User Tag List

First 33738182838485 Last

Results 821 to 830 of 873

Thread: The GOD Thread~

  1. #821
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Meh. I think they are just angry for their own reasons, and religion, as politics, is an easy target/outlet for that.
    Its sadly been a channel for exactly what you're talking about for the greater part of human history really when you think about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    I am aware I am not one of the 144, 000. I have no hard feelings towards this
    And how you be a knowing something like that?

  2. #822
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Well, sweetums, there is also the option of holding back

    Honestly, it takes quite a bit for someone to wake the beast. I'm ok with it, he's scary.
    Holding back? Never hold back on stupidity or ignorance my friend

    Haha it does, and he ain't that scary, just a bit rough around the edges is all...
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  3. #823
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Welp, find me one and I'll be there. I have problems in my real life with being way too harsh and cold with people's beliefs... Especially political, I can't fucking stand conservative values.
    I'm guessing you actually move in circles were those views arent held that much and you're an enforcer type for pretty unexamined liberal orthodoxies, in fact the sort of thing you flatter yourself that you're not, you're the opposite of and wouldnt ever be by virtue of hating on those li' ol' fucking conservative values.

    You want to bring it and get harsh and cold about values its probably going to take more than posting witticisms in your sig and praying it stands as a good substitute for a well reasoned argument from a cool, calm and collected head in a persuasive and charming manner from someone whose as good representative in practice for the values they hold dear in theory. Bub.

    Y'all take care now.

  4. #824
    Cat Wench ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Only super good and nice people get to be in the 144, 000. I am sadly neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

  5. #825
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm guessing you actually move in circles were those views arent held that much and you're an enforcer type for pretty unexamined liberal orthodoxies, in fact the sort of thing you flatter yourself that you're not, you're the opposite of and wouldnt ever be by virtue of hating on those li' ol' fucking conservative values.

    You want to bring it and get harsh and cold about values its probably going to take more than posting witticisms in your sig and praying it stands as a good substitute for a well reasoned argument from a cool, calm and collected head in a persuasive and charming manner from someone whose as good representative in practice for the values they hold dear in theory. Bub.

    Y'all take care now.
    Awww, you're cute, trying to get an emotional rise out of me, I appreciate the effort

    But no, I live in a conservative family, went to a conservative school, and have conservative friends, they just know not to bring up bland and irrational conservative policy or ethics around me, because most of them don't like their precious "believies" being challenged I don't really hold any belief "dear", they have no emotional attachment to me, if I get proven wrong, I will shift on to the more valid point of view, I've done this many times in the past year in terms of my philosophical stand points, but conservatives tend to be a little soft in the head when it comes to an actual debate, they'd rather employ emotional appeals

    Also, what has my signature got to do with this? Do you think my main arguments are in my signature? Are you serious? My signature is just bait for morons, nothing more, kind of like fishing (the only fishing I enjoy) I do not aim to be persuasive, or cool headed, but rational. Though, if I'm just having fun with someone who is patently an idiot, I toss the formalities aside, and get to work, always good for some cheap entertainment. You know that I respect your argument somewhat when I give it a serious response, but otherwise, you'll get nothing more than a chuckle in passing.

    You too
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  6. #826
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Always, my friend, always If you ever want to argue about something, especially something as vacuous as religion, I'll be there
    Vacuous enough for you to have made it the topic of your signature?

    Following your posts for all of about four or five pages here its pretty obvious to me that like a lot of atheists you're seriously over compensating and feel much, much more a grievance about people holding views and opinions other than yours than makes reasonable sense, it could relate to your MBTI type but I dont know you so I'm loath to speculate on that one but there's definitely much, much more strength of feeling than there is reason in much of what you say.

    People trying to persuade you of anything with unsolicited opinions are a nuisance at worst, probably driven by their own issues at best (in which case its just possible you could lend some insight if you're not going to be their necessary jerk and gird up their ego defences) but they arent the opportunity for an epic rap battle that you make them out to be. There's none of your intellectual struggles online or off are going to matter or be remembered in days let alone throughout the ages.

  7. #827
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Vacuous enough for you to have made it the topic of your signature?

    Following your posts for all of about four or five pages here its pretty obvious to me that like a lot of atheists you're seriously over compensating and feel much, much more a grievance about people holding views and opinions other than yours than makes reasonable sense, it could relate to your MBTI type but I dont know you so I'm loath to speculate on that one but there's definitely much, much more strength of feeling than there is reason in much of what you say.

    People trying to persuade you of anything with unsolicited opinions are a nuisance at worst, probably driven by their own issues at best (in which case its just possible you could lend some insight if you're not going to be their necessary jerk and gird up their ego defences) but they arent the opportunity for an epic rap battle that you make them out to be. There's none of your intellectual struggles online or off are going to matter or be remembered in days let alone throughout the ages.
    Hey, excuse me! I enjoy making fun of vacuous things Religion is just the most fun, because it's just like Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy, but people actually take it seriously! Bewildering.

    Over compensating? Hmmm.. I'm not quite sure what you mean, over-compensating for what exactly? I take my atheism with a grain of salt, but not other people's stupidity, that pisses me off. Also, makes more sense? We're talking about people who believe that they need to beg the forgiveness of a celestial zombie (who, incidentally, is the son of a bearded sky wizard) , in order to repent for the sins originally perpetuated my a man and a woman (the woman born from the man's rib, and moulded out of dirt), who ate a magical fruit, under the influence of a talking snake. If that makes sense, well, what doesn't? You tell me what about religion makes sense, and I'll be glad to consider, and perhaps respond!

