• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just love God so much and wanted to make a thread to honor Him.

I would love for everyone to know Him and love Him too.

Any experiences about God lately, or thoughts you want to share?

Also, I'd love to dialogue with you about God related issues.

If you have questions, please share them.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

And when we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place where some holy spectacle lies
When we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And when we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place where some holy spectacle lies
When we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

God is a teacher of patience, that is true.

But He also brings so much richness to a life during the waiting.

Living in the world is full of waiting. Waiting for the next paycheck. Waiting for the weekend. Waiting for the next boyfriend or girlfriend. At least waiting with God is purposeful.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

God is a teacher of patience, that is true.

But He also brings so much richness to a life during the waiting.

Living in the world is full of waiting. Waiting for the next paycheck. Waiting for the weekend. Waiting for the next boyfriend or girlfriend. At least waiting with God is purposeful.

:)

inventor

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
I just love God so much and wanted to make a thread to honor Him.

I would love for everyone to know Him and love Him too.

Any experiences about God lately, or thoughts you want to share?

Also, I'd love to dialogue with you about God related issues.

If you have questions, please share them.

Probably the most recent one was when I was going to commit suicide, and I heard a voice tell me "don't worry, you have a purpose".

Not having a purpose was one of the main reasons I felt like committing suicide. I still have a long road to recovery, and I know many think this to be a back step, some sort of psychosis, but all that matters is what I felt that day, and moment.

I don't have any religious views, I'm not even sure the bible is true, I do have an intuitive realization of god though.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love when you write like that~

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Suicide

Probably the most recent one was when I was going to commit suicide, and I heard a voice tell me "don't worry, you have a purpose".

Not having a purpose was one of the main reasons I felt like committing suicide. I still have a long road to recovery, and I know many think this to be a back step, some sort of psychosis, but all that matters is what I felt that day, and moment.

I don't have any religious views, I'm not even sure the bible is true, I do have an intuitive realization of god though.

I think the urge to commit suicide is just a strong manifestation that we are ready to die to our old life. Instead of having a physical death, we need a psychical death and a spiritual rebirth.

Getting to the place of contemplating suicide is considered someplace that we shouldn't go, nor want to go. It is taboo in our society. But to me, it's a sign someone needs to make a change and wants something to drastically change.

The task is getting them to give the pain they are feeling to God, and dying to their old life, so that they can be born again with God. That is when life truly begins.

Last edited:

inventor

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
I think the urge to commit suicide is just a strong manifestation that we are ready to die to our old life. Instead of having a physical death, we need a psychical death and a spiritual rebirth.

Getting to the place of contemplating suicide is considered someplace that we shouldn't go, nor want to go. It is taboo in our society. But to me, it's a sign someone needs to make a change and wants something to drastically change.

The task is getting them to give the pain they are feeling to God, and dying to their old life, so that they can be born again with God. That is when life truly begins.

That's an interesting idea. I attempted suicide in Jan 2013, then this time was in December 2013, I was really feeling like doing it, and that was what was different the urge to die was very, very strong. I even knew how I was going to do it to. At 6:13 am a train pulls into station, I was going to walk there, and jump in front of it the next day. Then I prayed, and heard the voice. I've been depressed off, and on ever since.

But....

There had been changes in my spirituality though ever since, I no longer believe the religion I grew up with, and I feel I have progressed in my spiritual knowledge. I haven't done the last part of what you said though. I don't know what that means.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's an interesting idea. I attempted suicide in Jan 2013, then this time was in December 2013, I was really feeling like doing it, and that was what was different the urge to die was very, very strong. I even knew how I was going to do it to. At 6:13 am a train pulls into station, I was going to walk there, and jump in front of it the next day. Then I prayed, and heard the voice. I've been depressed off, and on ever since.

But....

There had been changes in my spirituality though ever since, I no longer believe the religion I grew up with, and I feel I have progressed in my spiritual knowledge. I haven't done the last part of what you said though. I don't know what that means.

