• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had a near death experience?

have you ever been dead?

• Total voters

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The place I went to looks like a doppelgänger of this world, except it is sunless and in a constant state of dusk or dawn. The towns and cities looks the same but forests are at their outskirts. This place is filled with the dying, the dead and its most dangerous inhabitants, that I dubbed the never lived, they are usually malicious and will attack you mercilessly on sight. Also when I was there I could automatically know what to approach and what to flee from, I could feel the emanations of good and evil.
I was attacked by an entity, bitten numerous times , I awoke the next morning with swollen painful areas corresponding to the bite areas in my "dream".
The most dangerous places are the forests for 2 reasons, first it's filled with demonic beings, second the probability to whined up lost is very high , for if you get lost your body dies. I got lost once, after I was attacked by a burning man, but I was luckily guided back by a "dog" covered in blood. You cannot simply awaken from this nightmare until both consciousness and body are reunited and your body reacts the same as if you were in physical danger. This experience alone resulted in severe psychological trauma, I became an insomniac too terrified to sleep, for I was afraid of getting lost again. One more thing the pain you feel here is reflected on your body not the wounds, it has a phantom limb feeling, it don't simply subside like normal pain, it takes hours.

On another note if you are a loner like me, you'll probably like the preternatural silence here interrupted occasionally by blood wrenching screams.

Do you think you went to hell or something?

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you think you went to hell or something?

I doubt it, but I do believe where I end up was neither evil or good, based on other NDE. Some people report a completely lightless place, overrun with demons, and others report a white luminous world. My experience led me to a world poorly lit, but neither completely dark.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom had a near-death experience, when she was a teenager. Even back then, she had a great deal of health problems. :(
She told us that she didn't even realize it happened until she saw her family members crying. She was curious as to why they were all crying until she saw her own body. She did eventually come back to life (or else her kids would not have even existed in the first place, duh :alttongue: ), but since then she's had a strong sense of intuition about others, and her suspicions almost always turn out to be true.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I doubt it, but I do believe where I end up was neither evil or good, based on other NDE. Some people report a completely lightless place, overrun with demons, and others report a white luminous world. My experience led me to a world poorly lit, but neither completely dark.

So it was like Pergatory or something?

My mom had a near-death experience, when she was a teenager. Even back then, she had a great deal of health problems. :(
She told us that she didn't even realize it happened until she saw her family members crying. She was curious as to why they were all crying until she saw her own body. She did eventually come back to life (or else her kids would not have even existed in the first place, duh :alttongue: ), but since then she's had a strong sense of intuition about others, and her suspicions almost always turn out to be true.

So your mom had an out of body experience?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So your mom had an out of body experience?

Could be - my bad. :alttongue: With all the problems that have been going on in my life so far, I haven't really been thinking straight most of the time. I don't even know what I'm saying right now, that's how bad it's gotten today.

[Oh, why did the one who I care for leave me at such a time? :cry: ]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Could be - my bad. :alttongue: With all the problems that have been going on in my life so far, I haven't really been thinking straight most of the time. I don't even know what I'm saying right now, that's how bad it's gotten today.

[Oh, why did the one who I care for leave me at such a time? :cry: ]

Well did she have an out of body experience or not? This has me curious. Also, I'm very sorry that your lover left you.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know it sounds crazy, but once I got this close to being alive.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well did she have an out of body experience or not? This has me curious. Also, I'm very sorry that your lover left you.

Again, it could be - I'm not sure, I'll ask her about that. One thing I do know is that she 'woke up' on the day of her funeral.

And it's all right - it's not his fault. It was going to happen sooner or later, and I miss him as a friend rather than as a lover. Also, I did see this inner emotional conflict coming; only I can sort it out. I did tell him that I needed time to sort things out in my life, and this is one of them. I just don't know how he will react if he sees me in this state. :unsure:

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
No. I simply equated being dead with not being at all.

I've gotta be missing something here because I don't grasp how matter would be classified as deceased (dead) prior to it having been organized into a being that consumes energy?
I get that we're all merely the current state of recycled matter & energy but I'm pondering what is life if everything is dead prior to it having existed.
Were you hinting towards universal reincarnation?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You mean a sensory response, right?

No, I think I definately mean intuitive.

A sensory response is more like scratching an itch, no?

An intuitive response is a response that does not require conscious thought.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I think I definately mean intuitive.

A sensory response is more like scratching an itch, no?

An intuitive response is a response that does not require conscious thought.

I don't really think Jungian terms apply quite as clearly in these types of situations. I've been in a car dodging situations before, also I've spent a lot of time training muscle memory. I believe there's a quicker path from perceived danger to action that cognition lays the path for, but doesn't get activated by. When it's stimuli - response, it's very much itch-scratch. You could call it either sensory or intuitive, but not Sensory or Intuitive.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really think Jungian terms apply quite as clearly in these types of situations. I've been in a car dodging situations before, also I've spent a lot of time training muscle memory. I believe there's a quicker path from perceived danger to action that cognition lays the path for, but doesn't get activated by. When it's stimuli - response, it's very much itch-scratch. You could call it either sensory or intuitive, but not Sensory or Intuitive.

Well, technical terminology aside, I believe you know what I mean at least. :p

Nicodemus

I've gotta be missing something here because I don't grasp how matter would be classified as deceased (dead) prior to it having been organized into a being that consumes energy?
I get that we're all merely the current state of recycled matter & energy but I'm pondering what is life if everything is dead prior to it having existed.
Were you hinting towards universal reincarnation?
I was talking about the I as the self-aware consciousness, not the brain which generates it.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Many things have happened to me in my past. But I wouldn't call any of them near death, as I was still breathing and conscious.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was dead before I was born and I will be again after my death.
Okay but what lifeforce (energy) had died prior to your being born as you now exist. I'm pondering some implications had you (mankind) been dead prior to your birth because if such were accurate it may imply life is a cyclic journey throughout the universe.
Maybe you've inadvertently offered me an alternative from pondering the meaning of life & to what future the human race is headed towards. Maybe "life" is nothing more than the current state of matter & energy along it's cyclic journey through time & the universe.

I was talking about the I as the self-aware consciousness, not the brain which generates it.
Okay but how can you have been consciously self aware prior to your existence as a human being with a highly evolved brain capable of perceiving your existence?
In the absense of matter & energy having been organized into "you", could a remnant of consciousness from something you existed as previously have remained intact & somehow retained the energy which some perceived as being the spark of life, aka the soul?
I know it's a slippery slope but I wonder if you perceive that your life energy (soul?) has remained intact & been reincarnated multiple times or whether you somehow were implying that consciousness exists throughout the universe without the requirement of a material host.

I'm not breaking your chops or trolling you, I'm just curious as to why you believe you were consciously aware prior to your having existed in your current state.
I thought that you may have been hinting that consciousness transcends the physical boundary of the material state of being.