• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do we exist?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I would like to read that, maybe i could apply it to myself some how, and figure out what my type is

at least get a better understanding.

The key to my own understand was coming to terms with my shadow and rationalizing it as a good quality instead of a bad one.

Write down all your best and worst qualities. Then take the opposites of those words, and that's basically what the people who don't like you see, that you deny exists in yourself.

"Jesus Loves you for who you are!"

Once you figure that part out you should have a better understanding of what it is you actually bring to the world.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
True near death experiences cannot be reproduced, during mine, I found my self in a strange reality only to be attacked and bitten several times, only to awoke with physical pain sensations of the attack.

I heard of these phenomenas. Actually I believe this happens due to the high levels of dopamine in your body during the process of dying. I think it's like being on drugs in a negative state of mind. You don't have to fear death or anything. If you feel anxious, it's best to talk to a therapist about it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The_life_of_Sun-like_stars.jpg

I added this image to my Website at its bottom as a Way of Visualizing the below quote:

8 has Infinities-Ultimate at both ends of spectra that represent 2 expanding Forever double Times.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
True near death experiences cannot be reproduced, during mine, I found my self in a strange reality only to be attacked and bitten several times, only to awoke with physical pain sensations of the attack.

You must have gone to hell. :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use science to validate the mystic book and the mystic book to validate science.

This is what I do. It's really interesting to see how an STP perceives spirituality and how similar it is to my view.

The original question was how do we exist. I came up with something to explain God's location to someone who asked. The answer applies to your question in that it explains why we don't understand such things. I was so proud of myself for the mirror analogy that I told my INTP friend. He laughed and wouldn't explain what was funny about it, so perhaps it is not a good explanation, but I enjoy the thought of it. So here goes (sorry it's long) -

Where is God? Most people believe that God is all around us. God is in front of you and behind you. “Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me” (Psalm 139:5). You can't escape God - “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me” (Psalm 139:7-10). God is also inside you - “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16). This means that God is everywhere.

How is God everywhere? Some believe he exists in the 4th dimension, which is time. In our world, we see only three dimensions – length, depth, and height. We can affect these three dimensions, creating things that are tall, wide, and deep. The 4th dimension, time, we can not affect. No matter what we do, time passes, and we are locked inside of it. It's sort of like if you were your reflection. You would exist in only two dimensions, and maybe you would perceive the third dimension, but could not affect it or interact with it. If you were your reflection, what would be on the other side of the mirror could affect the third dimension, but you could not. All you could do is see it being affected. That's how time is with God. God can affect time - “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened” (Matthew 24:22). The biblical proof of a 4th dimension is Ephesians 3:16-19, which describes 4 dimensions – breadth, length, depth, and height - “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:16-19). Emphasis in Ephesians 3:16-19 is on COMPREHENDING. That's why I don't think "breadth" is the 4th dimension, and not just describing the extent of God's love. Since we can not escape time nor God, I postulate that time is the 4th dimension, and that's where God is located, one place at least. Could be wrong.

I've read that God isn't so far away that we can't perceive him, but rather so close that we overlook him, like a fish looking for water, he's all around us...And as God has the power to affect time around us, we have the power to affect time inside of us. Ever heard the phrase 'time flies when you're having fun?' That is because we are affecting our own time, a power which to some extent we share with God (just a theory that I read somewhere else).

Anyways, in the bible, it says one day we will fully understand. I think it involves coming out from inside the 4th dimension and being able to act on it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Nah more like the borderlands between worlds, as strange as this sound I was given an opportunity of life again by an entity there.

How certain are you that you were given an opportunity of life again by the entity? Did it feel very real?

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
How certain are you that you were given an opportunity of life again by the entity? Did it feel very real?

Are you insinuating that what I was experiencing was nothing more that a hallucination again? The entity removed something from my body during a dream on my deathbed, when I awoke the following morning, I was disease free. Humans just don't go to bed sick and dying, then only to be alive and well the next morning. No hallucination can heal a dying person, something doctors couldn't.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=21203]theDarkSide[/MENTION]

Why only the 4th dimension? Wouldn't God be somewhere above that?.. All of it?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Are you insinuating that what I was experiencing was nothing more that a hallucination again? The entity removed something from my body during a dream on my deathbed, when I awoke the following morning, I was disease free. Humans just don't go to bed sick and dying, then only to be alive and well the next morning. No hallucination can heal a dying person, something doctors couldn't.

So you weren't in a hospital?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Why only the 4th dimension? Wouldn't God be somewhere above that?.. All of it?

Someone replied. Yeah! Thank you!

I did say it was "one place at least" where he was located. I consider it one theoretical piece of a work in progress. I imagine that there are more dimensions, but I haven't come across a bible verse to use as proof, and the one I am using for 4 dimensions is a stretch. And I do have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of a 4th dimension. I don't know how to think about a fifth one.

Sometimes, I see people becoming offended at my interpretation of bible verses. I don't know what they expect me to do with these things if not to understand them in a way that I can. Someone cried and yelled at me for saying that there were UFO's in the bible and went on saying "SO YOU THINK GOD IS AN ALIEN?!?!", which I did not say. Bible verse in question was this one - "And the Lord said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the Lord" (Exodus 19:9). A spacecraft of some sort was used to impress the people so that they would believe. That's how I interpret it, and it seems to me that God wants us to understand him through such things, or he wouldn't have used them. "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?" (John 3:12).

Thank you again for replying. I'm glad someone reads my stuff and gives me an excuse to say more (not sure you asked for more, but I wanted to say more).

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
So you weren't in a hospital?

Indeed, my condition had doctors scratching their heads because they weren't sure what was wrong with me, medications weren't working, so that's when the dreams and healing started.

Some of us peer through different sides of the same looking glass. At one side the right brains perceive the same grand design as supernatural, while the left brains perceive it through science and logic. Perhaps one day when we start to perceive reality in its totality, we will understand the nature of our existence and perhaps uncover the theory of everything.

Last edited:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Your theory is full of misconceptions. I can understand why your INTP friend was a bit amused by it.

Some believe he exists in the 4th dimension, which is time
Actually it's the correlation of space and time according to Einstein.

In our world, we see only three dimensions – length, depth, and height. We can affect these three dimensions, creating things that are tall, wide, and deep
Well, if you are talking about the scientific 3 dimensions this is really wrong. The first dimension is a point with no extensions like height or breadth, like a point in the coordinate system. The second dimension is lenght and breadth without height (e.g.: a straight line in a coord. system) and the third dimension is the world we can actually see. It combines length, depth and height. So the 3 dimensions you are talking about is only one, the third one.

The 4th dimension, time, we can not affect. No matter what we do, time passes, and we are locked inside of it.
Literally it's not quite right according to the theory of relativity, but figuratively I can see what you mean. ;)

Ever heard the phrase 'time flies when you're having fun? That is because we are affecting our own time, a power which to some extent we share with God (just a theory that I read somewhere else).
Yes I have heard that before and it's rather a psychological phenomenon than a superpower.

I see you have put a lot of time into that, but please, don't mix up science with religion and esoteric stuff. This just causes contradictions and quoting bible passages doesn't make it more credible.