• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do we exist?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The_life_of_Sun-like_stars.jpg

I see lots of hydrogen and oxygen there too. :)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I see lots of hydrogen and oxygen there too. :)

Are you playing devils advocate?

Those words were created sometime recently. What word would you use if you wanted to dezcribe the substance humans were formed from if you were alive thousands of years ago?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Are you playing devils advocate?

Those words were created sometime recently. What word would you use if you wanted to dezcribe the substance humans were formed from if you were alive thousands of years ago?

So you're saying the bible was right? simply because it was stated thousands of years ago?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So you're saying the bible was right? simply because it was stated thousands of years ago?

Partially.

Also keep in mind if the bible were to say "humans were formed with carbon hydrogen nitrogen oxygen etc" then it would completely remove credibility from the bible having all of the answers. Otherwise it would have to have 1trillion more bible verses talking about all the elements,all the types of frogs, all the planets in the universe, etc.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
You cannot see into my mind, nor, apparently, understand the nuances of what I say. I know because they are my thoughts and my words.

First you said time itself began with the big bang, then you contradict yourself and say "time in our universe began with the big bang" which is what I was proving all along.

True, but that has never been in question.

So what was the question?

Nicodemus

No because first you said Time itself began with the big bang, then you contradict yourself and say "time in our universe began with the big bang" which is what I was proving all along.
I think they are the same. How do you suppose time existed before it began with the big bang? If 'it' existed in other universes, is it the same 'time'? Do we know anything about it, these universes themselves being hypothetical? So, what we know (as in: what we have sufficient reason to believe) is that time began with the big bang, that there is no 'before'.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think they are the same. How do you suppose time existed before it began with the big bang? If 'it' existed in other universes, is it the same 'time'? Do we know anything about it, these universes themselves being hypothetical? So, what we know (as in: what we have sufficient reason to believe) is that time began with the big bang, that there is no 'before'.

No the beginning of time itself and the beginning time in our universe are NOT the same. If you studied anything about what Stephen Hawking says about black holes and M theory you would know that the explanation of other universes provides evidence of what is happening in our own universe. And if you were correct then where does matter go inside a black hole? black holes clearly exist in our universe.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So how am I wrong by saying the forest requires an observer to exist? It's an age old question that can't be answered really.

Well you arent I guess. But that statement is only one side of the coin.

My point is that many people view life in the lense they want to see it. Atheists view themselves as god and masters of existence. Christians who are mistaken believe existence pupeteers us (aka god pupeteers us). However both perspectives are not are not wrong. The middle ground is one of yin and yang, where the external combine with the internal to form a complete picture that god gives us strength that only he can provide to control our own existence.

Why do we exist?

Why does existence exist?

Who knows. Play the game or give up.

Nicodemus

No the beginning of time itself and the beginning time in our universe are NOT the same. If you studied anything about what Stephen Hawking says about black holes and M theory you would know that the explanation of other universes provides evidence of what is happening in our own universe. And if you were correct then where does matter go inside a black hole? black holes clearly exist in our universe.
Then tell me why instead of merely alluding to arguments.

Atheists view themselves as god and masters of existence.
Nonsense.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
"Why" is the question we have to answer on our own.

Unless science finds it out.

@prplchcknz If the Big Rip theory is right, there will "nothing" again.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Unless science finds it out.

If the Big Rip theory is right, there will "nothing" again.

I'm partial to the idea that this universe has existed multiple times, and it keeps coming back til everything is perfect, like the creator is OCD