• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

93JC

The Bible is the search engine of your soul.

A lot of people out there go on Google for information, they go "Oh, hmm, well let me see what's goin' on. What were the latest box office receipts of the last Die Hard movie? That's unfortunate. Bet they'll make another one." That kind of stuff, you know what'm sayin'?

The Bible is the Google of your soul. You don't google it, you bible it! You got troubles in your life? You bible it. Havin' marital problems? You bible it.

Not from just any bible, the New New King James Version. Twice as new, like detergent filled with crystals that will open your mind as you read it. New New; that's twice as New. Two times!

We all know the Book of Genesis's written by Phil Collins. Because when we study his lyrics we see "I can feel it coming in the air tonight"—wait for it—"OH LORD, OH LORD." That's how you know! Amen!

Mole

Permabanned
The Bible is the search engine of your soul.

A lot of people out there go on Google for information, they go "Oh, hmm, well let me see what's goin' on. What were the latest box office receipts of the last Die Hard movie? That's unfortunate. Bet they'll make another one." That kind of stuff, you know what'm sayin'?

The Bible is the Google of your soul. You don't google it, you bible it! You got troubles in your life? You bible it. Havin' marital problems? You bible it.

Not from just any bible, the New New King James Version. Twice as new, like detergent filled with crystals that will open your mind as you read it. New New; that's twice as New. Two times!

We all know the Book of Genesis's written by Phil Collins. Because when we study his lyrics we see "I can feel it coming in the air tonight"—wait for it—"OH LORD, OH LORD." That's how you know! Amen!

We can find anything we like in the Bible, quite like the I Ching or astrology, or even mbti.

So what we see in the Bible is ourself.

So the personal interpretation of the Bible is the begining of narcissism.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

We can find anything we like in the Bible, quite like the I Ching or astrology, or even mbti.

So what we see in the Bible is ourself.

So the personal interpretation of the Bible is the begining of narcissism.

Or it's that there are some truths contained in each of them.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do love me some John. :)

I am always afraid of giving too much emphasis to:
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Because love does not include compromising your heart of understanding to another's vanity (because that takes your belief away from God and yokes you together with that darkness in their mind); by placing a force of understanding from inside the mind, to an outside authority (or idol worship).

We should believe on one another as real trust is forged, this is done by learning about each other's real circumstances that cause what looks like aberrant behavior (because there is always a historical explanation for a 'fault'): although some people don't like to make their past known:- because it will often uncover the darkness that they cling too.
The darkness is the darkness of not understanding (which is the spiritual nakedness that Adam and Eve were ignorant of before they ate of the fruit (which is connected to the fleshly urge of not wanting to admit to doing anything evil).
Not wanting to admit to having done evil can have many explanations depending on your context, it can be said to be a relic of evolution, or how cultural evolution developed along with the evolution of language: but it is all found in Genesis Chapter 1 if you read it with a spiritual mind or according to the right Gospel.

What entity in this world has ever openly declared that they were evil, and that what was done was such that forgiveness through penance was not an option? Who would only offer truth in order to forge their reconciliation; because only such actions can nourish understanding, and foster the true heart of understanding. But there can be elements in humanity who would rather die or kill before obtaining true understanding (because they are content with 'other Gods' outside of themselves (idols)).

Most entities will offer explanation to offset blame, they never bare the blame themselves. Only if you first bear the blame without reservation, can the truth be known. This is the gift of Christ.

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk_14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Just because you employ the gift of the Christ does not make you Jesus Christ, it just makes you a man working out his soul salvation:
Mat_10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The point is, it is not a title (to be Jesus Christ himself) that the chosen (of God) are seeking to attain, it is the mind of Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Last edited:
G

Ginkgo

jesus-lol-lead1.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7ba3e6837ea27ecb9a806f63e0d6ddc6.jpg

Proverbs 9:8 "Don’t correct jealous, cynical people, they will hate you anyway".