Acknowledging to God that you are suffering and that you want to die is the first step. You can verbally cry out to Him to take you, to release you, to relieve you of the burden of your current life. He knows you are suffering and He will not let you suffer to death. But you have to keep the line of communication open, because if you don't, it's YOU closing it, not Him. He is your Lifeline.

In the meantime, be obedient and read the Bible. Give your life up to Him, acknowledge that Jesus was His perfect Son who came to die for all of us, and that we'll never be perfect, and that's okay. We have to acknowledge that though. Men tend to have a lot of pride, which comes between them and God. Lay down your pride, and be humbled before the King. Ask Him to give you a new life and tell Him you will dedicate it to Him, and doing His will. And mean it! Your life is not yours anyway. It's His.

Realize that you are no accident. To be born is overcoming a trillion-to-one odds! He told you He had a purpose for you. Have you asked Him what that purpose is, besides pleasing Him?

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus believed metal illness was caused by demons, so He cured the sufferer of mental illness by casting out the demons.

Christians today perform exorcisms like Jesus, from the Roman Catholics with their official Exorcist to the Protestants who perform exorcisms on a more personal basis.

We learnt during the Enlightenment that Clinical Depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Jesus believed metal illness was caused by demons, so He cured the sufferer of mental illness by casting out the demons.

Christians today perform exorcisms like Jesus, from the Roman Catholics with their official Exorcist to the Protestants who perform exorcisms on a more personal basis.

We learnt during the Enlightenment that depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.

What does this have to do with God?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

We learnt during the Enlightenment that depression is not caused by demons but is an illness of the mind.

This generalization is akin to saying something like: "The confederate soldiers during the Civil War fought to keep slavery. Now, everyone in the South wishes they could re-enslave the minority groups there." Which is of course, utterly ridiculous.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Christians believe that Jesus is God, and specifically, Jesus is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So your post is about people, not God.

Thanks for making me read that same post for probably the fourth time now.

Mole

Permabanned
So your post is about people, not God.

Thanks for making me read that same post for probably the fourth time now.

Do we have our wires crossed?

I am saying that Jesus, who Christians believe is God, exorcised demons.

And I am saying that the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant Churches exorcise demons today in imitation of Jesus their God.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Do we have our wires crossed?

I am saying that Jesus, who Christians believe is God, exorcised demons.

And I am saying that the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant Churches exorcise demons today in imitation of Jesus their God.

Do you have your own views on God?

Or are you just going to criticize Christians? Which is very easy to do.

Mole

Permabanned
Do you have your own views on God?

Or are you just going to criticize Christians? Which is very easy to do.

I don't share the belief of the God Jesus that Depression is caused by demons. I believe that Depression is a mental illness best treated by a psychiatrist.

It is likely that God and demons don't exist so we can relax and enjoy life.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't share the belief of the God Jesus that Depression is caused by demons. I believe that Depression is a mental illness best treated by a psychiatrist.

It is likely that God and demons don't exist so we can relax and enjoy life.

Are you holding back?

inventor

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
Acknowledging to God that you are suffering and that you want to die is the first step. You can verbally cry out to Him to take you, to release you, to relieve you of the burden of your current life. He knows you are suffering and He will not let you suffer to death. But you have to keep the line of communication open, because if you don't, it's YOU closing it, not Him. He is your Lifeline.

In the meantime, be obedient and read the Bible. Give your life up to Him, acknowledge that Jesus was His perfect Son who came to die for all of us, and that we'll never be perfect, and that's okay. We have to acknowledge that though. Men tend to have a lot of pride, which comes between them and God. Lay down your pride, and be humbled before the King. Ask Him to give you a new life and tell Him you will dedicate it to Him, and doing His will. And mean it! Your life is not yours anyway. It's His.

Realize that you are no accident. To be born is overcoming a trillion-to-one odds! He told you He had a purpose for you. Have you asked Him what that purpose is, besides pleasing Him?

Well my problem with the whole Jesus, and bible thing is the bible is 50% violence, god acts like Zeus, and war, and the other is ok, but that 50% I cannot accept.