User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

To add to the OP, how is it that we have a beginning of time? Surely something existed before all of this happened? Because even if there was NOTHING, it still existed before the existence of something. That brings me to the paradoxical conclusion that our environments has already existed for forever. But if we already existed for forever, then that must mean that we cannot exist simply because time continues to go forth into the past and must mean somehow, the universe has been created from nothing. Only one of these things will be true. Or if both aren't, we were somehow skipped to infinity o clock.

This (the infinite past) would have meant the night sky would be as bright as the surface of the sun. At this time, the big bang, all the matter in the universe would exist as an amount that has cometh to the end of infinity, which would mean it is a singularity and directly contradicts the laws of physics. Though since events before the big bang have no observational consequences, it is better to assume we DID have a big bang that began the life of everything. The previous events are not defined and thus not measurable. These questions have been pondered on throughout the 19th and 20th centuries by all sorts. No solid conclusion has been formed, but I can direct you to a website which has a plethora of information about the epoch of our time that is, Stephen Hawking: http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html.

I've read somewhere that we are only infinite to ourselves. What I mean by this is that, for example, a 2d drawing can walk around a circle forever but seemingly travel for an eternity. To us, the circle is observed as a finite two dimensional figure with no starting point. The fourth dimension observes us the same way. Then the fith. Then the sixth.

What I'm interested in is how the universe will eventually collapse (oh noes D: ). How will it reach out to the infinite spectral building that is the universe? Will it end up collapsing faster than it is expanding? And how is it even suppose to collapse exactly?

So what do you think?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    "Explanation" does not mean "Theory" or "Model" -- it's a semantic issue. Put down your bong, I repeat.
    The explanation is embedded within the theory, you're slow.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Quantum Mechanics is our most accurate fact about the physical world.

And Quantum Mechanics says there are no black holes because at the edge of a gravity-well time and space become chaotic.
    There are black holes everywhere in the universe. It's not a theory it's a fact.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The explanation is embedded within the theory, you're slow.
    You were careless in your language.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    There are black holes everywhere in the universe. It's not a theory it's a fact.
    The theory of black holes is based on the Relativity of Albert Einstein. Albert rejected Quantum Mechanics saying God does not play dice.

However Quantum Mechanics is now our most accurate physical fact.

And Quantum Mechanics gives an entirely different picture of a gravity-well than Relativity.

Relativity gave us an impossible singularity at the heart of a so called black hole, while Quantum Mechanics gives us the physical facts about time and space at the edge of gravity-well.

So if you support Relativity you are left with a physically impossible singularity at the heart of a 'black hole', whereas if you support Quantum Mechanics you are left with the physical facts of time and space.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetary Walker View Post
    What I'm interested in is how the universe will eventually collapse (oh noes D: ). How will it reach out to the infinite spectral building that is the universe? Will it end up collapsing faster than it is expanding? And how is it even suppose to collapse exactly?

So what do you think?
    We have recently discovered that our universe will not collapse, rather time and space will keep on expanding at an accelerating rate, even exceeding the speed of light.

MBTI
    yupp

if the universe is going to collapse, I hope it happens in my lifetime (I'd say ours, but some of you are going to die before me, so I have to make it selfish) because I want to see what'll look like
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if the universe is going to collapse, I hope it happens in my lifetime (I'd say ours, but some of you are going to die before me, so I have to make it selfish) because I want to see what'll look like
    It will be pretty grand and badass if it were to.

WALMART

science answers some questions, but not all.
    "Science" encompasses all existence, as abstracted from the noumenon.

It was a fallacy when @Zangetshumody said science cannot equal truth given the confines of its own scope, but what he failed to take into account was that science never sleeps - his argument would be like subtracting one from infinity.

Ginkgo

this is something that's always blown my mind. The universe's existence, It's like how did we get here? I'm not sure, how can something come from nothing? it has to be a trick. Maybe we're part of some dmt thing and we're just a dream and trillion years for us is like 5-10 minutes. I don't get it. If you think about we shouldn't exist. Like the universe use to not exist and now it does. How does that work?If there's a creator, he/she came from nothing if there's a lineage of them (which is what I believe) where did the first one came from? I don't fucking know. I'll never know, I don't think ghosts even know. The only thing ghosts have privvy to that would partially answer this question is what happens once we're dead
    A far more approachable question than "Why do we exist?".