    I'm not making them out to be an opportunity for much, apart from an entertaining discussion. Also, I don't intend to be remembered. Why would anybody? If you want to talk about what will be remembered "through the ages", please explain exactly what you do that fits the criteria. This is not meant to be some serious crusade! I wouldn't be prodding at people on an online forum if it was I'm just entertaining myself
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  8. #828
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Awww, you're cute, trying to get an emotional rise out of me, I appreciate the effort
    I dont play that way but by all means flatter yourself that you exercise such impact upon strangers online that they'd want anything from you along the lines of an, er, emotional rise or for that matter that you'd not proffer it as easily as all that were it what I wanted in any case.

    But no, I live in a conservative family, went to a conservative school, and have conservative friends, they just know not to bring up bland and irrational conservative policy or ethics around me, because most of them don't like their precious "believies" being challenged
    You're spoofing! Seriously?! Why what a rebel you are, I'm sure you'll stick to your guns in changed context and its not simply a matter of being a young contrarian then.

    I don't really hold any belief "dear", they have no emotional attachment to me, if I get proven wrong, I will shift on to the more valid point of view, I've done this many times in the past year in terms of my philosophical stand points, but conservatives tend to be a little soft in the head when it comes to an actual debate, they'd rather employ emotional appeals
    That's quite commendable, and an achievement second to none as it turns out, humankind being more rationalising than reasoning, guided by affect and emotion that is then furnished with the proper explanatory varnish, it would appear you are one of a kind, a first. I mean there's no way that your thinking could be prompted by myriad affects, perhaps provoked on a daily basis by all those family, friends and school authorities. Nope, you sound like a genuine example of a "being out of time" whose inspiration does not seem to match any of the surrounding community or received wisdom, like the prophets of old or one Jesus Christ, although wait, those are just stories, erm, not sure what to make of things then. Someone must be mistaken. Hardly the move of a steely intellect.

    Also, what has my signature got to do with this? Do you think my main arguments are in my signature? Are you serious? My signature is just bait for morons, nothing more, kind of like fishing (the only fishing I enjoy) I do not aim to be persuasive, or cool headed, but rational. Though, if I'm just having fun with someone who is patently an idiot, I toss the formalities aside, and get to work, always good for some cheap entertainment. You know that I respect your argument somewhat when I give it a serious response, but otherwise, you'll get nothing more than a chuckle in passing.
    No, you aim to bait people because its easier to compensate for your private doubts when you're putting people down.

    I hear all your morons and idiots talk but it all sounds very familiar and far too much like the lady doth protest too much for me to discount it as merry making, I hope you feel a little less threatened and a little more secure in your thinking with the full passage of time, if not I hope you dont feel too lonely if all your masterful baiting and taunting has achieved nothing other than your own isolation but for one or two strangers online.

  9. #829
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Hey, excuse me! I enjoy making fun of vacuous things Religion is just the most fun, because it's just like Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy, but people actually take it seriously! Bewildering.
    No, the things are nothing alike, although its what some atheists like to believe as its safer and easier to make a witty association than think about a matter in depth.

    Over compensating? Hmmm.. I'm not quite sure what you mean, over-compensating for what exactly? I take my atheism with a grain of salt, but not other people's stupidity, that pisses me off.
    Really? Why so? I thought you were the unmoved mover, looking only to bait the unwary into some amusing game of put down? Now instead you're finding the views of others troubling enough to be pissed off? Which is it?

    Also, makes more sense? We're talking about people who believe that they need to beg the forgiveness of a celestial zombie (who, incidentally, is the son of a bearded sky wizard) , in order to repent for the sins originally perpetuated my a man and a woman (the woman born from the man's rib, and moulded out of dirt), who ate a magical fruit, under the influence of a talking snake. If that makes sense, well, what doesn't? You tell me what about religion makes sense, and I'll be glad to consider, and perhaps respond!
    You're able to rehearse the standard scripts well, and maybe that's what it takes to impress in the little leagues, I've heard it all before and it couldnt raise a laugh even then, I've never liked Jervais much, whether he's discussing religion or demeaning people for laughs with his mean streak. Although if you take your life philosophy from a comedian dont be surprised if its a joke.

    I'm not making them out to be an opportunity for much, apart from an entertaining discussion. Also, I don't intend to be remembered. Why would anybody? If you want to talk about what will be remembered "through the ages", please explain exactly what you do that fits the criteria. This is not meant to be some serious crusade! I wouldn't be prodding at people on an online forum if it was I'm just entertaining myself
    I'm surprised that only two or three posts in you're in complete and open retreat quite like that.

    Although if its all such a laughing matter I see little or no reason to discuss it any further with you, your views are a joke, you're not too sure of your values and shrink from possessing any convictions in any case, you've no idea of the importance of an enduring idea or the proof of a tradition with any longevity at the service of anything greater than yourself.

    Your posts have spoken volumes already. Just not in the way you thought they would.

    Y'all take care now.

  10. #830
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Hey, excuse me! I enjoy making fun of vacuous things Religion is just the most fun, because it's just like Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy, but people actually take it seriously! Bewildering.
    I do not like religion at all either (I have explained why in previous posts). That said, making fun of religion, in particular going out of your way to do so is rather crude and ends up being very poorly received and seen by others. For the most part, it's rather non-productive. Since it was pointed out too, I agree with your signature. However, I do find it to be in bad taste as it appears it's sole purpose is to get a rise out of people and possibly flame them.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The God in Every Man/Woman
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO