Thread: The GOD Thread~

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I would be far more tolerant of these folks and their right to go door-to-door if they would simply take "no" for an answer and move on to the next prospect.
    I actually have met ones like this before. These two girls on campus one day came up to me (mormon missionaries I believe), gave like a 10 second intro and I cut them off (nicely) that I wasn't interested. They simply said "oh, alright, have a good day!". What particularly left me happy is they didn't say the trademark "god bless you", which lead me to believe they had the foresight of how to approach their goal in the best way possible. That I can get to respecting.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I actually have met ones like this before. These two girls on campus one day came up to me (mormon missionaries I believe), gave like a 10 second intro and I cut them off (nicely) that I wasn't interested. They simply said "oh, alright, have a good day!". What particularly left me happy is they didn't say the trademark "god bless you", which lead me to believe they had the foresight of how to approach their goal in the best way possible. That I can get to respecting.
    Yeah, they do exist, definitely. By & large the persistence seems more common, but perhaps that varies by region.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Welp, find me one and I'll be there. I have problems in my real life with being way too harsh and cold with people's beliefs... Especially political, I can't fucking stand conservative values.
    Well, sweetums, there is also the option of holding back

Honestly, it takes quite a bit for someone to wake the beast. I'm ok with it, he's scary.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    I hate those door to door "buy my faith for a low low price people" They need to learn that if they aren't pushing thin mints, they don't need to touch my door.
    LOL

I could probably find it, but I is sweepy, but there's a video of some grandma somewhere going off on these door to door evangelizers and she calls them "G****** Soul Solicitors!" It's pretty funny.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

wow. there are some angry people round here...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Its funny because there was a time when I felt the same way about evangelists, I still do about the majority of them because I feel a lot of the different species of them are members of churches and congregations which are seriously in error, although I could be considered sectarian for saying so.

I dont like individuals who're pushy about their politics or even their favourite sports teams for the same reasons.

Although, while I still have a tendency to dislike street preachers especially and faith healers, I hope I'm less annoyed about them or by them these days than I've been in the past. The God bless you think should be a good thing, its water under the bridge which has made it otherwise.

I think what troubles me the most about evangelists is evangelism and what it generally means or amounts to. The door to door variety is too much travelling salesman like for me to be comfortable with. A lot of it is clever PR, marketing and psychological priming as opposed to speaking to people who arent vulnerable, on their best day, with their best thinking and persuading them of any precise point. It feels as though its about winning more contributors to their collection plates or members for their congregations rather than sharing any high points of theology or religious insights with anyone. I hate vagaries, especially when it seems accompanied by or a cover for lack of understanding in the first place, its what I encounter among every sort of evangelist, most of the time winning converts is about convincing themselves.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    wow. there are some angry people round here...
    Religion ought to bring out peoples best but instead it often brings out peoples worst.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Meh. I think they are just angry for their own reasons, and religion, as politics, is an easy target/outlet for that.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Meh. I think they are just angry for their own reasons, and religion, as politics, is an easy target/outlet for that.
    Incorrect.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I am aware I am not one of the 144, 000. I have no hard feelings towards this
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.
    Likes prplchknz, Redbone liked this post