User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I heard of these phenomenas. Actually I believe this happens due to the high levels of dopamine in your body during the process of dying. I think it's like being on drugs in a negative state of mind. You don't have to fear death or anything. If you feel anxious, it's best to talk to a therapist about it.
    1) Don't you mean ketamine?
    2) Dr. Eben Alexander (Harvard neurosurgeon) had his own near-death experience and ended up researching the topic; a book he wrote pretty much disposes of the idea that near-death experiences can be attributed to chemical influx in the brain during they dying process.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    @theDarkSide

Why only the 4th dimension? Wouldn't God be somewhere above that?.. All of it?
    Eternity? Infinity?
    ...Hilbert space?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

There is being and there is existence.

You and I are beings, while shale exists.

As beings we are aware of being and non-being.

Shale though is not aware of existing or not existing.

Matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, whereas a being like you or I can be created and destroyed. And we know it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    1) Don't you mean ketamine?
    2) Dr. Eben Alexander (Harvard neurosurgeon) had his own near-death experience and ended up researching the topic; a book he wrote pretty much disposes of the idea that near-death experiences can be attributed to chemical influx in the brain during they dying process.
    No I meant dopamine. There is a large release of dopamine during dying and that could cause these experiences. I haven't heard of the book before but I will maybe have a look into it.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    @Avalon was their any external factors that could have preciptated your illness?
    I cannot remember, although I don't think there were any. My illness manifested like numerous diseases, externally my body was severely sick, but blood tests proved that nothing was wrong with me. There were no bacterial, viral or any chemical agents present whatsoever.
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Put down your bong.
    An "explanation" is not SUFFICIENT evidence.
    At least, that is supposed to be the grounds for choosing empiricism over, say, scholasticism, authority, or mysticism.

Either that, or you're tripping over your words in your haste to get them out.

Take a deep breath, type more slowly, and try again.
    Wrong I'm surprised you still haven't understood how string theory provides a good explanation on how black holes and gravity work.Things that cannot be explained properly without mentioning other dimensions. Good job

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Wrong I'm surprised you still haven't understood how string theory provides a good explanation on how black holes and gravity work.Things that cannot be explained properly without mentioning other dimensions. Good job
    "Explanation" does not mean "Theory" or "Model" -- it's a semantic issue. Put down your bong, I repeat.

Socionics
    ILI

We exist simply because non-existence in the first person is impossible due to a paradox created by the infinite potential that comprises non-existence. (Non-existence is only achievable in the third-person reference frame provided by existence, i.e. conceptual non-existence)

Assuming that this presupposition is correct, we are here because existence operates on the foundation of circular reasoning (existence exists simply because it is impossible for existence to not exist).

Permabanned

My thoughts;

Ya'll are cute.

What do you mean by "the universe"? Do you mean "you"? Or do you mean "the physical universe"? Because op talks about "we" as in people...and then somehow we're talking about "the universe" as in something physical.

So, which is it? How did people come to exist in their current form? Or how did the physical earth come to exist?

Consider this; We developed each of the five senses we posses at different times in our evolution. (Guess which sense came first...?). Given that, when we talk of the "universe", we only are ever talking about "our perception of the universe". We could, and probably are, still evolving a different sense by which to perceive the universe around us. So, different "universes" (the hearing universe, the seeing universe) came existence at different times. Of course, to you, you think it's all the same universe (the same sense) (because you all just started perceiving this all at the same time) but it isn't. A blind person, or a deaf person...their "universe" is completely different. Do you get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    This is a graph about the increase in world population. Just sayin'.

The second stage. People call it "the singularity" and think it's still to come. The singularity has been here for the last 100 years, almost. People are so myopic...

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    me too. never had one personally. I would so be dead a few weeks if I was guaranteed to come back to life
    I've thought this before. But, what if you couldn't come back? Would you go then? If you had a choice? Or, are you one to cling on to this existence for as long as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    S is a good letter because it is the opened and expanded version of 8 unleashed to Everyone's Omega!
    This is surprisingly funny.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    My thoughts;

Ya'll are cute.

What do you mean by "the universe"? Do you mean "you"? Or do you mean "the physical universe"? Because op talks about "we" as in people...and then somehow we're talking about "the universe" as in something physical.

So, which is it? How did people come to exist in their current form? Or how did the physical earth come to exist?
    everything. like how do we know what we know about the universe, and does the universe actually exist (yes I know this is a common question) and if it does what was there before?

I've thought this before. But, what if you couldn't come back? Would you go then? If you had a choice? Or, are you one to cling on to this existence for as long as possible?

I said if I was guaranteed to come back. But if I chose to stay, I would. I'm actually not one to cling to this existence for as long as possible. I'm actually not as far as I want to be and I'm approaching 30...so I might go into the after life some entity offered, even if I wasn't guaranteed on coming back. though if I did come back I'd write a book, unless there's a contract saying I can't. Probably is. but i'll know, and people won't believe me, so there's no point.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so