• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paranormal things: Do you believe in them?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Considering I thought Mempy was dead, I'm having a paranomal experience right! This! Moment!! :happy2:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to keep an open mind. There's a show called ghost hunt that's been uploaded to youtube, and if you watch episode 9 you can catch the crew visitng the St. James Theater, which has at least a count of 26 paranormal sightings. The photos they took were actually pretty out of it.

2spooky4me 3spooky5me

Mole

Permabanned
A sense of the uncanny, the eerie, or the preternatural, can all be induced in the right kind of trance where are critical faculties are in abeyance.

So it is important to say that the uncanny, the eerie, or the preternatural are only in the eyes of the beholder.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, Im not the type of person to believe in things like ghosts, spirits and such so called paranormal phenomena that people believe without investigation. I guess ghost stories are entertaining though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Absolutely. However, I'm not comfortable with a lot of the terminology. For instance, I find even "do you believe in ghosts?" to be a loaded question because a "ghost" is a definition of an event that I believe is real but am not confident defining. I believe that people who have had experiences like this are truthfully describing a real event, but I am not prepared to ascribe identity, motive, or sentience to those events.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've read several books on paranormal experimentation. For those who are interested in a scientific approach, I'd recommend Dean Radin's 'The Conscious Universe" and also Gary Schwartz's research on spirits.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like the labels but I do believe in it. I've always had a fear/fascination with this stuff. My Nanny and Granpa would tell me what could be called ghost stories when I was very little. It had a big impact on me for a long time...often unpleasant. Now, not so much but there is still a certain respect toward these things.

G

Ginkgo

Intelligent or not, the thought that we're not alone comforts most people. The mind picks up on patterns because patterns help us develop strategies for surviving. However, sometimes patterns don't align with reality so much as they leave a deep, unshakable impression on an individual. There are more self-evident reasons to be skeptical of claims to supernatural experiences than there are reasons to believe in them. With the advantages of human perceptiveness also comes a weakness of impressionability.

I'm not claiming that supernatural phenomenon don't exist, but I will claim that plenty of shysters and confused people exist.

Mole

Permabanned
Absolutely. However, I'm not comfortable with a lot of the terminology. For instance, I find even "do you believe in ghosts?" to be a loaded question because a "ghost" is a definition of an event that I believe is real but am not confident defining. I believe that people who have had experiences like this are truthfully describing a real event, but I am not prepared to ascribe identity, motive, or sentience to those events.

The paranormal are real events but they are events in the imagination, like the movies, or books, or religion.

The work of children is play and the purpose of play is to learn the distinction between imagination and reality. And unfortunately there are those who fail to distinguish between imagination and reality.

So it is wise to judge works of the imagination by their fruits. By their fruits shall ye know them.

Some works of the imagination produce good fruit, while other works of the imagination produce bad fruit.