User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default What are your beliefs?

these are personal to me, and what you believe or don't believe I'm not going to try and disprove because what it comes down to is it doesn't matter

I believe there is a creator, and he made the rules which is how the laws of physics, evolution, the big bang, ect are possible. I believe that he wouldn't punish someone for simply not believing in him. I also believe he has a creator who has a creator ect, but each creator created their own universe so the only creator that matters to us is the one in charge of this universe. but he takes on many different forms, ie he morphs. And this is what I believe, because I can't phathom the universe just simply existing. Which is why what you believe or don't believe in doesn't matter, because he simply doesn't care, he just has our best interest in mind. Each universe has it's own set of rules, so what applies to this universe might not apply to another. The rules can overlap, but it's the creators' vision of how an universe is or isn't

so what are your beliefs, I am curious.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Socionics
    ILI

Reintegration and that all religions are metaphors humanizing existence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I believe in a divinity bigger than I can understand which encompasses everything and which everything is a part of. Panendeism.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hartshorne
    [Panentheism/deism] can best be understood through an analogy: just as a single organism exists both as a collection of semiautonomous, individual cells and as an autonomous individual who is more than just a collection of cells, god can be seen as both a collection of all the constituent parts of reality and as "something more" than the universe itself. Although we, along with the rest of existence, can be thought of as part of god's "body," god's mind or consciousness extends beyond that body and causes god to be more than just a collection of parts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way...

I feel that the world should be a certain way and people should behave a certain way. I understand that me acting on those values puts me in conflict with the status quo at times, and those who disagree and who may only be wrong by my point of view. I think that my point of view on these matters are entirely a matter of nature and nurture and don't embody some sort of universal ideal.

But, I shall continue to enact my values as if they do. I think the foundations we stand on we make ourselves. I believe that the idea that there may be a higher power does not matter. Either way, our existence and everything we need to know has manifested in us and that which is before us.

Sometimes it's best not to try to make sense of everything.

I don't believe in any god nor any creation myth, but if there is one I believe that this being would be something along the lines of what you have described, Prpl. It certainly wouldn't give a damn about having worshippers, which is where the consistencies of many religions fall apart.

I think you have an enlightened view about it Prpl, even if I don't share it.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

L.O.V.E. baby

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

In the deep sea there is probably ancient intelligent life with all kindsa dark magic. Spooky stuff.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I believe in science.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Reintegration and that all religions are metaphors humanizing existence.
    I agree.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

It would be really nice to meet up in heaven but I don't think that's likely I don't believe there's god the creator.
    It is depressing since fading into oblivion is not a comforting idea, believers have it easier in that regard.
    I wonder if our faith in God is a product of our minds, an attempt rationalize our pretty random and senseless existence.
    I also believe that the meaning of life is whatever meaning we give it.