User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 187

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If that proves your point, there is no disagreement. I suspect we simply have different definitions of 'true' and 'exist'. But, if Cartesian self-awareness truly is your idea of existence, I think you should have a hard time claiming even as much as you already have.
    No you're just contradicting yourself. Cartesian self-awareness is the fundamental basis of awareness, because without our minds we would not even have the ability to contemplate our universe.

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Didn't you just say you believe in the bible, that we spawned from dust? now I'm confused.
    Define dust.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No you're just contradicting yourself.
    Certainly not. I am just more aware of the meaning behind my words.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Cartesian self-awareness is the fundamental basis of awareness, because without our minds we would not even have the universe to contemplate.
    That does not make it the basis of existence, though. Do you think the forest would vanish if nobody saw it?

  4. #54
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    if you want to get extremely technical I believe we evolved from an amoeba.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Define dust.
    I'm not going to get into some metaphorical bible argument. We didn't spawn from dust, period.

  6. #56
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm not going to get into some metaphorical bible argument. We didn't spawn from dust, period.

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm not going to get into some metaphorical bible argument. We didn't spawn from dust, period.
    In the eyes of a timeless god I dont see why we didnt.

    Ive always interpreted it as being like a montage.

    But ok. If you only view the bible through the lense of Te then you will continue to be atheist.

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if you want to get extremely technical I believe we evolved from an amoeba.
    Yes and where did amoebas come from?

    Quick lesson to those who dont know. Long Long ago the earth was extremely oxygen rich and there were also lots of thunder storms and shit and somewhere in all of that nucleotides formed which magically tetrissed together to form DNA and then this "dust" started moving.

    Fast forward a few years and human perception was born.

  9. #59
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Yes and where did amoebas come from?
    that's a good question,
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Certainly not. I am just more aware of the meaning behind my words.
    Actually you're less aware.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That does not make it the basis of existence, though. Do you think the forest would vanish if nobody saw it?
    The forest would still exist but it still requires an observer.

Similar Threads

  1. How do we feel about this?
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
  2. [MBTItm] So, how do "we" do it?
    By GargoylesLegacy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 10:10 AM
  3. How do we gain power over death?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
  5. how do we learn morals
    By passingby in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO