User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you ever been dead?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 20.83%
  • no

19 79.17%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well did she have an out of body experience or not? This has me curious. Also, I'm very sorry that your lover left you.
    Again, it could be - I'm not sure, I'll ask her about that. One thing I do know is that she 'woke up' on the day of her funeral.

And it's all right - it's not his fault. It was going to happen sooner or later, and I miss him as a friend rather than as a lover. Also, I did see this inner emotional conflict coming; only I can sort it out. I did tell him that I needed time to sort things out in my life, and this is one of them. I just don't know how he will react if he sees me in this state.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So it was like Pergatory or something?

So your mom had an out of body experience?
    I believe so, I still have little understanding of it, even though I was there almost everyday.
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    No. I simply equated being dead with not being at all.
    I've gotta be missing something here because I don't grasp how matter would be classified as deceased (dead) prior to it having been organized into a being that consumes energy?
    I get that we're all merely the current state of recycled matter & energy but I'm pondering what is life if everything is dead prior to it having existed.
    Were you hinting towards universal reincarnation?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You mean a sensory response, right?
    No, I think I definately mean intuitive.

A sensory response is more like scratching an itch, no?

An intuitive response is a response that does not require conscious thought.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    No, I think I definately mean intuitive.

A sensory response is more like scratching an itch, no?

An intuitive response is a response that does not require conscious thought.
    I don't really think Jungian terms apply quite as clearly in these types of situations. I've been in a car dodging situations before, also I've spent a lot of time training muscle memory. I believe there's a quicker path from perceived danger to action that cognition lays the path for, but doesn't get activated by. When it's stimuli - response, it's very much itch-scratch. You could call it either sensory or intuitive, but not Sensory or Intuitive.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I don't really think Jungian terms apply quite as clearly in these types of situations. I've been in a car dodging situations before, also I've spent a lot of time training muscle memory. I believe there's a quicker path from perceived danger to action that cognition lays the path for, but doesn't get activated by. When it's stimuli - response, it's very much itch-scratch. You could call it either sensory or intuitive, but not Sensory or Intuitive.
    Well, technical terminology aside, I believe you know what I mean at least. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, technical terminology aside, I believe you know what I mean at least. :P
    Heh, yeah, I do. I just thought it'd be fun to play with words.

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    I've gotta be missing something here because I don't grasp how matter would be classified as deceased (dead) prior to it having been organized into a being that consumes energy?
    I get that we're all merely the current state of recycled matter & energy but I'm pondering what is life if everything is dead prior to it having existed.
    Were you hinting towards universal reincarnation?
    I was talking about the I as the self-aware consciousness, not the brain which generates it.

figsfiggyfigs

Many things have happened to me in my past. But I wouldn't call any of them near death, as I was still breathing and conscious.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I was dead before I was born and I will be again after my death.
    Okay but what lifeforce (energy) had died prior to your being born as you now exist. I'm pondering some implications had you (mankind) been dead prior to your birth because if such were accurate it may imply life is a cyclic journey throughout the universe.
    Maybe you've inadvertently offered me an alternative from pondering the meaning of life & to what future the human race is headed towards. Maybe "life" is nothing more than the current state of matter & energy along it's cyclic journey through time & the universe.

I was talking about the I as the self-aware consciousness, not the brain which generates it.
    Okay but how can you have been consciously self aware prior to your existence as a human being with a highly evolved brain capable of perceiving your existence?
    In the absense of matter & energy having been organized into "you", could a remnant of consciousness from something you existed as previously have remained intact & somehow retained the energy which some perceived as being the spark of life, aka the soul?
    I know it's a slippery slope but I wonder if you perceive that your life energy (soul?) has remained intact & been reincarnated multiple times or whether you somehow were implying that consciousness exists throughout the universe without the requirement of a material host.

I'm not breaking your chops or trolling you, I'm just curious as to why you believe you were consciously aware prior to your having existed in your current state.
    I thought that you may have been hinting that consciousness transcends the physical boundary of the material state of being.