User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you ever been dead?

24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 20.83%
  • no

19 79.17%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Have you ever had a near death experience?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

I was in a bad jet ski accident in 2006 or '07. There were two jet skis one right behind the other (back about 30 feet). We we going 60mph and I fell off the one in front. I hit the water then the jet ski behind hit me. I ended up with a dislocated shoulder and had brain swelling. We didn't find out about the brain swelling until I had a CAT scan the next day at the hospital.

I was having a summer fraternity party at my parents house when this happened. After I got hit, I managed to get back up on my jet ski one armed, but I was really tired for some reason. Got back to the house, and they had to keep me from falling asleep for a while (so that I didn't go into a coma). Then I perked up and drank yager until my shoulder stopped hurting.

That's about as close as Ive gotten.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

until you're fully grown Array Holy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I nearly fell out of my chair reading this. 1400? That you are alive is amazing. I had to diagnose my mother's Diabetes since the doctors were ignoring all the signs. She wasn't anywhere near 1400, but her signs and symptoms coupled with her BG of 384 clinched it for me. I sent her to the ER to get some insulin and they checked her into the hospital for 3 days to get stabilized. When it comes to Diabetes, how the medical establishment operates is the equivalent of waiting until someone hits Stage 4 Cancer before informing the patient. The process of diagnosing Diabetes needs a complete overhaul.

How are you doing, now?
    Yes, I wonder about it a lot myself. I have a lot of qualms with the medical industry as a whole. I've had to deal with them since I was small and I feel like the older I get the more aggressively I have to advocate for myself, otherwise I'd be lucky to see another day. I'm glad that you took the same route and I hope your mother is doing better now.

It's a day by day thing. Some are better than others. I'm in the process of recovering from a burnout phase. I have a team to help, so to speak, but as usual, no matter how many things seem to pile on, the more it becomes apparent that I'm really all that I've got. Usually this is a source of comfort, lately though, these kinds of thoughts seem crushingly exhausting. (✖╭╮✖)
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so