failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default The GOD Thread~

I just love God so much and wanted to make a thread to honor Him.

I would love for everyone to know Him and love Him too.

Any experiences about God lately, or thoughts you want to share?

Also, I'd love to dialogue with you about God related issues.

If you have questions, please share them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

ndovjtjcaqidthi

And when we break we'll wait for our miracle
    God is a place where some holy spectacle lies
    When we break we'll wait for our miracle
    God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    And when we break we'll wait for our miracle
    God is a place where some holy spectacle lies
    When we break we'll wait for our miracle
    God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life
    God is a teacher of patience, that is true.

But He also brings so much richness to a life during the waiting.

Living in the world is full of waiting. Waiting for the next paycheck. Waiting for the weekend. Waiting for the next boyfriend or girlfriend. At least waiting with God is purposeful.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    God is a teacher of patience, that is true.

But He also brings so much richness to a life during the waiting.

Living in the world is full of waiting. Waiting for the next paycheck. Waiting for the weekend. Waiting for the next boyfriend or girlfriend. At least waiting with God is purposeful.
    :)

God is in the space between us...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram

I just love God so much and wanted to make a thread to honor Him.

I would love for everyone to know Him and love Him too.

Any experiences about God lately, or thoughts you want to share?

Also, I'd love to dialogue with you about God related issues.

If you have questions, please share them.
    Probably the most recent one was when I was going to commit suicide, and I heard a voice tell me "don't worry, you have a purpose".

Not having a purpose was one of the main reasons I felt like committing suicide. I still have a long road to recovery, and I know many think this to be a back step, some sort of psychosis, but all that matters is what I felt that day, and moment.

I don't have any religious views, I'm not even sure the bible is true, I do have an intuitive realization of god though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I love when you write like that~

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    Probably the most recent one was when I was going to commit suicide, and I heard a voice tell me "don't worry, you have a purpose".

Not having a purpose was one of the main reasons I felt like committing suicide. I still have a long road to recovery, and I know many think this to be a back step, some sort of psychosis, but all that matters is what I felt that day, and moment.

I don't have any religious views, I'm not even sure the bible is true, I do have an intuitive realization of god though.

I think the urge to commit suicide is just a strong manifestation that we are ready to die to our old life. Instead of having a physical death, we need a psychical death and a spiritual rebirth.

Getting to the place of contemplating suicide is considered someplace that we shouldn't go, nor want to go. It is taboo in our society. But to me, it's a sign someone needs to make a change and wants something to drastically change.

The task is getting them to give the pain they are feeling to God, and dying to their old life, so that they can be born again with God. That is when life truly begins.
    Last edited by AphroditeGoneAwry; 02-10-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram

I think the urge to commit suicide is just a strong manifestation that we are ready to die to our old life. Instead of having a physical death, we need a psychical death and a spiritual rebirth.

Getting to the place of contemplating suicide is considered someplace that we shouldn't go, nor want to go. It is taboo in our society. But to me, it's a sign someone needs to make a change and wants something to drastically change.

The task is getting them to give the pain they are feeling to God, and dying to their old life, so that they can be born again with God. That is when life truly begins.
    That's an interesting idea. I attempted suicide in Jan 2013, then this time was in December 2013, I was really feeling like doing it, and that was what was different the urge to die was very, very strong. I even knew how I was going to do it to. At 6:13 am a train pulls into station, I was going to walk there, and jump in front of it the next day. Then I prayed, and heard the voice. I've been depressed off, and on ever since.

But....

There had been changes in my spirituality though ever since, I no longer believe the religion I grew up with, and I feel I have progressed in my spiritual knowledge. I haven't done the last part of what you said though. I don't know what that means.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    That's an interesting idea. I attempted suicide in Jan 2013, then this time was in December 2013, I was really feeling like doing it, and that was what was different the urge to die was very, very strong. I even knew how I was going to do it to. At 6:13 am a train pulls into station, I was going to walk there, and jump in front of it the next day. Then I prayed, and heard the voice. I've been depressed off, and on ever since.

But....

There had been changes in my spirituality though ever since, I no longer believe the religion I grew up with, and I feel I have progressed in my spiritual knowledge. I haven't done the last part of what you said though. I don't know what that means.
    Acknowledging to God that you are suffering and that you want to die is the first step. You can verbally cry out to Him to take you, to release you, to relieve you of the burden of your current life. He knows you are suffering and He will not let you suffer to death. But you have to keep the line of communication open, because if you don't, it's YOU closing it, not Him. He is your Lifeline.

In the meantime, be obedient and read the Bible. Give your life up to Him, acknowledge that Jesus was His perfect Son who came to die for all of us, and that we'll never be perfect, and that's okay. We have to acknowledge that though. Men tend to have a lot of pride, which comes between them and God. Lay down your pride, and be humbled before the King. Ask Him to give you a new life and tell Him you will dedicate it to Him, and doing His will. And mean it! Your life is not yours anyway. It's His.

Realize that you are no accident. To be born is overcoming a trillion-to-one odds! He told you He had a purpose for you. Have you asked Him what that purpose is, besides pleasing Him?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com