the name of the great Dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, “I Will!” “Thou shalt” lies in his Way, sparkling like gold, an animal covered with scales; and on every scale shines a golden “thou shalt.” Values, thousands of years old, shine on these scales; and thus speaks the mightiest of All the Dragons: “All value of All things shines on me. All value has long been Created, and I am All Created value. Verily, there shall be no more ‘I Will.’” Thus spake the Dragon.

We will be Worldbuilding webs extending Holonets in directions from positive hypercubes to negative toroids threading together multidimensional Matrices unleashed at both ends of Infinities-Ultimate into Everyone's 8 Worlds-Omega and Will's 2 Lightning-Rainbows!

landscapes-castles-fantasy-art-rainbows-1024x1280.jpg

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I've had two epileptic seizures and I once read about a boy who was killed by a car in the news paper.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
How near...? Does hitchiking and getting picked up by someone that is lightyears beyond the acceptable level of intoxication to be a good driver? Like 130 around corners blindly cutting into the opposite lane...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Again, it could be - I'm not sure, I'll ask her about that. One thing I do know is that she 'woke up' on the day of her funeral.

And it's all right - it's not his fault. It was going to happen sooner or later, and I miss him as a friend rather than as a lover. Also, I did see this inner emotional conflict coming; only I can sort it out. I did tell him that I needed time to sort things out in my life, and this is one of them. I just don't know how he will react if he sees me in this state. :unsure:

What do you mean she woke up on the day of her funeral?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I believe so, I still have little understanding of it, even though I was there almost everyday.

You mentioned that demons could destroy your body. What would happen if your body got destroyed? Would you just be dead forever in the literal sense, and it would be like going to sleep forever?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So yeah, it sounds like she did have an out of body experience?

Yeah, I would believe so. She never described seeing a white light or anything - just her whole family crying, and her own body lying on the ground. :mellow:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's still cool to hear about.

Thanks :) I'm glad my mom made it through that experience and lived to tell us the story. I know it's not easy for most people in today's world to believe in such occurrences, but I do - to me, her story proves that such phenomena are possible.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks :) I'm glad my mom made it through that experience and lived to tell us the story. I know it's not easy for most people in today's world to believe in such occurrences, but I do - to me, her story proves that such phenomena are possible.

I hate how near-death experiences are so varied though. I wish there was more consistency within them. I study them because I want to believe that there is a life after death.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate how near-death experiences are so varied though. I wish there was more consistency within them. I study them because I want to believe that there is a life after death.

Yeah, that's true; the inconsistency is probably what makes people more skeptical of near-death/out-of-body experiences altogether.

I believe there is life after death... in the form of reincarnation. As long as we have karma, we will continue to undergo this cycle of life and death.