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am always afraid of giving too much emphasis to:
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Because love does not include compromising your heart of understanding to another's vanity (because that takes your belief away from God and yokes you together with that darkness in their mind); by placing a force of understanding from inside the mind, to an outside authority (or idol worship).

We should believe on one another as real trust is forged, this is done by learning about each other's real circumstances that cause what looks like aberrant behavior (because there is always a historical explanation for a 'fault'): although some people don't like to make their past known:- because it will often uncover the darkness that they cling too.
The darkness is the darkness of not understanding (which is the spiritual nakedness that Adam and Eve were ignorant of before they ate of the fruit (which is connected to the fleshly urge of not wanting to admit to doing anything evil).
Not wanting to admit to having done evil can have many explanations depending on your context, it can be said to be a relic of evolution, or how cultural evolution developed along with the evolution of language: but it is all found in Genesis Chapter 1 if you read it with a spiritual mind or according to the right Gospel.

What entity in this world has ever openly declared that they were evil, and that what was done was such that forgiveness through penance was not an option? Who would only offer truth in order to forge their reconciliation; because only such actions can nourish understanding, and foster the true heart of understanding. But there can be elements in humanity who would rather die or kill before obtaining true understanding (because they are content with 'other Gods' outside of themselves (idols)).

Most entities will offer explanation to offset blame, they never bare the blame themselves. Only if you first bear the blame without reservation, can the truth be known. This is the gift of Christ.

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk_14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Just because you employ the gift of the Christ does not make you Jesus Christ, it just makes you a man working out his soul salvation:
Mat_10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The point is, it is not a title (to be Jesus Christ himself) that the chosen (of God) are seeking to attain, it is the mind of Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Yes. So each of us must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Being born again means to make the conscious decision about your role in life as not God, and acknowledging that God is supreme. In this simple act of the mind and heart and soul, which takes a fraction of a kilo calorie to exert, is all that is required to assume our rightful place unto God, and to live as someone truly able to love and be loved.

But sadly, most choose to cling to a dark and obscured life.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking of this selection today, where God describes the nature of God's mercy:
"LORD, LORD, God compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in kindness and truth; preserving kindness for two thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, willful transgression, and erroneous sin, and cleanses..."
(Exodus 34:6-7)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think if heaven exists, and one of gets in they so have to ask the virgin mary how big God's dick is.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
7ba3e6837ea27ecb9a806f63e0d6ddc6.jpg

Proverbs 9:8 "Don’t correct jealous, cynical people, they will hate you anyway".

That's fantastic.

I think if heaven exists, and one of gets in they so have to ask the virgin mary how big God's dick is.

Really? :huh: I usually find your frankness/off the wall comments refreshing and funny. But this is a bit crude and uncalled for, in my opinion.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Really? :huh: I usually appreciate your frankness/off the wall comments refreshing and funny. But this is a bit crude and uncalled for, in my opinion.

you perceive it as crude

it's not uncalled for, I'm sure other people are wondering. he's seen us naked, so why can't we see him?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Really? :huh: I usually find your frankness/off the wall comments refreshing and funny. But this is a bit crude and uncalled for, in my opinion.

xo, i dont think she meant to offend you.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy Sabbath

^ It is a big deal. It's not only disgusting but it's an affront to her Maker and Creator. The saddest thing is that God loves her so much, but she doesn't seem to care at all.

Sometimes when people talk with vulgar lingo like that it means they have darkness in their past that they cannot process, so it comes out in extremely inappropriate ways. Kind of like when someone has mercury or lead poisoning and needs special therapy (chelation therapy) to get it out of the body, because the body has no inborn mechanism to deal with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone is having a holy Sabbath and is honoring God today.

Shalom!

Beorn

Permabanned
What do you guys think of this quote?

Sort of idealistic and limiting at the same time. Note that the people who come up with these types of quotes are preachers or theologians not plumbers or janitors.

When it comes to calling I prefer Augustine.

"Love God and do what you want."

Part of the good news is not that there is a calling somewhere out there in which you can find joy, but that you can find joy in any worthy calling.