User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Indeed, my condition had doctors scratching their heads because they weren't sure what was wrong with me, medications weren't working, so that's when the dreams and healing started.

Some of us peer through different sides of the same looking glass. At one side the right brains perceive the same grand design as supernatural, while the left brains perceive it through science and logic. Perhaps one day when we start to perceive reality in its totality, we will understand the nature of our existence and the and uncover the theory of everything.
    Strange, I never heard something like this before. I'm glad got through this shit.

Btw, how sure are you of being an INTP? You have this NF vibe.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    yupp

@Avalon was their any external factors that could have preciptated your illness?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

@theDarkSide

The Bible has it's uses, but this is not one of them.

You're better off trying to figure it out on your own, in my opinion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    @theDarkSide

The Bible has it's uses, but this is not one of them.

You're better off trying to figure it out on your own, in my opinion.
    The bible isn't meant to help in understanding questions about one's existence?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    The bible isn't meant to help in understanding questions about one's existence?
    I don't think so, no. It's more of a distraction from understanding the nature of our existence. I think of it more of a guide for morality, and even then.. It's usefulness is limited.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    @theDarkSide

I see you have put a lot of time into that, but please, don't mix up science with religion and esoteric stuff. This just causes contradictions and quoting bible passages doesn't make it more credible.
    You are so adorable with your little Einstein stuff. I have so much respect for it. I promise I'll work it into my theories about esoteric/religious stuff later, but right now I don't have time.

Infinite Bubble

I don't think we're intelligent enough to answer the question. There's probably a vast amount of concepts that we're unable to comprehend*. Things that are incompatible with brain structure. The very fact there's a particular structure determines what information can and can't be comprehended. We can get so far, by applying model-dependent realism.

I've some pet guinea pigs. How could they possibly comprehend that they're kept as pets in a habitat artificially created by human beings? Or any other animals in fact: the modern world around them, the idea of it being created by us, and the technology used... it's very much beyond them, never mind the universe beyond earth.

We'll be in a similar situation with aspects of the universe. The answer to this question, being so fundamental, is probably one of them. Imagine what we'd know simply with a slightly larger and more efficient brain. How much more would be comprehensible then? What new ideas would be available to us?

*Evolution and scientific progression may slowly enable more complex ideas to be accessible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What are you talking about? Stephen Hawking leans toward the notion of the pre-big bang aka "M" theory. That we live in a multiverse not a universe.

I think therefore I am.
    I wish I'd saved the article, but Lawrence Krauss was quoted writing to another cosmologist to be careful of how they presented M-theory in public because it looked a lot like trying to avoid the Big Bang, in order to avoid anything that resembled special creation. Saw this about a year, year and a half ago.
    For the nonce, I think it's fun to point out that M-theory violates the f*ck out of Occam's razor.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

No the beginning of time itself and the beginning time in our universe are NOT the same. If you studied anything about what Stephen Hawking says about black holes and M theory you would know that the explanation of other universes provides evidence of what is happening in our own universe. And if you were correct then where does matter go inside a black hole? black holes clearly exist in our universe.
    Put down your bong.
    An "explanation" is not SUFFICIENT evidence.
    At least, that is supposed to be the grounds for choosing empiricism over, say, scholasticism, authority, or mysticism.

Either that, or you're tripping over your words in your haste to get them out.

Take a deep breath, type more slowly, and try again.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think people have a hard time understanding how clueless we really are about the universe because they have been spoon fed religion all their lives.
    naah, you're projecting.
    They don't understand how clueless we really are about the Universe because they watch Nova and read Sagan and Dawkins.
    Because SCIENCE (TM).